[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

god, Berman is such a cry baby...
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/7/2005  1:52 PM
Yeah, these teams need to stay competitive. But we really really really need that franchise big man right now. I wanted so bad for us to do SOMETHING see if that top pick was available last Summer, b/c an Okafor would have been amazing for us. But we'll see if we have a shot at Bogut.

However, I have a feeling that this team is going to go on a run, b/c all the players are probably just about fed up with losing at this point which is good. I really don't see us getting that top pick, but we'll see.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/7/2005  2:25 PM
writers know it all! We know even more!

I think the "insult" was that NOW we are rebuilding, but 4 months ago the language was different!

Berman is a good writer, and he is just spicing the story! Insulting? Knicks have insulted us for 30 years!
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/7/2005  2:37 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by tkf:

I agree with fish, and I will say this not to disrespect anyone, because I respect all of you guys, but when I hear we traded guys like lampe, vujanic and the pick that turned out to be snyder and we traded away our future, that sounds like the most assinine thing I have heard in years,it is almost a very weak attempt to support an argument. What philly did in trading Hughes and Stackhouse was sacraficing the future for the "now", what boston did in trading Joe johnson was sacraficing the future for "now", you see to sacrafice you have to give up something of value. Do you actually call vujanic, lampe and snyder right now of any substantial value?

That argument has run its course IMO, marbury for us was the much greater talent and to get a player like that for what we gave up was a coup..

I understand that IT tried to win the division this year, but he also left him self with some young talent and room to shift gears as he is doing now.. ariza, sweets, crawford and marbury gives us talent, youth and trading chips that we never had before, for that I don't understand why Berman is crying so much as fish put it...

Im not killing him for the Marbury trade, although I will stay with my original thought that the trade brought us into a quagmire and so far it has proven true.

I would rather the team had Josh Smith and Al Jefferson than Marbury, but that doesnt matter now.

But its speculation to say we would've gotten both Al-Jeff and Smith. Where did the second pick come from?

If I could do anything in hindsight, it would've been to use Ward and Dyess and Kurt to get Sheed and maybe Terry from Atlanta rather than the Marbury trade. Sheed would've given a versatile big to build around and if you could've added Jamal and Ariza it would've been a very interesting team. But that's in the past.

And, yes, Berman is a bitter fool. These newspaper writers need to seperate what Zeke says to sell tickets and what Zeke is actually trying to do with the team. He can't come out and publish his actual plan in the Post, because it would never happen. There has to be some secrecy, no other team is going to help you win on purpose (not counting the occassional Atlanta fire sale).
¿ △ ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/7/2005  2:51 PM
good post.. and its pretty funny. Heck, even Briggs gets irritated because Isiah lied. Hello, this is a business, and to be fair to Isiah he did a good job selling the Knicks because they sold almost all their tickets this year.

whats insulting is newspaper reporters that think we are so stupid we cant make our own decisions. As if I'm only buying tickets because Isiah told me to do so. How assanine is that?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/7/2005  4:44 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Briggs... why does building the future require you spending ZERO additional money?
That's a great question that I've been dying to know the answer to. Are teams that spent more money (the Lakers are the first that come to mind) over the same time span Isiah was here also not rebuilding even if they're getting young talented players who can play a key part in their future? Are teams that have decreased their payroll and have no good young players rebuilding? Rebuilding is all about decreasing payroll now?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/7/2005  4:49 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

[If I could do anything in hindsight, it would've been to use Ward and Dyess and Kurt to get Sheed and maybe Terry from Atlanta rather than the Marbury trade.

i think we almost got sheed after the marbury deal but it fell through b/c ainge jumped in.
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
2/7/2005  6:44 PM
Nobody cares about the money.

BRIGGS is simply saying that if a team spends this much money, they are doing it to be good, not to rebuild. If that's hard to understand, then I don't know if futher argument is even possible.

IT just feeds you guys what you want to hear. We are playin OK, we are gonna win the division and go to the playoffs, and then who knows...

We suck, and now we are apparently rebuilding, give me a freakin break.

IT thinks NY fans are idiots who can't see right through him, and that is what is insulting.

Don't f@cking tell me this all part of some kind of master plan when clearly most of your moves have backfired and the team is a total disgrace.

A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
2/7/2005  8:15 PM
fishmike, i think Berman made excellent points in his article.

See you have some people in the world who just can't stand to be hoodwinked, makes them feel as if their intelligence is being insulted.

Actually, i think you should give credit to Berman for be brutally honest
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
god, Berman is such a cry baby...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy