The Marbury Problem
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/7/2005  6:19 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

This is really boring because some here dont read the posts before commenting on their own. No one is going after Stephon. On this thread, most of the people are saying Stephon shouldnt pass off the last second shot. That is different from saying we lost the game because of stephon.

seriously man this thread has become really annoying! No one is going to kill Marbury for taking the last shot and missing it because he's our best player and the ball needs to be in his hands to either take the last shot or drive and kick the ball out. I don't know where you got that from.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/07/2005 18:21:44]
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/7/2005  11:32 PM
Posted by fishmike:

wait a sec.. you guys arent saying Marbury has played well late in games are you? Are you kidding? Passing the ball is one thing. Passing it to Jamal when he's 28 feet from the basket w/ 1.8 seconds on the clock is choking. Thats just bad basketball.

Marbury has played some good games but has NOT been consistant lately, and when the Knicks have had a chance to put games away in the final minutes Marbury has NOT done anything to accomplish that for us.

I dont know what games people are watching
The 37 pt Sac game was the equivalent of a pitcher throwing a perfect game for 8 2/3 innings and then giving up a solo homer to lose the game 1 to 0. I would just pat thie pitcher on the back and say "Sorry our hitters let you down today." I wouldn't kill the pitcher for the solo home run.
NYK3
Member: #725
USA
2/7/2005  11:40 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

wait a sec.. you guys arent saying Marbury has played well late in games are you? Are you kidding? Passing the ball is one thing. Passing it to Jamal when he's 28 feet from the basket w/ 1.8 seconds on the clock is choking. Thats just bad basketball.

Marbury has played some good games but has NOT been consistant lately, and when the Knicks have had a chance to put games away in the final minutes Marbury has NOT done anything to accomplish that for us.

The 37 pt Sac game was the equivalent of a pitcher throwing a perfect game for 8 2/3 innings and then giving up a solo homer to lose the game 1 to 0. I would just pat thie pitcher on the back and say "Sorry our hitters let you down today." I wouldn't kill the pitcher for the solo home run.
good analogy, i agree
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/8/2005  12:18 AM
We asked for it. And he deliverd.

Marbury should shoot the mid range jumper a lot more. He should mix it up more than he does. Big men would have to come out to try and stop it which would open up his teammates. They would live with KT hitting mid range jumpers. But they wouldn't live with Marbury doing it.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
2/8/2005  12:20 AM
Considering the current makeup of the team, Marbury should NEVER pass up the clutch shot.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
NYK3
USA
2/8/2005  12:23 AM
Posted by simrud:

Considering the current makeup of the team, Marbury should NEVER pass up the clutch shot.
He really shouldnt, he needs to play every night down the stretch like he did tonight. I wanted to him to shoot everytime he touched the ball tonight in the last couple minutes, I wasnt comfortable with anyone out there tonight in the end to take and make a big shot
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/8/2005  12:26 AM
If that post was directed at mine. I wasn't nessesarly talking about him passing up the ball on the last shot. I was talking about how he has been hitting the mid range jumper most of the season but doesn't do it enough. He should mix up when he drives hard to the basket and when he pulls up for the jumper. This would open more things up. Through out the game.

[Edited by - newyorknewyork on 02/08/2005 00:26:40]
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
NYK3
USA
2/8/2005  12:33 AM
yea i agree newyorknewyork, he definitely needs to shoot the mid-range jumper some more, he's pretty much unstoppable when he's knocking down that shot.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2005  10:08 AM
why doesnt Marbury deserve heat for being a part of the late game collapses? You want to use a baseball analogy? Give me a break.. Just because Marbury plays well for 3 quarters its ok to totally melt down in crunch time? Was Marbury guarding Bibby when he hit the 3? I'm sorry but you need the leader of your team and your best player to stabilize those late game situations. Play good D, hit a big bucket, make good decisions.. that sort of thing.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
USA
2/8/2005  11:14 AM
Posted by NYK3:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

good analogy, i agree
thanks. I had a feeling the analogy would frustrate a few people...
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/8/2005  6:43 PM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

We asked for it. And he deliverd.

Marbury should shoot the mid range jumper a lot more. He should mix it up more than he does. Big men would have to come out to try and stop it which would open up his teammates. They would live with KT hitting mid range jumpers. But they wouldn't live with Marbury doing it.

yup, he sure did...that's what those of us on this thread have been wanting to see from him, & he delivered last night...funny how John Andariese was saying pretty much exactly the same thing we have on this thread about Marbury, that he was the best player & should be taking the big shots down the stretch.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
2/8/2005  7:10 PM
Im not very concerned right now if Marbury is playing the "right type" of BBall.He has a weak supporting cast and we all know where the season is going.

I dont want him to tank but until he is surrounded by more talent there is no use in picking the guy apart unless he starts saying some really stupid sh"" and becomes a team cancer.If he can keep his cool so can I.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/8/2005  7:28 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Not at all. The Sac game for Marbury in baseball would be a pitcher throwing a perfect game through the 8and 2/3rd, deciding he doesnt want to pitch to the last guy for whatever reason. Then the relief pitcher comes in and gives up a Walk off solo HR on the first ball. Now no one says, that pitcher is a loser, we are saying we would rather let the pitcher pitch the 9th because on that night, he had the best chance of any other pitcher to win the game!
thanks. I had a feeling the analogy would frustrate a few people...
Since I dont sit in front of the computer all day, I didnt have the time to respond, but you analogy is not even close. It just shows how much you misunderstood anyone who said Marbury should've taken the last shots in the Sac game.

The JAZZ game: Marbury took 2 shots at the end of the game and won it for us! Now thats finishing what he started. Making the shot is important but my point was it should be HIM taking the last shots and no anyone else. I would rather him take the last shot and miss it cause he has the best chance of any Knick, especially on nights like the game in Sac when he was on fire.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 02/08/2005 19:31:00]
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/8/2005  7:33 PM
the only other guy i'd like to see taking the last shot other than Marbury on this team is Crawford or Houston...so while Houston is on the IR & Crawford is nursing an injury of his own, that needs to fall on Marbury's shoulders...i guess that makes me a Marbury hater.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/8/2005  8:09 PM
marbs just had a tough month trying to overcome his "best pg in league" proclamation (I agree with btw).

I think he was on this "give everybody a chance" kick that led to him going for game winning assists as opposed to winning the game.

I tihnk bibby woke him up and he realized that he might be the best point guard in the league (I agree with btw) and is beginning to take charge again.

Should be quite the post all star game season for my beloved snubbed knicks.
all kool aid all the time.
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
2/8/2005  9:21 PM
anyone notice he's shooting almost .475 from the field? It's very interesting that he has a high FG% this year..
*stares at crawford*
http://allknicks.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2005  11:04 PM

Marbs needs to have his fun now, cuz when big chief triange blows into town, marbs gonna get religion!

He gonna hear "mike did this, mike did that" from both phil and Isiah!

I got phils book to bone up on the dudes thinking.

Im getting ready, phil and the ghost or Red Holzman gonna fix Marbs up good.
Bonn1997
USA
2/8/2005  11:09 PM
Posted by teslawlo:

anyone notice he's shooting almost .475 from the field? It's very interesting that he has a high FG% this year..
*stares at crawford*
I wish the team had two (or even one) more players playing at or near Marbury's level

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02/08/2005 23:09:26]
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/8/2005  11:13 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Marbs needs to have his fun now, cuz when big chief triange blows into town, marbs gonna get religion!

He gonna hear "mike did this, mike did that" from both phil and Isiah!

I got phils book to bone up on the dudes thinking.

Im getting ready, phil and the ghost or Red Holzman gonna fix Marbs up good.

Nalod, seriously does Phil install the triangle here? Does Marbs take the MJ/Kobe role? It's almost too much to even fathom. And maybe more importantly, can Zeke stand for one second to hear good things said about his old nemesis MJ?? Plus just imagine for a second the books he's gonna assign to our Knicks (All right, one is easy - Sweets gets Atkins).
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/9/2005  12:49 AM
Posted by fishmike:

why doesnt Marbury deserve heat for being a part of the late game collapses? You want to use a baseball analogy? Give me a break.. Just because Marbury plays well for 3 quarters its ok to totally melt down in crunch time? Was Marbury guarding Bibby when he hit the 3? I'm sorry but you need the leader of your team and your best player to stabilize those late game situations. Play good D, hit a big bucket, make good decisions.. that sort of thing.

Was there something about MArbs D that was lacking on that shot by Bibby?
He played great D on that shot. But I agree it aint cool to just melt in the 4th, but I think hes clear right now.
The Marbury Problem

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy