[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

DISH CAMBY TO THE BULLS for their 1st round pick
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
3/13/2002  2:20 PM
http://dynamic.espn.go.com/espn/chat/chatESPN?event_id=1465

"Halle Miami: What does Chicago need to add to mix next year? Can they realistically add a Wells or Lewis or will the FA stay away again? Thanks DA

David Aldridge: They could use a veteran. To me, the biggest question is whether Jamal Crawford can play the point or not. If so, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Bulls trade the pick in a package for a veteran big man. I think the Bulls might have more success going after the second-tier free agents instead of the bigger ones. "

Camby for Bulls first rounder and ending contract, eg Fizer, Hoiberg.
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
3/13/2002  2:22 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

http://dynamic.espn.go.com/espn/chat/chatESPN?event_id=1465

"Halle Miami: What does Chicago need to add to mix next year? Can they realistically add a Wells or Lewis or will the FA stay away again? Thanks DA

David Aldridge: They could use a veteran. To me, the biggest question is whether Jamal Crawford can play the point or not. If so, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Bulls trade the pick in a package for a veteran big man. I think the Bulls might have more success going after the second-tier free agents instead of the bigger ones. "

Camby for Bulls first rounder and ending contract, eg Fizer, Hoiberg.
This way we can get 2 ballers from the lotto, a big man and a swing man, or maybe 2 big guys... REBUILD THE NYK's!

Plus, Indiana wants Mark Jax back... we give them M. Jax for their 1st rounder and someone marginal on their squad (with a short contract).
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/13/2002  2:24 PM
In total agreement with you. Teams like the Bulls and Clippers are not looking to add more young players in the draft, and they have some cap room. Send one of our veterans to them in exchange for a first round pick and start the rebuilding process. Really, what do those teams gain by adding another rookie? What chance do the Bulls have signing an allstar caliber player? Allan Houston and Kurt for a 1st rounder + cap fodder.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
3/13/2002  2:26 PM
Plus, Indiana wants Mark Jax back... we give them M. Jax for their 1st rounder and someone marginal on their squad (with a short contract).
Pacers would never do it. Maybe a second round pick, but not a first. And as far as camby going to the bulls, is there really any room for him there with chandler and curry. IF they want to get those guys minutes, camby would only hurt that. I;ve made the suggestion before and I had said maybe trade Spree to the bulls cause they are in need of a sg.
They have a point in crawford
sf rose
pf curry
c chandler
and there new sg could be spree
Just a suggestion, hopefully the Knicks could nab a first rounder and maybe Fizer and grabage????
what do u think???
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Caseloads
3/13/2002  2:40 PM
Posted by Starks3:
Pacers would never do it. Maybe a second round pick, but not a first. And as far as camby going to the bulls, is there really any room for him there with chandler and curry. IF they want to get those guys minutes, camby would only hurt that. I;ve made the suggestion before and I had said maybe trade Spree to the bulls cause they are in need of a sg.
They have a point in crawford
sf rose
pf curry
c chandler
and there new sg could be spree
Just a suggestion, hopefully the Knicks could nab a first rounder and maybe Fizer and grabage????
what do u think???
I suggested Spree to Orlandough for 3 picks (they have 7 1st rounders over the next 2 years). but a bulls lotto 1st rounder is worth more than 3 mid round picks. But Allan Houston to Bulls is good if we can package anderson with Houston. We get back picks - a lotto pick, a future 1st rounder, Fizer, and some SG they have on their squad (Hoiberg? Resigned Oakman?).
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/13/2002  2:53 PM
It would be tough to trade one of our big 3 for a pick because they each make so much money. I think if Chicago gets the first pick, they will just be content getting Jason Williams. If they can't land the first pick and get the second or third instead, we should look to make a move to get it. Trading Marcus Camby for that pick is a good idea, but i still don't see Chicago doing it. We would just draft Yao Ming with that pick anyway. Also remember that the Clippers will have two lottery picks this year because they receive one from Atlanta, considering it's not a top 3 choice. If they do get that pick and draft two rookies, they're almost going to be too stacked with young talent and depth. We should see if we can get their second pick which will be around #13 and trade one of our vets and a future pick for it. But i would prefer not trading one of the big three for it. I think our next best option is maybe sending Jackson and our second rounder or whatever else to Indiana for their mid-first rounder. We will have a lot of options with that pick and hopefully be able to sign someone like Jeff McInnis in the off-season.
Caseloads
3/13/2002  3:07 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

It would be tough to trade one of our big 3 for a pick because they each make so much money. I think if Chicago gets the first pick, they will just be content getting Jason Williams. If they can't land the first pick and get the second or third instead, we should look to make a move to get it. Trading Marcus Camby for that pick is a good idea, but i still don't see Chicago doing it. We would just draft Yao Ming with that pick anyway. Also remember that the Clippers will have two lottery picks this year because they receive one from Atlanta, considering it's not a top 3 choice. If they do get that pick and draft two rookies, they're almost going to be too stacked with young talent and depth. We should see if we can get their second pick which will be around #13 and trade one of our vets and a future pick for it. But i would prefer not trading one of the big three for it. I think our next best option is maybe sending Jackson and our second rounder or whatever else to Indiana for their mid-first rounder. We will have a lot of options with that pick and hopefully be able to sign someone like Jeff McInnis in the off-season.
The clippers aren't going to give us anything back for our talent, they don't want or need any old guys on their squad. I wish they did, but they don't need our guys. I mean, Quentin Richardson is better than Allan Houston ALREADY (and if you disagree with me, shut up and go watch some NBA games of the Clips - richardson is a young Ray Allen, but with attitude). The Clips could use Camby, he'd fit their team, but that's it.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/13/2002  3:21 PM
Maybe not Allan, possibly Spree....definatley Camby. I don't doubt the talent or Q. Richardson, but when it comes down to winning playoff games, well the young guys just don't know what it takes. Spree has been there, and could teach those guys the intensity it takes to win games on the road especially. That and Spree could lead.
Posted by Caseloads:

The clippers aren't going to give us anything back for our talent, they don't want or need any old guys on their squad. I wish they did, but they don't need our guys. I mean, Quentin Richardson is better than Allan Houston ALREADY (and if you disagree with me, shut up and go watch some NBA games of the Clips - richardson is a young Ray Allen, but with attitude). The Clips could use Camby, he'd fit their team, but that's it.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/13/2002  7:08 PM
Chandler wants to play small forward, I think that's what the Bulls plan is, then if they don't land number 1 and get Jason Williams, they'll take Gooden at 2 and have Crawford, Rose, Chandler, Gooden, and Curry. Clips want to get rid of Odom, he's a bad influence on their young guns with all the pot he's smoking, and if they lose the Kandi Man, they could sign Odom, trade him to the Knicks for Camby, get something out of him when you were going to get nothing becuase they're not going to resign him when the need to sign McInnis, Maggette, and Richardson first. That's a good plan right there. Clips might only have one lotto pick becuase they're in playoff contention. Other then Camby, only Harrington and Thomas have contracts that the cheapskate Clips would take, so is Camby and Harrington and a 2nd rounder for Odom and their lotto pick a good move and is it realistic? I have no idea, I'm dillusional.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
3/14/2002  12:27 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Chandler wants to play small forward, I think that's what the Bulls plan is, then if they don't land number 1 and get Jason Williams, they'll take Gooden at 2 and have Crawford, Rose, Chandler, Gooden, and Curry. Clips want to get rid of Odom, he's a bad influence on their young guns with all the pot he's smoking, and if they lose the Kandi Man, they could sign Odom, trade him to the Knicks for Camby, get something out of him when you were going to get nothing becuase they're not going to resign him when the need to sign McInnis, Maggette, and Richardson first. That's a good plan right there. Clips might only have one lotto pick becuase they're in playoff contention. Other then Camby, only Harrington and Thomas have contracts that the cheapskate Clips would take, so is Camby and Harrington and a 2nd rounder for Odom and their lotto pick a good move and is it realistic? I have no idea, I'm dillusional.
CAMBY and Spree for Olowokandi (resigned) and Odom.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
3/14/2002  11:23 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by BigSm00th:

CAMBY and Spree for Olowokandi (resigned) and Odom.

Clips don't need Spree, they are stacked at the 2 & 3...
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/14/2002  11:29 PM
Yeah, and Sterling doesn't want the big, inflated contracts. I do think that a Camby for Odom swap is possible since both have their problems and each team could benefit. I really hope Dolan throws a ton of money at West so he comes here as GM, Layden is lost.
#Knickstaps
DISH CAMBY TO THE BULLS for their 1st round pick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy