[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If last nights win surprised you....
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/8/2005  7:55 AM
Then you need to learn about this game of basketball and some of the subtler things. Kurt and Steph are patting each other on the court. The team wasn't down on themselves in the overtime last night. The last 3 games we have actually played them all well, except for the collapse against Sac in the final minutes. It would acually be 4 out of 5 if you included the clipper game.

We lost to Phoenix the other night and played them very close the entire game! We have to remember they are much more talented than us and have one of the best teams in the leaugue.

This is how we need to play and guys are playing like a team now. Stephon stepped up and has established how it will be in the closing minutes of our games now. We want the ball in his hands driving to the basket, and making something happen. He doesn't always have to shoot, but that should always be the plan A, unless someone else is on fire (not likely).

I expect a run and for all of our next games to be hard fought battles. We are working on an identity. F*ck the lottery, playing together as a team is more important than any of that. Losing this many games in a row should show you guys that. We need to play hard, we have the chips to get the players we need. We will go on a run in the second half. We may make the playoffs.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2005  9:55 AM
the Knicks have been playing hard, they just arent winning any games. they have played their butts off for 45 minutes every night, only to cough up lead after lead late in games.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/8/2005  10:01 AM
which is exactly why i'm not THAT worried about this team. 14 losses with 6 points or less. 6 losses with 2 points or less. that's a whole lotta close games. one coach and one player can change all of that.
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
2/8/2005  10:07 AM
yea lately they've been playing very hard and with a lot of pride and heart which is really good to see. They were all hugging last night as if they just won a game 7 . I saw that stat the other night djsunyc that the Knicks have played 20 games decided by 6 points or less and they are 6-14, THAT HURTS , but hey the Knicks could have easily turned on eachother and just gave in but they havent and they are eplaying extremely hard and we gotta give some props to Herb. I really think he is lighting a fire under their asses
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
2/8/2005  10:08 AM
I also strongly believe that we can make a run and make some noise in the playoffs.
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
2/8/2005  10:40 AM
It's like I said in one of earlier posts, it is the coaches' responsiblity to identify who he wants to handle the rock when it matters the most...Lenny made the same mistakes early on, he failed to identify Marburry as the first option at the end of games...If he is the superstar of the team, he should be the one taking the last shot, and if the shot is not there for him, he can kick out to the open men....Herb realises that after the Sacremento game, and he has adjusted....Herb will be a good coach down the road....because he is a student of the game...
The true Knickabocker..........
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/8/2005  10:55 AM
there's nothing subtle about blowing an 11 point lead with 3 minutes to go. Kurt and Steph are professionals and this whole team has never quit, but right now it's a confidence issue and a defense issue.

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/8/2005  11:02 AM
it was inevitable that once we won a game that people would start pronouncing us a serious playoff contender again:>)
hopefully the next game can remind of us of our frontline, our team athletiscm and defense. I keep hearing this stat we lose games by only 6 points. Well that's above the average margin of victory in the NBA. Last night's game to me is dissapointing because I realize a loss is better than a win and there is more entertainment value in it right now anyway:>) right now we are the worst team in the division and we earned that right for a reason. I would rather we kept the losing momentum up at a peak because it may cause an effect to give into losing and possibly make Isiah move towards anything that would be more of a move for next year and the long term.

Lets be real. I mean if an ultimate goal is to win a championship, which is my goal, you need to GET impact players. Right now the more we lose, the more we win.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
2/8/2005  11:07 AM
I'm somewhere in the middle. If I want the Knicks to lose a game I wont watch.. I just cant.

I would LOVE the Knicks to trade KT for Rose and those 2 late #1's.
Then move Nazr to the Wolves for Ervin Johnson's expiring deal and their #1.

Then if we win games we are doing it with younger guys and Sweetney as the starting PF. If we lose games our assets improve for the offseason but the younger guys are getting minutes. Either way its a positive.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/8/2005  11:13 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

it was inevitable that once we won a game that people would start pronouncing us a serious playoff contender again:>)
hopefully the next game can remind of us of our frontline, our team athletiscm and defense. I keep hearing this stat we lose games by only 6 points. Well that's above the average margin of victory in the NBA. Last night's game to me is dissapointing because I realize a loss is better than a win and there is more entertainment value in it right now anyway:>) right now we are the worst team in the division and we earned that right for a reason. I would rather we kept the losing momentum up at a peak because it may cause an effect to give into losing and possibly make Isiah move towards anything that would be more of a move for next year and the long term.

Lets be real. I mean if an ultimate goal is to win a championship, which is my goal, you need to GET impact players. Right now the more we lose, the more we win.

last night, I found myself expecting Utah to make a run and win, and kind of happy when it happened. We're in a weird spot as fans, but I hope everyone realizes that we NEED a top five pick this year.
¿ △ ?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/8/2005  11:48 AM
It is hard to win games on the road in this league, I like the way the knicks have played these past 3 games, I keep hearing about our lack of athleticsm, to me that is only a problem at our PF position, we have good athletes at SF with ariza, SG with crawford and Pg with marbs. I want us to make a trade or two to get some picks and or young players, but I will always root for us to win..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/8/2005  12:56 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

there's nothing subtle about blowing an 11 point lead with 3 minutes to go.
rofl...
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/8/2005  1:03 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by BRIGGS:

last night, I found myself expecting Utah to make a run and win, and kind of happy when it happened. We're in a weird spot as fans, but I hope everyone realizes that we NEED a top five pick this year.
I'd say we need a top 2 pick... Bogut is not going to last long... and he's the guy we need, because he's the only one ready to step in and play Center.
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
2/8/2005  1:22 PM
Cheering for the team to lose is lame.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
fishmike
USA
2/8/2005  1:26 PM
Bogut would be nice.... but we just have to have the mindset that we are building something. I would be perfectly happy with Warrick, Green or anyone else Isiah scouts and picks at that spot. We are still amassing talent, and that should be priority 1
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/8/2005  1:49 PM
i caught the second half and turned it off in the fourth after they started to lose the lead....i couldn't take it....

It's all about the fourth quarters....that's when you really see what a team can do.....the Knicks usually play well right up to the last 5-8 mins then they start looking around waitint for someone to do something....

Whatever happens Marbs has to continue to destroy teams....no one can stop Marbs from scoring, when he is focused. Marbs kind of stops himself.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/8/2005  1:51 PM
6 points is a telling number. you get a guy like ruben patterson in here, instead of tim and you're talking about him preventing 3 extra FG's a game, which is a reasonable task.

you win all those games and we're now a 29-19 team that has a knack for winning close games. that's in the polar opposite of where we are now. i think that's a pretty significant stat and completely different mindset as a team.

i think we all know kurt and nazr are not the long term answers and i don't think isiah is one bit fooled by their "production" but the trade value of a frontcourt from a 29-19 team has got to be higher than one from a team that's 19-29.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 02/08/2005 14:01:02]
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/8/2005  6:49 PM
I gocha ya man, the key to winning is to have the playes patting each other all over the court as much as possible.

Sorry I'm not up to speed with the game of grabass, oops, I mean ball.

We gotta send somebody out to the game and have there with a sine, "we want more patting", that'll sure get us to win more.

Just imagine Marbury patting Mohammed, maybe he will get a post up move or 2. And it will do wonders to Houston. A little patting therpay and he will be ready to go in no time.

Killa you the sage, keep the wisdom coming, and never let up on the patting.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/8/2005  6:49 PM
this team still needs to learn how to close out games, it's blatantly clear...all those missed FT's down the stretch almost cost them another game...good thing they kept battling into the OT...i give Marbs props for coming through big last night...hopefully he keeps it going & doesn't pass up big shots down the stretch anymore.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/9/2005  3:59 AM
Posted by simrud:

I gocha ya man, the key to winning is to have the playes patting each other all over the court as much as possible.

Sorry I'm not up to speed with the game of grabass, oops, I mean ball.

We gotta send somebody out to the game and have there with a sine, "we want more patting", that'll sure get us to win more.

Just imagine Marbury patting Mohammed, maybe he will get a post up move or 2. And it will do wonders to Houston. A little patting therpay and he will be ready to go in no time.

Killa you the sage, keep the wisdom coming, and never let up on the patting.
Hey Jerky, the point is that this is a team game and therefore teamwork and comradery goes a long way.

Way to stop reading at the second sentence and then post an 'insightful' reply.
Good Job!!!

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 02/09/2005 04:00:27]
If last nights win surprised you....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy