[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Just some babble about Rudy Gay and other potential Uconn draftees
Author Thread
Bippity10
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #574
2/8/2005  3:54 PM
Dare I say it, he may be the best freshman in Uconn history. Unfazed by some of the tougher opponents. Even Ray Allen crumbled in some big games. When Josh and Charlie crumble he seems to play harder. He is going to be someone to watch in the draft in two years.His shot is unblockable. He hustles, has no ego and is actually being tested as a two guard in practice and a few times in games. At two guard he would be scary. Who could affect his shot at that position?

Josh Boone really needs to get stronger. He is getting shoved around on a regular basis. Doesn't seem to hold is ground down low and has difficulty finishing in traffic. Against the more physical teams he is nonexistant. Big East teams are figuring this out and putting their toughest player on him. I don't know him well, so I don't know the scoop, but I don't think he'll leave this year but next year he is probably a Top 5(at least top 10) if he continues his natural progression). Once he adds some strength and has a year of being the man he will be tough. I picture a more talented, less brutish Brian Grant.

Villanueva looks like a Top 10 pick some nights and a second rounder on others. The sky is the limit with him. He has a great attitude but unfortunately he has Tim Thomas like confidence. When things go wrong he really fades and never seems to snap out of it. After the St. Johns game he actually cried after his performance. I Like the fact that he cares, but I'd rather seem him angry than crying. But to his credit he snapped out of it last night. The rumble is that he wants to leave, but that he doesn't think he is ready. The uconn frontline is going to be stacked next year and some guys are talking big about bolting. Charlie definitely needs to stay but a good showing in the last month could push him into what I think is a poor decision.

Denham is actually starting to get some looks. He could be a sleeper. In practice he is insanely good. But at this moment it hasn't translated consistently. I honestly think it's becuase he has a difficult time finding his niche on this team(added to the fact that he is a bonehead at times). But his pro prospects are even higher than.....

Rashad Anderson. Don't know what to think about him. His jumper is going to give him a shot. He has definitely improved his midrange game but there is somethign missing. When we find it I will let you know.
I just hope that people will like me
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2005  4:15 PM
I wasnt impressed w/ MArvin Williams. I was VERY impressed by Gay. Man he would look good on the wing with Marbury next year :)

Interesting comments on CV.. something just looks wrong with him, you probably nailed it.

The most realistic guy to me is Warrick still. I know he's a tweener but he's an insane athletic, plays his ass off on both ends and he's tough. All things the Knicks need first and formost.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bippity10
2/8/2005  4:58 PM
I think you mean Marcus Williams. He's good but he's young. He'll make 10 great decisions and then amaze you with 2 minutes of high school basketball. Reminds me a lot of Rick Brunson. Good defender that I think will get better with age. Doesn't have any shake and bake to his game.

Sleeper draft pick: Hilton Armstrong. I love this guy. Everyday he shows you something new. The improvement over the last month is insane.

I would love to see Warrick in a Knicks uniform. Someone compared him to Shawn Marion without the range. I like that comparison. He reminds me of Darius Miles without the bad attitude. If he never develops anotehr NBA skill he will be a good NBA player.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2005  6:36 PM
lol.. I said he reminded me of Marion with less range. Who's Marcus Williams? I'm thinking of Marvin from NC. Alot of people talk about him and Gay together, but Marvin didnt do anything beside play 'ok' along side the best talent second best talent in the NBA.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/8/2005  7:09 PM
Marcus Williams is going to be a lottery pick when all is said and done Bibbity. I never would have thought that watching him last year, but how many 6-3 200 pound left-handed smooth pure pG are out there? He's good on D and is jumper is becoming pure. Getting a tall-true PG is one of the hardest things to find.

Hilton will also get into the nBA at some point. You dont teach 6-11 245 and he's still growing according to JC. Hes actually only a 19 YP junior.

If I was him , I would transfer, but hes going to stick it out and play.

the thing that stinks is people dont get to see AJ Price who is as athletic as any guard Uconn as ever had and has an extremely high IQ on and off the court. If we had Price this year, i think we would ve gone b-b

Its good that Josh will be back. I was scared at the start of the season, but since he tweaked that knee, he hasnt ben strong with the ball, although the best part of his game is interior defense and he's blocked 14 shots in the last 2 games.

Im scared about gay. I mean is there a player with more potential then him? Its not just his O, its his D. Just think, hes an inch taller than Ariza has two more inches on his wingspan 7-4, and hes almost 225 and hes smooth at all aspects. I can almost see him as a top 3 pick this year, but Im hoping like hll he stays.
RIP Crushalot😞
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/9/2005  12:30 AM
I don't really pay too much attention to college bball, but what do you guys think of Rashad Anderson? You think he'll be an NBA player and be successful?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bippity10
2/9/2005  11:56 AM
Fish: Marcus Williams is the PG for Uconn. Marvin Williams plays for NC and will not be discussed in my post :)

Briggs: I like Marcus. I think he will turn himself into a first rounder but I think he needs to improve a lot to become a lottery pick. He is a great passer(despite the questionable decisions-product of youth) but my only concern is his ability to break people down off the dribble. Guys that can't break you down at the point that make it to the NBA, make it because their jumpshots are superior(Steve Kerr) or they are amazingly heady(J. Stockton, Derek Harper). At this point Marcus seems closer to a headcase than a heady player. But the jury is still out. We will see.

I love Hilton. My absolute favorite player on Uconn. His energy gets me pumped up. He also has obviously done a ton of work on his jumper and that little turnaround that has magically cropped up over the past few weeks. You have to root for a guy like that. I think he will definitely make a run at the NBA. I mean if Travis can make it........I too think he should transfer. But maybe staying hidden on a big time team will help him cover some flaws.

Price: I've never seen him play. A couple of the guys were up playing summer ball before the season(Kellogg and Nelson) but Price was never there when I was. I've heard nothing but good things. Calhoun thinks he's the best PG not to turn pro. It's a shame what happened. But add him to the mix of big men coming in next year, with the development of Boone and hopefully Gay we should be a scary team next year.

Rudy Gay-Could be a lottery player next year. But I think he'll stay. Calhoun is great at keeping guys like him around for an extra year.

Rashad-Just not sure with him. He reminds me of a slightly more talented Albert Mouring(Uconn alum that never panned out). His shot is great. He's developing a mid-range game. But unfortunately there are a million guys his size with unique skills to add to the NBA. We get a lot of info from scouts about players at Uconn but they seem higer on Denham Brown than Rashad. I think both of these guys are in the same boat. With a lot of improvement they could end up in the NBA. Otherwise they could end up on this website with me. He's got a great attitude but unfortunately on offense he is far too one dimensional.
Bippity10
2/9/2005  11:57 AM
I meant to say Rudy would be a lottery pick this year.
Just some babble about Rudy Gay and other potential Uconn draftees

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy