[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We're 7th!
Author Thread
SKY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #687
USA
2/5/2005  1:29 AM
I'm happy that Boston, Philly, and Toronto all won their games, but most of all, I'm very pleased that Milwaukee won and the Knicks LOST to a team that lacked 3 starters! YEEES!

This team is now ranked 7th from the bottom. I'm hoping that both Milwaukee & Utah starts to improve their records so that we could grab the 5th spot. It's going to be tough to have worse records than GS, Charlotte, Atlanta (all going 2-8 in the last 10) and New Orleans, but judging from the result of today's game (and their recent excellent form), I'm quite hopeful that this team won't disappoint me.

GO KNICKS!and please get us the #1 lottery pick!
AUTOADVERT
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
2/5/2005  1:41 AM
Notes

Dolan watched the game from a courtside seat, and he slumped with his head on his hand when Barnes made his go-ahead free throw.

CLASSIC!!

#1 PICK HERE WE COME!

[Edited by - longislandknicksfan on 02/05/2005 01:41:34]
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/5/2005  1:45 AM
I just hope that Dolan doesn't pressure Isiah to make a short-sighted trade to in a futile attempt to make the playoffs.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/5/2005  2:10 AM
don't worry we're a lock for the 5th spot atleast giving us a great shot at the #1 pick and Bogut!
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
2/5/2005  2:15 AM
Everyone on this board is seriously overrating Bogut, I've seen him play and I know he has size but he isn't the next Ewing...he's not going to make us much better. We should try to make some good moves and get a few good picks. I like Bogut but I'd rather trade down for two picks and try to get Hakim Warrick and maybe Rashad mccants or try to hope for Marvin Williams.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/5/2005  2:41 AM
Posted by nyballer:

Everyone on this board is seriously overrating Bogut, I've seen him play and I know he has size but he isn't the next Ewing...he's not going to make us much better. We should try to make some good moves and get a few good picks. I like Bogut but I'd rather trade down for two picks and try to get Hakim Warrick and maybe Rashad mccants or try to hope for Marvin Williams.

none of those guys are as close to being a franchise player as Bogut is except Marvin and he's a SF, not an immediate need. Taft, Splitter and Vazquez are nice but they're PFs not centers. Plus Taft has yet to show that he can put up big numbers. He night be one of those players who have the tools but can't produce. I would take either one of those guys but only if Bogut. The legit top center in the draft is gone. A really good one but if we're gonna win we need a Franchise center. Look how many teams have really good PFs like the Suns with Amare. But are they going to realistically beat Shaq and Duncan?

From what I've seen from Bogut..he has a different style than Ewing. He's plays with a lot more energy. Ewing was never that energetic but he had the Sweet touch that is Bogut's only weakness. But even Ewing couldn't shoot in College. This guy Bogut is tough! watching him completely swat 5 shots on pure effort and dunk all over the opposing center and hearing the anouncers saying that he will be a franchise center and its a shame that half the country doesn't get a chance to see him play really showed me a lot.

I just hope Isiah becomes aware of him. His comment about there not being a phenom this year was really uninformed. Lebrons and Duncans come few and far between. Again we need a Center not a PF. Too many good power forwards in this league with no ring to show.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/05/2005 03:11:18]

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/05/2005 03:30:55]
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
2/5/2005  3:01 AM
I look forward to each game with a smile...I **** you not guys...I am so happy when they lose. I don't want to hear the usual "There's no one big in the draft"...That's bull. Isiah needs to get some high picks also. The Knicks need to get somewhat younger, and I think the draft can help them. A longer losing streak, and Isiah will understand to tank the season.... I love how James Dolan is seeing his empire crumble, haha. Knick fans the better days are in the future....Two-three years from now.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
2/5/2005  5:33 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by nyballer:

none of those guys are as close to being a franchise player as Bogut is except Marvin and he's a SF, not an immediate need. Taft, Splitter and Vazquez are nice but they're PFs not centers. Plus Taft has yet to show that he can put up big numbers. He night be one of those players who have the tools but can't produce. I would take either one of those guys but only if Bogut. The legit top center in the draft is gone. A really good one but if we're gonna win we need a Franchise center. Look how many teams have really good PFs like the Suns with Amare. But are they going to realistically beat Shaq and Duncan?

From what I've seen from Bogut..he has a different style than Ewing. He's plays with a lot more energy. Ewing was never that energetic but he had the Sweet touch that is Bogut's only weakness. But even Ewing couldn't shoot in College. This guy Bogut is tough! watching him completely swat 5 shots on pure effort and dunk all over the opposing center and hearing the anouncers saying that he will be a franchise center and its a shame that half the country doesn't get a chance to see him play really showed me a lot.

I just hope Isiah becomes aware of him. His comment about there not being a phenom this year was really uninformed. Lebrons and Duncans come few and far between. Again we need a Center not a PF. Too many good power forwards in this league with no ring to show.

I agree, and I think Bogut is going to be a good a player. The thing is, I feel like people assume that if we draft Bogut we will all of a sudden be contenders and I don't think that's the case. The reason I mentioned guys like Marvin are because we have two expiring contracts at the 3 next year and Marvin can take over with Ariza as his backup and we can try to get some talented bigs through trades. If we can upgrade our roster otherwise I would love to get Bogut. I want a team based on defense, and I know Bogut is a good defender; If we can fill our needs at the 3 then I am all for Bogut. I just don't want people to think that Bogut is the next Duncan like I have heard people imply.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/5/2005  8:38 AM
Posted by nyballer:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by nyballer:

I agree, and I think Bogut is going to be a good a player. The thing is, I feel like people assume that if we draft Bogut we will all of a sudden be contenders and I don't think that's the case. The reason I mentioned guys like Marvin are because we have two expiring contracts at the 3 next year and Marvin can take over with Ariza as his backup and we can try to get some talented bigs through trades. If we can upgrade our roster otherwise I would love to get Bogut. I want a team based on defense, and I know Bogut is a good defender; If we can fill our needs at the 3 then I am all for Bogut. I just don't want people to think that Bogut is the next Duncan like I have heard people imply.
if bogut was black, they'd be saying he was the next duncan
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/5/2005  11:22 AM
its hard to get talented bigs in trades.

And, while this team is stinking right now, its largely injuries and uncertainity that is hurting- this team has some talent and I thought in some of our better games this year that we were one really talented big away from being able to compete with the elite teams.

David Stern, please use the freezer again!
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/5/2005  12:23 PM
In all honesty, I'm starting to get excited. It's a weird kind of excitement and it's weird to root for your team to lose, but... in the position we're in, this is the best we can hope for. Continue to sink, let the other poor teams slowly pass us, get a high pick and shoot for the stars.

If we get a star frontcourt player in the draft, this team is back to making the playoffs every year two seasons from now.
We're 7th!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy