[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Sacr game has convinced me. Nothing has changed over the last 3 years
Author Thread
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
2/5/2005  10:21 AM
Listen I could not care less about anybody's numbers.

The only important stat is WINS. As far as I'm concerned Marbury is a looser with a capital L.

I would not change my mind if he averaged 30 and 12. If our record wast the same, he would still be a looser.

A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
AUTOADVERT
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
2/5/2005  10:40 AM
This was a good game with a horrible ending. Marbury played wonderful. TT. Played wonderful. K.T wonderful. Mohammed stupid defensively, but wonderful offensively. Penny played a stupid game and i'm glad he messed up[ on 3 back to back possessions like that so he can take a long seat back and realize that he's gonna have to bust his ass out there and he needs to work hard and do alot better. The Knicks have changed drastically within these two games and it was noticable. Sweetney needs to take a good look at himself. He played like a bum and it was sickening. He doesn't look to be in shape and he's reminding me too much of Othella Harrington. If Penny wasn't in the 4th, Knicks win. Herb is a good coach. He's a lil' tougher than Wilkens and the Knicks are playing a lil' tougher. This only proves that with an in your face coach... the Knicks might turn it around. But i rather them not make the playoffs at all.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/5/2005  10:53 AM
Posted by Bizzy211:

If Penny wasn't in the 4th, Knicks win.
I am not so sure about that. We had an 11 point lead with 4 minutes left. We missed 10 FTs in the 4th. I dont think we can blame the loss completely on anyone. Fact remains though, NOTHING has changed. Better players but its still the same old knicks. That loss is really tough to swallow. I cannot believe Bibby scoring 6 points in the last 4 minutes in the 4th and Marbury scoring none. From here on atleast, I want Marbury taking the last shots. Not Penny, Marbury.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/5/2005  12:09 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Bizzy211:

If Penny wasn't in the 4th, Knicks win.
I am not so sure about that. We had an 11 point lead with 4 minutes left. We missed 10 FTs in the 4th. I dont think we can blame the loss completely on anyone. Fact remains though, NOTHING has changed. Better players but its still the same old knicks. That loss is really tough to swallow. I cannot believe Bibby scoring 6 points in the last 4 minutes in the 4th and Marbury scoring none. From here on atleast, I want Marbury taking the last shots. Not Penny, Marbury.

he should've taken the last shot since he was the hot hand all game long. On nights where he's off he shouldn't because when he's off HE'S OFF! He's very streaky. Thats when Jamal should take the last shot because he can be off all game but still make the last shot. Not Penny, not Kurt, Not TT, Not Nazr. A true leader doesn't allow guys like that to take the last shot. Everyone of those guys bricked a last second shot because Marbury is too afraid to take the last shot.

I agree that with another good player all these close games would be wins but the problem is Marbury makes too much money so we'll never get a good player tom play with him. Not for 3 years at least. So unfortunately he is our franchise player and we will never see a championship but Dolan's pockets will be full. We have to trade Marbury. Getting traded out of NY is gonna kill him but I've put up with mediocrity for too long.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/5/2005  12:26 PM
With each loss the future looks brighter and brighter. Any win right now almost puts the Knicks in a worse position. I know there are a lot of fans that want wins but these wins are meaningless because they don't inspire the ultimate goal which is a championship. I suggest to the fans root for the KNicks and the players to perform well but hold back on the victories. I liked last nights loss it lets me know the kNicks can hang with the Kings. A top draft pick put them over the Kings.

I am in favor of tanking the season. This is how you get to the championship goal with strategic planning and believe it or not losing is a sound strategy in the NBA. You must lose to win. This season is going to be looked back as the season that leads the Knicks to future win.
gunsnewing
USA
2/5/2005  12:39 PM
Posted by Vmart:

With each loss the future looks brighter and brighter. Any win right now almost puts the Knicks in a worse position. I know there are a lot of fans that want wins but these wins are meaningless because they don't inspire the ultimate goal which is a championship. I suggest to the fans root for the KNicks and the players to perform well but hold back on the victories. I liked last nights loss it lets me know the kNicks can hang with the Kings. A top draft pick put them over the Kings.

I am in favor of tanking the season. This is how you get to the championship goal with strategic planning and believe it or not losing is a sound strategy in the NBA. You must lose to win. This season is going to be looked back as the season that leads the Knicks to future win.

yeah my sentiments exactly just dont get blown out every night but I would still like to see Marbury make ONE smart decision this year late in a game so that I comfortable with him as our future PG.

The difference between this team and the Layden teams is that we have a lot of reasons to watch eventhough we expect them to lose. I'm excited every game day at the thought of seeing Ariza,sweetney and crawford play and grow. There's really no point in watching when the team consists of kurt thomas, spoon, eisely, and shandon.

DON'T SET YOURSELVES UP FOR DISAPPOINTMENT...LOOK AT THE WHOLE PICTURE FELLOW KNICKS FANS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT!
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/5/2005  12:50 PM
My only problem is that I thinking losing with Kurt is doing nothing for the NYK future. I think Sweetney needs to start not so much for this year but for next year. The more experience he gets the better he will be next year. He needs to have the team commitment to him. And in return he will be commited to the team and get in shape in the off season as well. I also understand that if Sweetney starts now the kNicks might actually win some games and that right now to me is a no no.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
2/5/2005  1:06 PM
here we go again, another loss blame on Steph. Do you even know what the boy went through to play last night while injured? He has a very bad knee, but unlike other players, he has never complained. Where was Crawf, Kurt, and others whom were given a chance to perform...When I look at the stat sheets, those two were very unproductive....If Marb was to take that shot and miss, you will all be on this board calling him selfish. We were ahead by 11 in the fourth, and there five guys from the Knicks on the court, the team lost the game. The team lost the freaking game, not Marburry....
The true Knickabocker..........
gunsnewing
USA
2/5/2005  1:15 PM
Posted by diderotn:

here we go again, another loss blame on Steph. Do you even know what the boy went through to play last night while injured? He has a very bad knee, but unlike other players, he has never complained. Where was Crawf, Kurt, and others whom were given a chance to perform...When I look at the stat sheets, those two were very unproductive....If Marb was to take that shot and miss, you will all be on this board calling him selfish. We were ahead by 11 in the fourth, and there five guys from the Knicks on the court, the team lost the game. The team lost the freaking game, not Marburry....

no because many of us have given him ample opportunity to show us that he can lead this team and he hasnt. He's scared. Now if he stops playing scared and we get another good player which I don't see happening unless he comes with serious baggage since we already have Steph, Crawford and houston making a ton of money. It not fair to callhim a loser but its also not fair to us that he will kill our cap sitiuation for a long time. Ask Phoenix...

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/05/2005 16:36:31]
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/5/2005  4:28 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

very true crzymdups. Marbury did play well till the last 4 mins but I still lost a lotta respect for him. Its like he didnt want to take the last shot. He made a half hearted attempt for a better look and passed it up both times to Penny. And your right, Penny blew the game for us not Marbury, I just wish it is him taking those last second shots. I'd rather him drive on double teams than Penny.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 02/05/2005 01:04:04]

i completely agree w/Silveruel...Marbury had a tremendous game, but you want your best player who'd been unstoppable all game long taking the final shot...he was beating double teams all game long...why he chose to pass up the ball to Penny in the final possession is a mystery to me, especially after Penny had missed on the prior wide open 3 point attempt.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
The Sacr game has convinced me. Nothing has changed over the last 3 years

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy