[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This should be our plan of action!!!
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/12/2002  10:41 PM
People say the knicks can't be fixed no time soon..but I say Wrong!!
Here's how:
1) Knicks will have to package one of their big 3 and a garbage contract for a average player and a 1st round pick.
2) trade another one of our garbage contracts to a team that needs a ward, or eisley and get a player in return with a shorter contract and a 2nd round pick...

That would give the knicks 4 good draft picks in a deep draft...
Now I am all for drafting a player who has tremendous upside a guy who can be a Mcgrady or Garnett in 3 years...I am talking about a guy named Amare Stoudamire...

Then with our other #1 pick take a guy like, Qyntel Woods( if available..I doubt it) or a rod Grizzard or even Chris Marcus...then in the second round use the 2 picks to get a nice Pg like Dickau, Dixon or even grab a Tayshawn Prince..

This can be done and will give the knicks great athleticsm, youth and fill positions that need talent....put them on the floor with either spree/Houston, camby,Kt and we are back in business....

Lets Hope!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
ScooterSLP
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #198
USA
3/12/2002  11:49 PM
It's a good plan in theory, but trading those garbage contracts over the offseason is going to be very painful. For instance, Shandon Anderson makes the same amount of cash this season as Jerry Stackhouse, while producing much less. Unless Layden & co. get really creative, it looks like we're stuck with these guys for a while.

Even worse, the big 3's trade values are all going down. No team wants their salaries and a garbage contract, especially if giving up a first rounder is the price.
tkf
3/13/2002  12:22 AM
Actually that is not all true. Take ward or Jax for example, even knight after next season they come off the books so a team who may want a spree or camby would be willing to part with a late 1st rounder a player with a smaller contract for spree and maybe Knight who comes off the books after next season... Of course the player we get back will be no way near the player spree is but remember we want picks and to get rid of junk like Knight and ward....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/13/2002  9:14 AM
I don't think trading one of our big three for a role player and a pick is a good idea because we don't need more depth. All we need at this point is more young talent and more talent in our starting line-up.

We draft Drew Gooden with our first pick and that suddenly gives us a future star at power forward who will still be able to make an impact right away. Hopefully he will put up numbers similar to what KT is putting up now minus the fouls.

With our second round pick we try to take a chance on a center and hopefully get one of this year's sleepers. Dan Gadzuric and Jason Jennings are the two i have in mind if they fall to the early second round.

In the summer we sign and/or sign-and-trade for a good point guard and/or back-up center. For point guard i'm thinking Jeff McInnis would be a nice addition and Keon Clark or Micheal Olowankandi would work at center. We could even go after one of the second caliber centers which include Micheal Doleac, ZhiZhi Wang, Zeljko Rebraka, Jelani McCoy, Radoslav Nesterovic, and Jerome James. Any of them could make a strong contribution off the bench.

We would be left with a roster that looks similar to this.

C Marcus Camby, (free agent ie: Nesterovic), (second rounder ie: Jennings), Travis Knight(IR)
PF Drew Gooden, Kurt Thomas(6th man), Weatherspoon.(Harrington could be gone)
SF Latrell Sprewell, Shandon Anderson.
SG Allan Houston, Lavor Postell.
PG Jackson or McInnis, Eisley, Ward?(could be gone.)
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/13/2002  12:11 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

I don't think trading one of our big three for a role player and a pick is a good idea because we don't need more depth. All we need at this point is more young talent and more talent in our starting line-up.

We draft Drew Gooden with our first pick and that suddenly gives us a future star at power forward who will still be able to make an impact right away. Hopefully he will put up numbers similar to what KT is putting up now minus the fouls.

With our second round pick we try to take a chance on a center and hopefully get one of this year's sleepers. Dan Gadzuric and Jason Jennings are the two i have in mind if they fall to the early second round.

In the summer we sign and/or sign-and-trade for a good point guard and/or back-up center. For point guard i'm thinking Jeff McInnis would be a nice addition and Keon Clark or Micheal Olowankandi would work at center. We could even go after one of the second caliber centers which include Micheal Doleac, ZhiZhi Wang, Zeljko Rebraka, Jelani McCoy, Radoslav Nesterovic, and Jerome James. Any of them could make a strong contribution off the bench.

We would be left with a roster that looks similar to this.

C Marcus Camby, (free agent ie: Nesterovic), (second rounder ie: Jennings), Travis Knight(IR)
PF Drew Gooden, Kurt Thomas(6th man), Weatherspoon.(Harrington could be gone)
SF Latrell Sprewell, Shandon Anderson.
SG Allan Houston, Lavor Postell.
PG Jackson or McInnis, Eisley, Ward?(could be gone.)
will NEVER happen, PERIOD. keep dreamin'
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/13/2002  6:56 PM
Time for a big ol' rant. First off, Rod Grizzard has done nothing this entire season. I constantly see box scores of him going for 1 for 9 and scoring 6 points, I think he'll be a big bust. Dan Dickau was on the First Team All-American, if you think he's going to drop to the second round you are out of your mind. I personally think Woods will go to Memphis but he might not, I would like to see them pick either Marcus, Stoudemire, or Sam Clancy. If LAC loses Olowokandi they would want Camby, we could trade Camby for Odom, in a sign-and-trade. That is the only real possibility I see since nobody wants Houston and Spree could be traded but I doubt it, so a team needing a big man like LAC if they lose the Kandi Man could happen. And the Clips have 2 picks in the first round so maybe we could work something out and get another pick.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
3/13/2002  7:06 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Time for a big ol' rant. First off, Rod Grizzard has done nothing this entire season. I constantly see box scores of him going for 1 for 9 and scoring 6 points, I think he'll be a big bust. Dan Dickau was on the First Team All-American, if you think he's going to drop to the second round you are out of your mind. I personally think Woods will go to Memphis but he might not, I would like to see them pick either Marcus, Stoudemire, or Sam Clancy. If LAC loses Olowokandi they would want Camby, we could trade Camby for Odom, in a sign-and-trade. That is the only real possibility I see since nobody wants Houston and Spree could be traded but I doubt it, so a team needing a big man like LAC if they lose the Kandi Man could happen. And the Clips have 2 picks in the first round so maybe we could work something out and get another pick.
Money talks, Qyntel might go to memphis under calipari, but then again, he might take off for the NBA. I was just daydreaming today though. Imagine if Qyntel goes to Memphis and teams with Juanny.

Then if Coach Cal can recruit LeBron James to play in Memph-land for one season with the allure of going #1 guaranteed and playing with Qyntel and Juanny, just imagine that. The GREATEST college ball team, ever. They'd be undefeated.

James at PG (Plays the Big PG like Magic)
Juanny at SG (Juanny has to play the allen ivy SG, b/c he won't pass)
Qyntel at the SF (Think McGrady playing the SF)
Talent at the 4 & 5.

Best team ever? Maybe.
tkf
3/13/2002  11:04 PM
Big O first of all Dickau will most likely slip to the 2nd round. Go to nbadraft.net and see the talent going ahead of him, it makes since.. next what do we need with another undersized PF in clancy, I do like Amare stoudamire I think he has the most upside than anyone in the draft. and as far as Grizzard goes, I live here in Atlanta and spend a lot of time in Alabama, I don't know what games you are watching but Grizzard is for real. He posted 30+ a few games ago. he is 6-8 can handle like a PG, athletic and has a 7 foot wing span..Wake up bro, we are looking for potential stars, grizzard is raw and talented...

Knikix the reason why I proposed trading one of our big 3 is because we need to get rid of some long term garbage contracts and the way to do that is to take back some larger shorter terem deals and include a solid player like one of our big 3... No one wants eisley, ward or Knight alone, we have to give to get and in the process we get picks. We need to seriously change this team and it starts withe good draft picks and as many as you can get.... Heck we do need depth, we need that, size and just plain old talent. Guys who can rebound, dribble, pass, do a simple give and go without fumbling the ball off their feet, we need more talent!!!!
BigSm00th
USA
3/13/2002  11:23 PM
Grizzard has posted some nice games, I would take Kareem Rush over him. Here are some of the games I was talking about with him not producing:
Against Jacksonville St. (12/14) - 8 points
Against Temple (12/18) - 5 points
Against Auburn (1/12) and Against Auburn (2/27) - 7 points and 4 points
Against Arkansas (2/20) - 6 points and 0 for 9 shooting.

He has had some good games but I just remembered those games. And I, personally, think Dickau is better then Steve Logan, Smush Parker, and on par with Frank Williams. Pure point guard, Dickau is the best. He is a good passer and good perimeter shooter and I really don't think he'll make the second round. It's tough to project the draft this far away though because nobody is sure of who will declare. And, you are right, Clancy is only 6 7, we don't need him, he does have a decent inside game though.
#Knickstaps
BigSm00th
USA
3/13/2002  11:25 PM
And the Clips have the Hawks first rounder, but it is protected from the top 3 so hopefully the Hawks will draw 4 that way if the Knicks could make a trade w/ LAC, they'd have a high pick.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
3/14/2002  12:43 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

And the Clips have the Hawks first rounder, but it is protected from the top 3 so hopefully the Hawks will draw 4 that way if the Knicks could make a trade w/ LAC, they'd have a high pick.
let the clips take young talent in the draft, we should grab Odom and Olowokandi for Camby and Spree.

or we can send just Camby out for a pick + Clippers' junk...
tkf
3/14/2002  2:06 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

If there is anything the clippers like its good players making little money( like elton Brand) and draft picks.. I doubt they would trade that pick.... Nice idea though because with our 2 picks, Odom and Kandi the knicks will be on the road to contention in the East...

[Edited by - tkf on 03/14/2002 02:08:03]
Caseloads
3/14/2002  10:23 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BigSm00th:

If there is anything the clippers like its good players making little money( like elton Brand) and draft picks.. I doubt they would trade that pick.... Nice idea though because with our 2 picks, Odom and Kandi the knicks will be on the road to contention in the East...

Kandi would be the best center in the East. Have you seen this guy play recently? Ewing-esque range out to 17 feet and Sweet Dream's shakes, and blocks like Mutombo.

Watch Kandi play sometimes, it's so solid, it's sick.
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
3/14/2002  4:55 PM
kandi is a free agent after the season.
why dont we just sighn him outright????
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
3/14/2002  5:29 PM
well the Knicks are slightly over the cap (40 mil) and you can sign a free agent to the higher amounts re: what you're under the cap.
Only Detroit (.5 mil) and the clips themselves (6.4 mil) will be under the 42 mil cap next season. So it has to be a sign and trade or the midlevel exception which is 4.5 mil something. He'll surely not go for that.
tkf
3/14/2002  10:36 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BigSm00th:

Kandi would be the best center in the East. Have you seen this guy play recently? Ewing-esque range out to 17 feet and Sweet Dream's shakes, and blocks like Mutombo.

Watch Kandi play sometimes, it's so solid, it's sick.

I have the directv NBA package and I watch most of the clippers games. Kandi has gotten much better but his game still needs a lot of work..He is OK...
This should be our plan of action!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy