[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marburry was badly disrespected on TNT.....
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
2/3/2005  9:01 PM
Marb needs to come on and play exactly like he did early on in the season...He was disrespected by two hall of famers: Magic and Barkley about the Allstars selection....Kenny Smith chose Marb over Jason Kidd base on the fact that Kidd has missed a lot of games this season, and the whole cast went crazy after he said that.....Marb doesn't have the caliber of players necessary to do great things, I sure hope that he redeemed himself some how by end of the year......Could TT finally play like we know that he could by the second half? It would definitely be a welcome sight. It takes great finishers to make a PG look good on the court. We don't have that... Kidd has Carter and my man Jefferson.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
USA
2/3/2005  9:15 PM
If Marb played with a guy like Swiff and still had the luxury to have guys like Ariza at SF with Crawf at the 2, we would be just like the Phoenix Suns
Clean
Member: #743
2/3/2005  10:15 PM
no we wont, we would NEED to have at least one shooter. All you have to do is play zone and we are right back to where we started.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/3/2005  10:34 PM
Posted by diderotn:

If Marb played with a guy like Swiff and still had the luxury to have guys like Ariza at SF with Crawf at the 2, we would be just like the Phoenix Suns
We'd be like the Suns without Amare and Marion
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/3/2005  10:59 PM
What if marbs can take a good team, and just kill it?

He had Mariion and AMare.

What if its Marbs thats killing out team. We have some good players, but what in gods name is happening to them. Last year KT was all star material? Vin even played well in stretches, Craw is folding up, TT is a mess, the more sweets plays, the worse he is getting this last month, and H20 has never been worse.

Marbs is like the "exercist" chick, just all even, green vomit spewing and the devils hand!
Bonn1997
USA
2/3/2005  11:10 PM
He had a rookie Amare, whom he helped win the rookie of the year award. Everyone felt that team did great compared to expectations. The next year while Marbury was on the team, Amare and/or Marion were hurt for almost every game.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
2/4/2005  12:09 AM
"[Nash's] getting everyone the ball. Everyone loves a teammate that gets you the ball in a position to score," Shawn Marion, Marbury's former teammate, told Insider earlier this month when comparing Nash and Marbury. "Last year we had so many guys who could score, yet our point guard was taking a lot of the shots. That's the difference."

Suns center Amare Stoudemire put it more succinctly.

"Nash creates opportunities to get easy baskets. The game of basketball isn't easy. But he helps make it easy. ... That's what real point guards do."
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
flex
Member: #441
2/4/2005  12:12 AM
its over, its fans like you that give new york the reputation that we can't rebuild.
islesfan
2/4/2005  12:16 AM
I saw what they did to Marbury on TNT and to say he was badly disrepected is putting it mildly. They were downright ridiculing him. They showed a clip of Marbury talking about stepping his game up and they made some bad cutout of Marbury climbing these cartoon like steps. I almost felt sorry for Marbury, that's how bad it was.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
islesfan
2/4/2005  12:20 AM
Posted by flex:

its over, its fans like you that give new york the reputation that we can't rebuild.

I know you're not talking to me because I was adamant about rebuilding long before Isiah got here. You know, before they traded away 2 first rounders, 1 high second rounder, young talent and capping themselves out even further by adding $200MM to their longterm payroll.
flex
Member: #441
2/4/2005  12:41 AM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by flex:

I know you're not talking to me because I was adamant about rebuilding long before Isiah got here. You know, before they traded away 2 first rounders, 1 high second rounder, young talent and capping themselves out even further by adding $200MM to their longterm payroll.

I wasn't, but at least someones with me on the rebuilding train. I'm happy I hope we get smashed for the rest of the year, draft either Bogut or Marvin Williams from UNC (they're the only two gems, Taft shows no heart or fire and is another TT waiting to happen) and next year as well and draft Oden, the birth of a dynasty.

[Edited by - flex on 02/04/2005 00:42:53]
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/4/2005  2:13 AM
TNT makes fun of everyone who isn't doing good, thats just there way. I didn't see it though so I can't judge how bad it was.

Marbury will get blasted for the rest of his career until he wins. And if he does start winning the media will kiss his ass. And there will be articles on how he changed and is more mature and all that stuff.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/4/2005  7:01 AM
Posted by islesfan:

"[Nash's] getting everyone the ball. Everyone loves a teammate that gets you the ball in a position to score," Shawn Marion, Marbury's former teammate, told Insider earlier this month when comparing Nash and Marbury. "Last year we had so many guys who could score, yet our point guard was taking a lot of the shots. That's the difference."

"Nash creates opportunities to get easy baskets. The game of basketball isn't easy. But he helps make it easy. ... That's what real point guards do."

Word. A good PG elevates the level of play of a team.
diderotn
USA
2/4/2005  7:09 AM
Marb did just that early on in the season...He had guys like Nazr and Kurt playing wonderful basketball...The problem is that as he was doing all of that, TT, Houston, and others were having their own problems. When you have two or three of the most gifted talents in your squad either not playing or playing like a zombi, it makes the game very hard...Also, one thing that we must all remember is that he had a coach who truly wasn't creative....
Word. A good PG elevates the level of play of a team.
Bonn1997
USA
2/4/2005  7:34 AM
Posted by islesfan:

I guess Stoudemire just has a very short memory. When he was actually playing with Marbury, he talked about Marbury (and Marion) elevating his play.
http://scores.sportsline.com/b/page/pressbox/0%2C1328%2C6174538%2C00.html
Nalod
USA
2/4/2005  9:03 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Whats a "Swiff"?
Nalod
USA
2/4/2005  9:10 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by islesfan:

I guess Stoudemire just has a very short memory. When he was actually playing with Marbury, he talked about Marbury (and Marion) elevating his play.

YOur calling Amare out on an article you dug out that is two years old? Wow!

Im sure Amare thought Marbs was better than any of the guards he had in high school!

As much as we prefer to have Marbs showered with accolades, Nash is better at feeding Amare than Marbs is, or was. He is a pass first talent. Marbs is a scorer, and a dam good player.
islesfan
2/4/2005  9:11 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by islesfan:

LOL In one particular game in his rookie year?? I do appreciate the effort though. It must have taken you awhile to find one little comment like that if you had to go back to the midpoint of his rookie year.
Bonn1997
USA
2/4/2005  9:44 AM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by islesfan:

LOL In one particular game in his rookie year?? I do appreciate the effort though. It must have taken you awhile to find one little comment like that if you had to go back to the midpoint of his rookie year.
I think he was commenting on how Marbury had helped him all season. It's not like he said that one game was unusual from the rest of the season.
islesfan
2/4/2005  9:56 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by islesfan:

YOur calling Amare out on an article you dug out that is two years old? Wow!

Im sure Amare thought Marbs was better than any of the guards he had in high school!

As much as we prefer to have Marbs showered with accolades, Nash is better at feeding Amare than Marbs is, or was. He is a pass first talent. Marbs is a scorer, and a dam good player.

Lets make it easier on Bonn. How about a quote from Stoudemire after the Marbury trade went down about how awful a trade it was since he was losing the PG who "elevated his play" for Charlie Ward.
Marburry was badly disrespected on TNT.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy