[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Andrew Bogut
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/5/2005  3:21 AM
if this isn't the guy we need, i don't know who is. Before you write him off as a bust watch him play. You can't teach the things this guy does. Reminds me of Duncan because he's so fundamentely sound and aggresive. If we're thinking about winning championships we need a franchise center not a PF. Too many teams have good PFs but have nothing to show for it. The Suns won't win this year. The Heat or the Spurs will...........

Skill wise, Bogut is one of the most fundamentally sound players you’ll find in all of college basketball. He possesses extremely solid footwork in the post, on both offense and defense. He is smart, strong, aggressive and not soft in the least bit when he’s posting up his man in the paint. His gigantic hands and excellent wingspan make him a constant threat to receive the ball at almost any moment. His teammates can just throw the ball in his general direction, and Bogut will go get it. If you double him, he’ll use his outstanding court vision and passing ability to find the open man on the wing and pick apart the defense. Foul him and he’ll go right to the line and nail his free throws (shooting 74% from the line so far this year). He’s got a terrific touch around the basket and an assortment of post moves he can use, including a very nice half hook shot. Thanks to his strength, magnet-like hands, wingspan and especially his mind, he’s now considered one of the best rebounders in the NCAA. In fact, his hands are so big and soft that he can palm the ball in mid-air and pass it to his teammate, all in one fluid motion.

Lastly, Bogut has a great demeanor and personality both on and off the floor. By all accounts, he is an extremely hard worker, and is always looking for ways to improve his game. He appears to be only scratching the surface on his potential at the moment.

December 2003: Despite being only 19 years old, Andrew Bogut is already looked at right now as the best player to ever come out of Australia

http://www.draftcity.com/mock.php?y=2005

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/05/2005 03:30:19]
AUTOADVERT
SKY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #687
USA
2/5/2005  4:13 AM
my dream for next 10 yrs....

And here's tonight's starting lineup for the NY Knicks...

At Center, standing at 7 foot zero, from University of Utah...

"The Awesome Aussie", "A ripper from down-under"...

ANDREW BOGUuuuuuuuuT!!!!!!

--------------------------------
http://utahutes.collegesports.com/andrewbogut/

Check out the video on the bottom of the page, if you haven't seen it
JayNYC
Member: #682
USA
2/5/2005  5:07 AM
DRAFT CHRIS TAFT

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/christaft.asp

Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
2/5/2005  5:41 AM
It isn't that I think he is going to a bust. I think he will be a good player, but I don't think we can say he is going to be like Duncan yet. The Knicks do need a center and it would be a great place to start, but we have more deficiencies. I like Kurt Thomas personally because he rebounds and is a solid defender - more than i can say for almost every other Knick. But we need to teach Jamal better shot selection, Marbury how to lift a team, and find a good athletic 3 that can DEFEND and complement the team. I think we are OK at the 4 for now, with KT and sweetney and JYD. Bogut at the 5 would be nice because it would be a good defender and a good low post presence but I am getting tired of people thinking this guy is single-handedly going to save the Knicks. The way that we are playing, we need a lot of help, more than any one guy can provide (except maybe LeBron).
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/5/2005  6:32 AM
Posted by nyballer:

It isn't that I think he is going to a bust. I think he will be a good player, but I don't think we can say he is going to be like Duncan yet. The Knicks do need a center and it would be a great place to start, but we have more deficiencies. I like Kurt Thomas personally because he rebounds and is a solid defender - more than i can say for almost every other Knick. But we need to teach Jamal better shot selection, Marbury how to lift a team, and find a good athletic 3 that can DEFEND and complement the team. I think we are OK at the 4 for now, with KT and sweetney and JYD. Bogut at the 5 would be nice because it would be a good defender and a good low post presence but I am getting tired of people thinking this guy is single-handedly going to save the Knicks. The way that we are playing, we need a lot of help, more than any one guy can provide (except maybe LeBron).

thats why we must trade Stephpn. Kurt and Nazr for a lot of help
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/5/2005  1:28 PM
My draft board right now is:

1) Josh Boone, though he's 50/50 on coming out. This kid is a cross between Okafor and Wilcox. Fundamentally sound, explosive, great shotblocker, gets steals and rebounds. No 1 in the Big East in fg%, rebs and shot blocks.

2) Bogut. Reminds me of Brad Miller NOW, much more refined that a young Brad Miller was. Not a great shot blocker, but can fill the lane. Right now, we don't even have a pressence in the lane.

3) Taft. Taft reminds me very much of Wilcox. I expect him to have a huge tournament and move up people's boards again. Not sure he loves to play as much as Bogut and Boone do.
¿ △ ?
Andrew Bogut

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy