Author Thread
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/9/2005  6:37 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by fishmike:

why doesnt Marbury deserve heat for being a part of the late game collapses? You want to use a baseball analogy? Give me a break.. Just because Marbury plays well for 3 quarters its ok to totally melt down in crunch time? Was Marbury guarding Bibby when he hit the 3? I'm sorry but you need the leader of your team and your best player to stabilize those late game situations. Play good D, hit a big bucket, make good decisions.. that sort of thing.

Was there something about MArbs D that was lacking on that shot by Bibby?
He played great D on that shot. But I agree it aint cool to just melt in the 4th, but I think hes clear right now.
What he is saying is Marbury was guarding Bibby hard but Bibby still took the shot but when it came turn for Marbury to take a shot in the clutch, he passed it twice to Penny. Since he is the best player and the leader, he shouldnt pass up the last shots because we have the best opportunity to win if he takes them.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/9/2005  9:46 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Nalod:

Marbs needs to have his fun now, cuz when big chief triange blows into town, marbs gonna get religion!

He gonna hear "mike did this, mike did that" from both phil and Isiah!

I got phils book to bone up on the dudes thinking.

Im getting ready, phil and the ghost or Red Holzman gonna fix Marbs up good.

Nalod, seriously does Phil install the triangle here? Does Marbs take the MJ/Kobe role? It's almost too much to even fathom. And maybe more importantly, can Zeke stand for one second to hear good things said about his old nemesis MJ?? Plus just imagine for a second the books he's gonna assign to our Knicks (All right, one is easy - Sweets gets Atkins).

I am still working on it, and still have not quite figured out all the Triangle details. MJ was not complete until he trusted Pip. Really, no Pip and MJ is just another great player! Who would think a core of two with very very good support could do what they did?

If Kobe was not such a prick, the lakes would 5-pete! The triange is versitle. It worked with 2 wings as the core best players, and with a wing and a Shaq! Marbs will only be as good as the support he gets, thats true under any circumstances! I guess what we don't see is what Isiah can turn over and draft with the roster, and how much can Reezy develope into? All we know, Reezy may be the key, and Phil might think how wonderful to get a smart humble kid and mold him early? Can he break in Marbs to a lessor role to acomplish a greater task? Draft a center and we might have an early core. This is what is so appealing about bringing in phil! Not his reputation, but how can they build it from the ground up and install the system! I think Jamal could have a big problem adjusting, but he might excell in the end! Marbs could not stand up to Phil, no way he sulks! Phil would give him the zen. If not, Marbs goes. That simple!

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/9/2005  9:52 AM
Posted by Nalod:

I am still working on it, and still have not quite figured out all the Triangle details. MJ was not complete until he trusted Pip. Really, no Pip and MJ is just another great player! Who would think a core of two with very very good support could do what they did?

If Kobe was not such a prick, the lakes would 5-pete! The triange is versitle. It worked with 2 wings as the core best players, and with a wing and a Shaq! Marbs will only be as good as the support he gets, thats true under any circumstances! I guess what we don't see is what Isiah can turn over and draft with the roster, and how much can Reezy develope into? All we know, Reezy may be the key, and Phil might think how wonderful to get a smart humble kid and mold him early? Can he break in Marbs to a lessor role to acomplish a greater task? Draft a center and we might have an early core. This is what is so appealing about bringing in phil! Not his reputation, but how can they build it from the ground up and install the system! I think Jamal could have a big problem adjusting, but he might excell in the end! Marbs could not stand up to Phil, no way he sulks! Phil would give him the zen. If not, Marbs goes. That simple!

Great post, Nalod. You've inspired me to look forward to the day!!!
The Marbury Problem

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy