[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If last nights win surprised you....
Author Thread
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
2/9/2005  10:56 AM
Actually I mostly stopped reading after your usual, if you don't agree with me, then you need to learn about basketball.

The homo patting crap just jumps out of the page.

Ofcourse, you are the man for predicting that that we can actually beat a terrible Utah team.

Keep up predicting things after they happen, your skill is unmatched.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/9/2005  11:14 AM
to be fair I thought the whole patting thing was in context of how sour Marbury is and that he and KT had this big fight, etc. etc.
Meanwhile KT and Marbury play the 2 man game all night and look pretty ok with each other.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/9/2005  11:22 AM
Which should be commended. Just like how Shaq and Kobe always fought like animals off the court, but on it, they played great together (3 rings).

But once I see the childish behavior on the court, then I want to see changes immediately.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/9/2005  11:30 AM
Interesting. Kobe always sniped at Shaq because he was jealous of Shaq's popularity. Marbs essentially did the same in forcing a trade out of Minnesota because he was jealous of KG's popularity (at least as measured by his contract). KT hardly rates as worthy of jealousy. I wonder how Marbs would react to another chance with a star big man (now i'm opposed to acquiring CWebb but he would qualify on this front). Man, analyzing the psychodramas of millionaire athletes is just too tempting to resist, isn't it??

[Edited by - marv on 02/09/2005 11:31:38]
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/9/2005  11:35 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Bogut would be nice.... but we just have to have the mindset that we are building something. I would be perfectly happy with Warrick, Green or anyone else Isiah scouts and picks at that spot. We are still amassing talent, and that should be priority 1

Yes, agreed. But to willingly blow a chance at Boone (still not convinced he's staying at school), Bogut, Taft or Warrick (not sure he'll last to the 9th pick or whatever lame pick we're aiming for).

This draft is very similar to the 2003 draft where the big talent was rather obvious (Bron, Melo, Wade, Bosh, Kaman, Hinrich). Drafts where the major talent plays most of its games on TV, its real easy for GMs to scout and you don't find gems. Boone, Bogut, Taft and Warrick aren't going to slip out of the top 7 picks or so. If we don't have a top 7-ish pick, we're going to come away from this draft with another pseudo-starter like Sweetney.

After those top four I mentioned, I like Lamarcus Aldridge, Charlie Villanueva and maybe Simien, but I'm not sold on those guys being starter quality. This team needs talent everywhere, yes, but what we need more than anything is a young, impact big.
¿ △ ?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/9/2005  12:02 PM
Posted by Marv:

Interesting. Kobe always sniped at Shaq because he was jealous of Shaq's popularity. Marbs essentially did the same in forcing a trade out of Minnesota because he was jealous of KG's popularity (at least as measured by his contract). KT hardly rates as worthy of jealousy. I wonder how Marbs would react to another chance with a star big man (now i'm opposed to acquiring CWebb but he would qualify on this front). Man, analyzing the psychodramas of millionaire athletes is just too tempting to resist, isn't it??

[Edited by - marv on 02/09/2005 11:31:38]

at this point i think Marbury would welcome it w/open arms...he was young, impetuous & immature in his MIN days...he just wants to win now i truly believe that...adding a CWebb to this roster would make him infinitely better as a PG in my opinion & relieve alot of pressure off his shoulders & allow him to play more freely.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/9/2005  11:47 PM
Posted by simrud:

Actually I mostly stopped reading after your usual, if you don't agree with me, then you need to learn about basketball.

The homo patting crap just jumps out of the page.

Ofcourse, you are the man for predicting that that we can actually beat a terrible Utah team.

Keep up predicting things after they happen, your skill is unmatched.
Not a prediction but an observation of a trend. With Marbs attitude being such a focus of many here, and the reported conflict between him and Kurt which coincided with our epic slide, it made sense to me to note when it apparently was over.

With the hostility gone and after the big team meating there seems to be a much tougher team out on the floor now, who will begin to win again, thats my prediction. We came up just shy against Miami tonight, and played hard as hell. Thats what I'm saying, being able to see something before it happens.

"Homo patting?", grow up man, 3rd grade is over. Unless you wanna take your high-class antics to a more appropriate place......www.realgm.com
If last nights win surprised you....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy