[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

No one is going to like this, but the truth must be told...
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/7/2005  3:58 PM
It's time to start Tim Thomas again.

Yes, Ariza is playing well, but this team needs his spark off the bench and it's time to see if Tim can put up numbers in the second half of the season and give himself some semblance of trade value again heading into the summer. It has to be done.
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/7/2005  4:04 PM
I'd keep Ariza starting. He's starting to look more comfortable in the starting spot. Besides, he deserves it, he outworks TT at everything. All Timmy has on him is range, when his shot is on, and is better at posting up, although he has bricked alot of shots close up too.
Why do I have a feeling that if TT started, he would somehow be able to manage to lower his value from what it is? All I see him for now is his contract.
Ariza starting has been one of the only bright spots to this season. I have to hang onto something.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/7/2005  4:06 PM
i think TT plays better against other team's 2nd units...it might be better to keep him on the bench as the 6th man & allow Stephon, Crawford, Nazr & KT to get their games going earlier, so he's just not a second thought out there early on...that way you can use him as a focal point to run your offense through when he comes into the game...Ariza is good at being productive while not having plays run for him, so i'm ok w/having him on the floor w/those other guys.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Clean
Member: #743
2/7/2005  4:14 PM
TT plays much better on the bench and the starting lineup needs ariza hustle. Works out perfect both ways. If the bench needs a spark thats what JYD is for.
crzymdups
USA
2/7/2005  4:15 PM
To be fair, I said no one would like it.

Look, it will hurt Ariza's development somewhat, but I'm not saying bench him. I'm saying showcase TT. Though, if the way to showcase him is to have him come in off the bench and light it up in the second and third quarters, fine.
¿ △ ?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/7/2005  4:24 PM
you bring him off the bench for now. if he keeps playing well, you keep him out there. ariza's #'s are getting pinched already b/c of hardaway. tim will probably take minutes away from ariza and sweetney if his play continues.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/7/2005  6:31 PM
I say keep playing Ariza, and make sure you play Sundov and Brewer enough for us to loose the game.

Ariza is developiong, but lets not kid ourselves, he is hurting the team more then helping at this point as a starter, however that's what 19 year old rooks do.

I say keep playing him and let him learn on his mistakes. By next year he will be really read to be a solid starter.

As for TT, who even cares, his only value is in the lenght of his deal. Same for Penny. We should not be playing either extended minutes, neither one is the future.

And them playin well might get us an extra win goddamit lol.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Clean
Member: #743
2/7/2005  6:35 PM
exatly how is he hurting the team? This I would like to know.
simrud
USA
2/7/2005  6:40 PM
Watch a game or 2 and find out.

For once he can't shoot, but they have him shooting. He also can't guard one on one right now. He maeks rookie mistakes.

Cmon, I love Ariza, but if we were a contending team no way would he be starting. We are simply tanking and reubuilding.

And I think that's what we should be doing exatcly. Play Ariza 48 minutes if you can as far as I'm concerned.
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
2/7/2005  7:27 PM
TT earned his big contract by showing huge promise dominating crap units off the bench IMO. everyone only thought he was good when he was a 6th man averaging 12 ppg off the bench behind ray allen, big dog, and sam cassell.
I'd start tim; it's his last chance to show he can contribute. If he does, his trade value is up. If he doesn't, we have a legit excuse to start ariza like everyone wants to.
http://allknicks.com
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/7/2005  8:02 PM
Hey no one is going to like this either but I think Penny is a worse player than TT. I cannot stand seeing Penny on the court anymore. I know we owe him schmillions of dollars and i don't watn another buyout, those seem really demoralizing to me (like it's my money? i know i shouldn't care but it's like the ultimate spoiled loser daddy-has-big-bucks-and-will buy-me-out-of-trouble move to me).
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
2/7/2005  8:05 PM
when i read the thread topic i thought it was something more than...we need to start Tiny Tim

talk about an emotional rollercoaster

i don't see the point in starting Tim Thomas. seriously if he doesn't play defense what would be the point.

Tim thomas provides a spark off the bench. yeah okay
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
2/7/2005  9:18 PM
Showcase TT for what????? I am one of his biggest fan, but Ariza is the future. Marburry needs as much time as possible to work with this kid. Put Sweetney in there with him also.

Posted by crzymdups:

To be fair, I said no one would like it.

Look, it will hurt Ariza's development somewhat, but I'm not saying bench him. I'm saying showcase TT. Though, if the way to showcase him is to have him come in off the bench and light it up in the second and third quarters, fine.
The true Knickabocker..........
simrud
USA
2/8/2005  12:23 AM
TT sure got showcases tonight. Did he even make a shot?
crzymdups
USA
2/8/2005  12:48 AM
Posted by simrud:

No, but he sure started, didn't he? I just started this thread as a joke when I heard Jamal was out. Though, come to think of it, they did win...hmmmmm...
¿ △ ?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2005  8:46 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by simrud:

No, but he sure started, didn't he? I just started this thread as a joke when I heard Jamal was out. Though, come to think of it, they did win...hmmmmm...

they did win, but it wasn't cause of TT. In fact, TT really could have sealed it, but missed 3 of 4 FTs down the stretch.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
No one is going to like this, but the truth must be told...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy