[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Draft lottery odds top 10 positions
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/7/2005  4:35 PM
its not about better options for Memphis... I'm sure they could find some talent wise. Its about $$$ for them.

Bonzi has a team option so he could be a FA at the end of this year.

Memphis has big money tied up in:
Gasol
Miller
Battier
Cardinal
Posey

Wright is still on the books for one more year after this. Watson is a FA. If they resign Stro they will be in the $70mm range and I'm pretty sure thats not an option for them. Paying $3mm for Nazr in exchange for a guy your losing anyway = sound option.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/7/2005  4:38 PM
Posted by fishmike:

its not about better options for Memphis... I'm sure they could find some talent wise. Its about $$$ for them.

Bonzi has a team option so he could be a FA at the end of this year.

Memphis has big money tied up in:
Gasol
Miller
Battier
Cardinal
Posey

Wright is still on the books for one more year after this. Watson is a FA. If they resign Stro they will be in the $70mm range and I'm pretty sure thats not an option for them. Paying $3mm for Nazr in exchange for a guy your losing anyway = sound option.

I hope they think its a sound option too. Then, I'd love to throw most of the MLE at Stephen Hunter and with he and Warrick, we really would be PHO East.
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/7/2005  4:40 PM
no, Boone isnt coming out for this draft and he's not a top 5 candidate this year.

As is, Bogut and Williams are both super-sized prospects that no one would trade 1-2.
If Gay does come out, from what I have been able to assimilate from watching the guys, and evaluating what other real evaluators have been saying

the top 5 will not have Chris Paul in it, but instead

1 Bogut
2 Williams
3 Taft
4 Gay
5 Greene

I think that it would be difficult fo the Knicks to bypass any of these players, but rather take the pick and add a Louis Williams with lets say we acquire pick 17 from trading Nazr and buy one more pick like the Trailblzers did later and walk away with Torin Francis

We come out of the draft with Rudy Gay Louis Williams and Torin Francis and we increase our team athletiscm by 100% and add a 6-11 255 pound under-rated PF who was hurt last year, but is a very good post up player who can play 1-2.

Thats where I would go with our offseason. I dont care if it takes time for Gay and Williams to develop, we still have a great deal of highly paid vets and ending contracts to help the *vet* part of the team. This is helping build a new young core.

Im not looking to tade the pick
RIP Crushalot😞
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/7/2005  4:47 PM
Channey Frye is a interesting player. He is big and has a very good muscular build. I wouldn't mind taking him with an early 2nd or buying a late first.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
crzymdups
USA
2/7/2005  5:10 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

no, Boone isnt coming out for this draft and he's not a top 5 candidate this year.

As is, Bogut and Williams are both super-sized prospects that no one would trade 1-2.
If Gay does come out, from what I have been able to assimilate from watching the guys, and evaluating what other real evaluators have been saying

1 Bogut
2 Williams
3 Taft
4 Gay
5 Greene

I think that it would be difficult fo the Knicks to bypass any of these players, but rather take the pick and add a Louis Williams with lets say we acquire pick 17 from trading Nazr and buy one more pick like the Trailblzers did later and walk away with Torin Francis

We come out of the draft with Rudy Gay Louis Williams and Torin Francis and we increase our team athletiscm by 100% and add a 6-11 255 pound under-rated PF who was hurt last year, but is a very good post up player who can play 1-2.

Thats where I would go with our offseason. I dont care if it takes time for Gay and Williams to develop, we still have a great deal of highly paid vets and ending contracts to help the *vet* part of the team. This is helping build a new young core.

Briggs, do you mean Sean Williams from Boston College? Otherwise, I have no idea who that is.

I like Francis, but is he coming out? He seems raw still and he's only a junior.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
2/7/2005  5:12 PM
I think it's nice to build through the draft, and I'm certainly not advocating trading for an old vet, but if you can trade for someone like Zach Randolph, SAR or Boozer on draft day, it might not be a horrible idea. Obviously, no one wants a redux of the Nene/Camby trade though.
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
2/7/2005  5:14 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by BRIGGS:

1 Bogut
2 Williams
3 Taft
4 Gay
5 Greene

Briggs, do you mean Sean Williams from Boston College? Otherwise, I have no idea who that is.

No, I mean either Marvin Williams[top 2 pick] from NC or Louis Williams from HS [pick 15-22]

Torin Francis is rugged and hes big enough to play C at 6-11 255. Frye would be OK, but he doesnt have the power or agility of Torin. If Torin didnt get hurt, he wouldve been a top 5 pick last year.

I like Francis, but is he coming out? He seems raw still and he's only a junior.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
2/7/2005  5:21 PM
i'll try to equate 18/Louis Williams =cross between Ben Gordon and Allen Iversen 6-2 170 combo G 44 inch vertical leap

19/Rudy Gay= A cross between Shawn Marion and Scottie Pippen 6-9 225 SF who will be able to play 4 in an up tempo system. 40 inch vertical and a 7-3 wingspan

21/Torin Francis--something along the lines of a slightly taller Antonio Davis 6-11 257 C/PF
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
USA
2/7/2005  5:30 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

i'll try to equate 18/Louis Williams =cross between Ben Gordon and Allen Iversen 6-2 170 combo G 44 inch vertical leap

19/Rudy Gay= A cross between Shawn Marion and Scottie Pippen 6-9 225 SF who will be able to play 4 in an up tempo system. 40 inch vertical and a 7-3 wingspan

21/Torin Francis--something along the lines of a slightly taller Antonio Davis 6-11 257 C/PF

Yeah, if Rudy Gay comes out, I'd put him up there with Hakim Warrick. I've never seen Louis Williams play. He sounds intriguing. Not totally sold on Francis yet, but he's a good player.
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
2/7/2005  5:40 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Yeah, if Rudy Gay comes out, I'd put him up there with Hakim Warrick. I've never seen Louis Williams play. He sounds intriguing. Not totally sold on Francis yet, but he's a good player.

It's just a model. But as far as Torin Francis goes, think about how valuable a guy like Antonio Davis was in his prime. this guy is actually bigger with better post moves--he plays on a guard orientated team and deosnt get a huge 3 of touches.

as far as vets, isiah said we have ending contracts the MLE etc... id rather go that route--keep building an underneath core and the vet team a bit seperate, as the younger players play the back up roles.

I think a main theme is getting superior athletes who can really get up and down the floor, who will evantually be terrors in passing lanes and 1-1 man defenders, getting real size underneath--acquiring talent and assimilating the parts together in a certain synergy of power athletsicm and speed combained.
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
USA
2/7/2005  8:59 PM
On this tip, in the Uconn/Syracuse game tonight, in the first half Warrick was the best player on the court, then he ran into foul problems and Uconn started packing the paint when McNamara couldn't hit an outside shot. In the second half, Villenueva took over for Uconn.

I wouldn't mind getting either guy. Warrick is a mix between Stromile/Shawn Marion. Charlie is a big scoring forward who knows how to use his body. Both quality players.
¿ △ ?
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/8/2005  12:34 AM
Villanuva got my interest as well. 6'11 very good help defender shot blocker. Very good rebounder. His turn around could be unstoppable becasue of his size. Off the pick and roll he could be deadly with Marbury. As he can put it on the floor. Make the extra pass. Hit the jumper. Take it to the basket for a dunk or layup. I wouldn't mind grabbing up an extra pick and snagging him with one. Ariza-Villanueva-Sweetney rotation at Forward. And he has came up big in down the stretch in 2 games that I know of this season.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
crzymdups
USA
2/8/2005  12:46 AM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

Villanuva got my interest as well. 6'11 very good help defender shot blocker. Very good rebounder. His turn around could be unstoppable becasue of his size. Off the pick and roll he could be deadly with Marbury. As he can put it on the floor. Make the extra pass. Hit the jumper. Take it to the basket for a dunk or layup. I wouldn't mind grabbing up an extra pick and snagging him with one. Ariza-Villanueva-Sweetney rotation at Forward. And he has came up big in down the stretch in 2 games that I know of this season.

....and, we could get him or Warrick in the mid first round, so we don't have to root to miss the playoffs (oh, what a win can do)....
¿ △ ?
Draft lottery odds top 10 positions

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy