[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

what about Boozer?
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/7/2005  2:56 PM
He makes a boatload of cash has been a big dissapointment for Utah. The Jazz are stuck cap wise because of AK47, and Sloan has questioned his team's (Boozer's) toughness. Do you think something like KT/Nazr+ cash and 2006 (top 5 restricted) #1 for Boozer makes sense for either team? It saves the Jazz a ton of cash and KT would be a nice player between Okur and Kirilenko.

I'm not sure if Boozer is either worth it or fits into the style of play we want here. He's more a half court banger than anything else, but even if you want to go uptempo you need some bigtime rebounders and he's one.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/7/2005  3:20 PM
give them KT, Nazr, Sweetney or whatever...Boozer is better than all of those guys...who says we couldn't use a physical banger down low who can actually score in the post & stay out of foul trouble long enough to put up some good #'s?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/7/2005  3:21 PM
Posted by fishmike:

He makes a boatload of cash has been a big dissapointment for Utah. The Jazz are stuck cap wise because of AK47, and Sloan has questioned his team's (Boozer's) toughness. Do you think something like KT/Nazr+ cash and 2006 (top 5 restricted) #1 for Boozer makes sense for either team? It saves the Jazz a ton of cash and KT would be a nice player between Okur and Kirilenko.

I'm not sure if Boozer is either worth it or fits into the style of play we want here. He's more a half court banger than anything else, but even if you want to go uptempo you need some bigtime rebounders and he's one.

I would do that trade. Though, I think we would have to trade our 2005 pick (after picking a player for Utah). I think Phoenix gets our pick if it's outside the top ten next year. If Bogut, Taft, Boone and Warrick are unavailable, I would pursue a trade. I don't love the draft this year outside of those players.
¿ △ ?
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/7/2005  3:25 PM
Wow thats alot for boozer. KT AND Nazy AND a top 5 restricted. Thats way too much IMO.

Id do KT and JYD and a top 5 pick. JYD is that defensive minded player they could use, but we can't give up 2 starters and a first rounder. Who plays center after that Vinny & Bruno? Thats a recipe for disaster. But I do think offensively it makes us better. But we need what Nazzy can bring to the table until we find a replacement. Also, we have sweets who should be starting next year or playing big minutes this year, I wouldn't want to get another guy to play in front of him when that position isn't going to be a major weakness for us.

I think C, SF, and backup PG are priorities. I also don't think a big man who is criticized for being weak and a poor defender should be our firt option. Having said that, if we did make one of the proposed trades and managed to sign an athletic big like Steven Hunter, that wouldn't be a bad lineup at all.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/7/2005  3:26 PM
no.. the only other pick we owe (traded from Pho to Utah) is a lottery protected pick to 2010. After this year we have 4 years to give them a #1, and if we are in the lottery every year (my god can you image) we dont have to pay it
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/7/2005  3:33 PM
how is utah unhappy with him? I have only seen bits of a few games- he seems to be playing well, his #'s are good.
TMS
USA
2/7/2005  3:41 PM
Wow thats alot for boozer. KT AND Nazy AND a top 5 restricted. Thats way too much IMO.

Id do KT and JYD and a top 5 pick.

just so i read that correctly, you're saying that you'd rather give up KT, JYD & #1 to #5 pick instead of KT, Nazr & a top 5 protected pick? or was that supposed to be "top 5 protected pick" in your offer?

personally, i don't think that's alot to give up for a 24 year old who's averaging 18 & 9 & shooting over 50% on the season...Sweetney can only hope to be the player Boozer is someday, if he can ever learn how to stay out of foul trouble & lose about 25 pounds that is...i'd rather have the proven commodity personally...

how about JYD, Sweetney & a top 5 protected pick for Boozer? i don't see the many teams out there being interested much in KT personally...he's been involved in every trade rumor for the past 3 years & he's still here.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/7/2005  3:44 PM
Posted by TMS:

personally, i don't think that's alot to give up for a 24 year old who's averaging 18 & 9 & shooting over 50% on the season...Sweetney can only hope to be the player Boozer is someday, if he can ever learn how to stay out of foul trouble & lose about 25 pounds that is...i'd rather have the proven commodity personally...

Then why would Utah give up on him?
crzymdups
USA
2/7/2005  3:55 PM
Posted by franco12:
Posted by TMS:

Because Sloan hates him and Utah is finally realizing that AK47 is an MVP candidate at the PF and gets beaten off the dribble too much at the SF (see Tim Thomas' pre-season game in the Garden amongst others).

Boozer can be had, though I'm SURE other teams can come up with a better offer.
¿ △ ?
TMS
USA
2/7/2005  4:02 PM
Posted by franco12:
Posted by TMS:

who knows? why would CHI give up on Artest & Brand? why would DAL give up on Jason Kidd? there can be a whole host of factors...it doesn't mean he's overrated or that he's not worth taking a chance on...he's already proven to be a hard working player (he worked up from being a 2nd round pick to a legitimate allstar calibre player), & he's having his best season as a pro at the age of 24...what's not to like? i think he can be a great addition to this team.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/7/2005  4:06 PM
has sloan singled out boozer? i haven't heard that. he may be referring to okur and his gaurds.

i think it's a nobrainer on our part but i think utah would be dumb to get rid of boozer b/c at this pace, sloan won't be around that much longer.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/7/2005  4:11 PM
I would do a KT/JYD/Sweetney for Boozer.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/7/2005  4:15 PM
screw boozer, he deceived the cavs and got a lot more cash than he was worth, and the jazz were suckered in.. let them live with that mistake..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/7/2005  4:19 PM
Id offer KT or Narz & Sweetney. Though I think its smart buisness to hold Sweetney for another yr. Isiah knows talent and really likes Sweetney. It could easly turn into a bad deal if Sweetney loses the weight next yr and puts up some #s. They get our pick and Narz or KT aswell. I would prefer a smaller deal for an unsure talent like Kwame.

2002 draft #1 we passed on Amare but even if you take that out of the equation. First off Dice value was very very low. And we traded 2 quality bigs for one in Camby # the #7 pick. Layden just wasn't a savy guy. #7 pick, KT & cap filler take it or leave it. If we didn't make the deal what are we left with?? Camby who is just as much an impact player as Dice when they are both healthy and a #7 lotto pick like Nene Hilario to go along with KT. Thats pretty damn good alternative. And last, after the deal was made he drafted Frank Williams over Boozer. Sorry to rant.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
crzymdups
USA
2/7/2005  4:20 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

has sloan singled out boozer? i haven't heard that. he may be referring to okur and his gaurds.

i think it's a nobrainer on our part but i think utah would be dumb to get rid of boozer b/c at this pace, sloan won't be around that much longer.

Jerry Sloan will never be fired. He is the Utah Jazz. He has the longest tenure of any coach in the league. They love him, and rightly so. He's a tremendous coach. He will never, in a million years be fired.
¿ △ ?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/7/2005  4:23 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:

Jerry Sloan will never be fired. He is the Utah Jazz. He has the longest tenure of any coach in the league. They love him, and rightly so. He's a tremendous coach. He will never, in a million years be fired.

not fired. he'd retire.
crzymdups
USA
2/7/2005  4:28 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

not fired. he'd retire.

oh. That's a different story entirely. With his wife passing away, I could see that. But he seems to be a basketball lifer. I'd be surprised, but its certainly more likely than him being fired. Sorry bout that.
¿ △ ?
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/7/2005  6:00 PM
KT and a top 10 protected #1 is fair, IMHO. I wouldn't trade Nazr or Sweetney for Boozer, period, so a pick won't change that.

Boozer has been a huge disappointment. He's putting up numbers, but the Jazz are losing at a horrific rate and Boozer and Okur have been awful on defense lately.
what about Boozer?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy