[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Young Weezy
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
2/8/2005  6:01 AM
Knicks have Trevor, Sweets and now Bruno getting some burn... When's the last season we had young players starting or in the heavy rotation and pulled out wins? Sweets and Ariza need to keep getting big minutes... Bruno too. Win or lose, we build up young guns.

Just thinking... how good would these young guys be with Nash or Kidd feeding them instead of Marbury? Marbury is too much of a spotlight star player that detracts from anyone else receiving any attention...

Could Marbs get more assists if he scored less? He should be looking for Trevor because that's his only other guy out there... He should be feeding Nazr. Nazr could look like a Steven Hunter or Jason Collins if fed right.
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/8/2005  7:41 AM
Posted by Caseloads:

Just thinking... how good would these young guys be with Nash or Kidd feeding them instead of Marbury? Marbury is too much of a spotlight star player that detracts from anyone else receiving any attention...

Could Marbs get more assists if he scored less? He should be looking for Trevor because that's his only other guy out there...

Now it this point you've got to be thinking, does this kid know anything about basketball. Marbury detracts attention from our young guys? What? So they need attention? What is this a kindergarten clasroom or a damn basketball team? You need attention, psychiatric attention.
He should be feeding Nazr. Nazr could look like a Steven Hunter or Jason Collins if fed right.

Oh yes, Steven Hunter and Jason Collins, those 2 offensive juggernauts with their array of low post moves. Truly the elite of young big men.
Nazr looks like them on his bad days, if he should be trying to emulate anyone, it should be some guys with an actual game. BTW, Marbury is the primary reason Nazr has looked as good as he has on many nights.

Mods, this guy needs a timeout out. At least like a one day suspension for sounding incredibly stupid.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/8/2005  8:26 AM
Killa - dude - you're cracking me up this morning. What's got you so hot and bothered?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2005  8:41 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

Mods, this guy needs a timeout out. At least like a one day suspension for sounding incredibly stupid.

Case, more time watching MSG & Knicks, less time in the hospital!
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2005  9:41 AM
Weezy? Are you taking about Louise "Weezy" Jefferson? Former Neighbor of Archie and Edith Bunker? Married to George, mother of Lionel, who done well in the dry cleaning business and moved to a deluxe apartment in the sky?

Weezy was a great lady! Even if just a fictious character on a sitcom!

Reezy is a nice emerging rookie on the knicks!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2005  9:49 AM
[He should be feeding Nazr. Nazr could look like a Steven Hunter or Jason Collins if fed right.

As long as whomever is feeding Sweets does not start feeding Nazr, We be alright! Steve Hunter looks like he could get feed more.

Anybody really notice what is happening with the Suns? They gone Euro? nash is a Euro-style guard, and there coach was very successful in that game! euro scrubs done beat on our 2nd tier allstars pretty got, its a valid theory. Isiah is ok to jaunt over and get some suits, and look at that game more closly. The Spurs gone euro and have more on the way, and the bulls are doing it more. Their rookie N......what ever his name is helping them right away!

It ain't nash, its the system and he does it as well as anyone! Think Vujanic as Nash's understudy? Interesting concept.

Euro points are suppose to suck, but they can shoot, and if you leave them alone, they kill you. When you come out to get them, they go right by you. Marbs is great at that, but his transition passing sucks! He don't score if he gives up the rock, and why should he? We don't have transition players anyway!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/8/2005  9:56 AM
Marbs is great at that, but his transition passing sucks! He don't score if he gives up the rock, and why should he? We don't have transition players anyway!

I agree on Marbury not being a great transition passing PG. Ariza was constantly in front of him and he can't seem to give him the ball. I see Trevor raising his hand and motioning for an alleyoop but it never came. With Ariza and Jamal they should be running more.
Killa4luv
USA
2/8/2005  12:19 PM
Posted by Marv:

Killa - dude - you're cracking me up this morning. What's got you so hot and bothered?
I dunno, i woke up prematurely, had nightmares. Then the first thing I read are 1) pete vescey article which I didn't like 2) Caseloads posting the article that i didn't like & mocking Steph in the thread title, then 3) this thread which makes very little sense.

We finally friggin won and Steph did what we all know he can do for us to win without Craw, and I read 3 negative things about my team? I wasn't ready for it, and I guess i was a lil out of character but, does this thread make sense?

How good Trevpr Sweets and Bruno would be with Kidd or Nash instead of Marbs?

Marbury detracting attention?

Nazr "elevating" his level of play to the 2 future HOFers Steven Hunter & Jason Collins!!!

I mean is he serious MArv? Those guys could possibly be THE 2 worst offensive centers in the league!!! Really!!

Only thing Nazzy needs to do is stop breaking the NBA record for most fouls and the opening minute of a game. If he can stay on the floor marbs will do what he has been doing all season and that is to make him look special.

And the only thing Sweets needs to learn is that a proffessional athelete should not have the same body type as a fans.

And the only thing Ariza needs to do is perfect that 18 footer, marbs will make sure he gets as many open shots as he can handle.

Are you feeling me Marv? But as i looked back several hours later at my posts, I was quite aggressive. Caseloads obviously has let it all run down his back because he hasnt said anything, or he hasn't read it yet. Either way, pardon me.

[Edited by - killa4luv on 02/08/2005 12:21:51]
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/8/2005  12:40 PM
I've gained a heightened respect for Killa's basketball knowleldge after the replies on this thread (seriously)
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
2/8/2005  12:41 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Marv:

I dunno, i woke up prematurely, had nightmares. Then the first thing I read are 1) pete vescey article which I didn't like 2) Caseloads posting the article that i didn't like & mocking Steph in the thread title, then 3) this thread which makes very little sense.

We finally friggin won and Steph did what we all know he can do for us to win without Craw, and I read 3 negative things about my team? I wasn't ready for it, and I guess i was a lil out of character but, does this thread make sense?

How good Trevpr Sweets and Bruno would be with Kidd or Nash instead of Marbs?

Marbury detracting attention?

Nazr "elevating" his level of play to the 2 future HOFers Steven Hunter & Jason Collins!!!

I mean is he serious MArv? Those guys could possibly be THE 2 worst offensive centers in the league!!! Really!!

Only thing Nazzy needs to do is stop breaking the NBA record for most fouls and the opening minute of a game. If he can stay on the floor marbs will do what he has been doing all season and that is to make him look special.

And the only thing Sweets needs to learn is that a proffessional athelete should not have the same body type as a fans.

And the only thing Ariza needs to do is perfect that 18 footer, marbs will make sure he gets as many open shots as he can handle.

Are you feeling me Marv? But as i looked back several hours later at my posts, I was quite aggressive. Caseloads obviously has let it all run down his back because he hasnt said anything, or he hasn't read it yet. Either way, pardon me.

[Edited by - killa4luv on 02/08/2005 12:21:51]
brushed it off bro... i know you're on the rag right now, it's ok

but look at what I said:

1) Build up the young guys... - you gonna argue with me?
2) Kidd (and Nash) make guys look better - you gonna argue with me?
3) The Suns came out in the paper and said Marbs makes the game all about him and not about the other people - fact. Are you gonna disagree that Marbury's attitude could rub fragile NBA players the wrong way? Who in the NBA is not spoiled or fragile mentally? All are pretty much...
4) I said Marbs should feed trevor a bit more - I've seen games where Trevor is open or running and leading the break and no pass from Marbs.
5) How many posters on this board have been begging for Steven "Orlando Magic 1st round pick Garbage" Hunter to be signed by IT this summer? Ok...

I never said that Nazr could be a HOF or a superstar. I think he could be a lot better if fed right and given better leadership. Nazr has great tools to be a decent center in the league. Part is on him and part is on coaches and his PG.
Killa4luv
USA
2/9/2005  2:38 AM
Posted by Caseloads:

brushed it off bro...
Cool.
i know you're on the rag right now, it's ok
ROFL. Don't make me fight you!
That was funny though.
but look at what I said:

Thats not what you said. You said or implied that Marbs was stunting their growth. I don't agree and I really dont think there anything in the games to support this. I have only missed like 3 games this season. I don't see it. But no I wont argue against building up the young guys. Whatever building them up means.
Nash is not as good as Kidd, but yes they both make players better. Could they make this Knick team better? *HELL NO*
This team can't run and that is what both of those guys do best. What is it that you think these guys could do with sweets, trevor and ?BRUNO? that isn't being done now? Those guys have excellent coaching and multiple stars on their teams, we have decent coaching, one star and a bunch of role-players or up and comings. Its a ridiculous assertion that I dont think makes sense.

Steve Nash played with Michael Finley, Dirk Nowitski, Antoine Walker last year and he didn't avg 11 assists (8 like steph) and he wasn't given all of the credit for the teams success. That is a ****ing great team right there , that could play exactly how Phoenix is playing right now but didn't quite do that. They got bumped in the first round by Sacremento after winning only 1 game!

My point: Coaching matters quite a bit as well, and that coach should be given lots of credit too. It isn't all Nash.
3) The Suns came out in the paper and said Marbs makes the game all about him and not about the other people - fact. Are you gonna disagree that Marbury's attitude could rub fragile NBA players the wrong way? Who in the NBA is not spoiled or fragile mentally? All are pretty much...
I wouldn't argue with their statements thats a fact.
I wouldn't argue that Marbs attitude could definitely improve, that is also a fact.
4) I said Marbs should feed trevor a bit more - I've seen games where Trevor is open or running and leading the break and no pass from Marbs.
I haven't, and I think he gets trevor the ball quite a bit. I'll watch to see if it happens.
5) How many posters on this board have been begging for Steven "Orlando Magic 1st round pick Garbage" Hunter to be signed by IT this summer? Ok...
I have been begging for him, but not because he has so much game and he is better than Nazr, because he is athletic, runs, jumps, and blocks shots. Nazr is not that, and we need that. Nazr is a better player than Hunter though, no qestion about that. Hunter is young, so development potential, and athleticism would be the reason to get him.

I never said that Nazr could be a HOF or a superstar. I think he could be a lot better if fed right and given better leadership. Nazr has great tools to be a decent center in the league. Part is on him and part is on coaches and his PG.
Steph is a huge part of the reason why Nazr has been playing so good this year. Nazr said that himself, Keith Van Horn also said the same things about Steph, did you see that in the papers or do you only see when people make negative comments about Steph? Nazr is the player, more than any other on this team, who Steph has made better. The facts are that he is just not that good. He isn't atheletic, He can't jump, his hands are like bricks, and his 'post game' has been spotted only in quick flashes. Not to mention he takes about 4 seconds off the shot clock just gathering the ball and another 4 to make his move.

He is 28 and can improve, but that isn't on Steph, he has to improve his skills on his own. He has to develop his mid-rang and post games on his time. How many times did I call for them to stop doing that high post pick and roll with Nazr? Everytime they did it I called for an end to it, because he isn't ready for that. When he has the ball beyond 10 feet he is a turnover waiting to happen. Hell when he has the ball in the post sometimes he's a turnover waiting to happen. He gets called for traveling because his foot work sucks, and he forces shots rather than passing out of the post.

Again the key is he is 28 and can improve, but that isn't on Steph, he has to improve his skills on his own. Next year is a contract year for him so we'll see.

BTW I like Nazr, I'm just being critical of him.

And picking Steven Hunter and Jaron or Jason (they both suck) Collins as guys he could be like is crazy. Admit that that was crazy, those guys bring 0 game to the table, he's already better than both of them.

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 02/09/2005 02:52:47]
Killa4luv
USA
2/9/2005  2:56 AM
Posted by Caseloads:

brushed it off bro...
Cool.
i know you're on the rag right now, it's ok
ROFL. Don't make me fight you!
That was funny though.
but look at what I said:

Thats not what you said. You said or implied that Marbs was stunting their growth. I don't agree and I really dont think there anything in the games to support this. I have only missed like 3 games this season. I don't see it. But no I wont argue against building up the young guys. Whatever building them up means.
Nash is not as good as Kidd, but yes they both have made players better. Could they make this Knick team better? *HELL NO*
This team can't run and that is what both of those guys do best. What is it that you think these guys could do with sweets, trevor and ?BRUNO? that isn't being done now? Those guys have excellent coaching and multiple stars on their teams, we have decent coaching, one star and a bunch of role-players or up and comings. Its a ridiculous assertion that I dont think makes sense.

Steve Nash played with Michael Finley, Dirk Nowitski, Antoine Walker last year and he didn't avg 11 assists (8 like steph) and he wasn't given all of the credit for the teams success. That is a ****ing great team right there , that could play exactly how Phoenix is playing right now but didn't quite do that. They got bumped in the first round by Sacremento after winning only 1 game! Put Steph on that team and they win a chip. Steph never played with that much talent.

But My overall point: Coaching matters quite a bit as well, and that Phoenix Coach should be given most of the credit. It isn't all Nash, although he plays a big part.
I wouldn't argue about their statements, thats how they felt, thats what they said. I wouldn't argue that Marbs attitude could be better, thats a no-brainer.
I haven't, and I think he gets trevor the ball quite a bit. I'll watch to see if it happens.
I have been saying we should get him, but not because he has so much game and he is better than Nazr, because he is athletic, runs, jumps, and blocks shots. Nazr is not that, and we need that. Nazr is a better player than Hunter though, no qestion about that. Hunter is young and athletic thats the reason to get him.
Steph is a huge part of the reason why Nazr has been playing so good this year. Nazr said that himself, Keith Van Horn also said the same things about Steph, did you see that in the papers or do you only see when people make negative comments about Steph? Nazr is the player, more than any other on this team, who Steph has made better. The facts are that he is just not that good. He isn't atheletic, He can't jump, his hands are like bricks, and his 'post game' has been spotted only in quick flashes. Not to mention he takes about 4 seconds off the shot clock just gathering the ball and another 4 to make his move.

He is 28 and can improve, but that isn't on Steph, he has to improve his skills on his own. He has to develop his mid-rang and post games on his time. How many times did I call for them to stop doing that high post pick and roll with Nazr? Everytime they did it I called for an end to it, because he isn't ready for that. When he has the ball beyond 10 feet he is a turnover waiting to happen. Hell when he has the ball in the post sometimes he's a turnover waiting to happen. He gets called for traveling because his foot work sucks, and he forces shots rather than passing out of the post.

Again the key is he is 28 and can improve, but that isn't on Steph, he has to improve his skills on his own. Next year is a contract year for him so we'll see.

BTW I like Nazr, I'm just being critical of him.

And picking Steven Hunter and Jaron or Jason (they both suck) Collins as guys he could be like is crazy. You know that that was crazy, those guys bring 0 game to the table, he's already better than both of them.

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 02/09/2005 03:05:30]
Young Weezy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy