[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Crawford and Marbury are losers!!!
Author Thread
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
2/3/2005  12:22 PM
Anyone who still has respect for this team and its players is not truley a fan. They have been giving half ass efforts on a nightly basis, and really don't seem to care, they don't box out, they don't fight to get through screens, they don't do the basics, and perhaps the biggest reason is, their two stars...

Marbury and Crawford

Niether ever move without the ball they both take terrible shots when no one has position underneath the boards, they haven't tried defensively the entire season. Getting a hand up is a tremendous effort and the two constantly portray a negative image.....

They both say we need to stop taking bad shots, try more, get the energy up, and then give the same half ass effort....

If Isiah has any chance at turning this thing around its starts with these two, who embody what is wrong with the league style over substance....

It is getting increasingly painful to watch, when the fans seem to care more than the players.....One of them has to go, if not both.....
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/3/2005  12:38 PM
I think there has been a lot said about those two on many a thread.

Not all of it complementary.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/3/2005  3:13 PM
Posted by MS:

Anyone who still has respect for this team and its players is not truley a fan. They have been giving half ass efforts on a nightly basis, and really don't seem to care, they don't box out, they don't fight to get through screens, they don't do the basics, and perhaps the biggest reason is, their two stars...

Marbury and Crawford

Niether ever move without the ball they both take terrible shots when no one has position underneath the boards, they haven't tried defensively the entire season. Getting a hand up is a tremendous effort and the two constantly portray a negative image.....

They both say we need to stop taking bad shots, try more, get the energy up, and then give the same half ass effort....

If Isiah has any chance at turning this thing around its starts with these two, who embody what is wrong with the league style over substance....

It is getting increasingly painful to watch, when the fans seem to care more than the players.....One of them has to go, if not both.....

You done?
I have a general respect for the both of them, neither of them is a hero of mine, but I don't disrespect them in anyway.
Marbury has showed a lack of effort as of late (there was an article in the Times today that mentioned Isiah has hinted Stephon is fighting some injuries. Haven't decided whether or not I really trust it, but I wouldn't be surprised) but this is a guy that normally leaves it on the court every night. Consistantly puts up 20/8. His D is enough to make you scream, but the good out weighs the bad I suppose.
Crawford's game is still raw, he still needs to be developed. He is only 24 and has a world of potential. He has shown flashes of good D, alot of deflected passes mainly. Most likely will grow into an explosive scorer, and hopefully, atleast an average defender. His shot selection is poor, but we've known that all year. Not ready to call it quits on Project-Craw.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/3/2005  3:17 PM
I would not get on Craw too much. He is what he is, and right now he has notobody who is setting a good example for him.

Marbury on the other hand, is just cancer.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
MS
2/3/2005  3:21 PM
Sorry i have been absent from posting the last few days.....

How about trading Kurt Thomas and Naz for Wally and Eddie Griffin and Anthony Carter who will be waved.....Marbury, and Ariza, plus a second round pick for livingston, kittles, wilcox

Crawford to Golden State for Pietrus, Nareja, then use our pick to draft warrick, and save the mid-level for Swift, Brown, Sammy if we can get lucky with one of them

Livingston/Penny
Pietrus/Houston
Wally/Warrick/TT
Sweetney/JYD/Najera
Wilcox/Griffen

Thats a really bright future, especially when you let TT and Penny expire, or if a big man becomes available you can package sweetney with one of them to get better
bernard
Member: #475
2/3/2005  3:39 PM
Every player on the Knicks looks like a loser right now. Difference is: Marbury says things like "judge me on our record" and "I'm the best PG out there" before tying an anvil around the team and leading 'em out the window. He's our best player, our best-paid player ... he's got to take the most heat.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/3/2005  10:30 PM
This thread is nonsensical.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/3/2005  10:43 PM
If Steve Nash or Jason Kidd were playing on a team whose second best player should be a 6th man on most teams, I bet he'd look like a total loser too
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/3/2005  10:55 PM
Other than vince, The nets are pretty thin. They carry themselves with pride and are playing hard. HE could easy pull a "trade ME, im a victom of cost cutting and a new owner" and most everyone would agree with him. He has rehabbed, and tried to be open minded. And if not, its not bothering him on the court and he is keeping all in house.

That says alot about leadership.

Marbs is not a leader, and he may never be.

Some players drag the team down with them. He is currently doing this. That is why he is getting hell.

Nobody disputes his talent, its the attitude!
Bonn1997
USA
2/3/2005  10:59 PM
How much more leadership did Kidd show at age 27 than Marbury?

HE could easy pull a "trade ME, im a victom of cost cutting and a new owner" and most everyone would agree with him.
What's your point? Marbury's never demanded a trade that I'm aware of either.

He has rehabbed, and tried to be open minded.
Again, what's your point? Marbury's done plenty of re-habbing too. He's had four ankle surgeries (two on each ankle).

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02/03/2005 23:00:20]
OldFan
Member: #446
2/3/2005  11:12 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

How much more leadership did Kidd show at age 27 than Marbury?

HE could easy pull a "trade ME, im a victom of cost cutting and a new owner" and most everyone would agree with him.
What's your point? Marbury's never demanded a trade that I'm aware of either.

He has rehabbed, and tried to be open minded.
Again, what's your point? Marbury's done plenty of re-habbing too. He's had four ankle surgeries (two on each ankle).

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02/03/2005 23:00:20]

A lot

I think the Point is Kidd is a better player and leader.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/4/2005  12:40 AM
I am tired of hearing that kidd is such a great leader, isn't he the guy who ridiculed publicy KVH, after they lost in the playoffs and ran him out of town? isn't he the guy who ran the coach out of town, after scott took them to the finals? Isn't this the same guy who helped break up the sucessful trio of he, Jim Jackson and mashburn in dallas? And yet with all of this, isn't this the same guy who completly and I mean completely flopped vs detroit last year in an embarrassing game 7 loss in the ECF? yet he had the nerve to call out other teamates when they fell short in prior years.. And now the nets who were the toast of the east are now among the ridiculous,like the knicks? and all of this thanks to the very "unselfish" Jason kidd? I mean does he not bear some brunt of the blame for the teams spiraling down to where they are now?

we can blame marbury, but kidd gets a pass no matter what?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/4/2005  12:44 AM
Posted by tkf:

I am tired of hearing that kidd is such a great leader, isn't he the guy who ridiculed publicy KVH, after they lost in the playoffs and ran him out of town? isn't he the guy who ran the coach out of town, after scott took them to the finals? Isn't this the same guy who helped break up the sucessful trio of he, Jim Jackson and mashburn in dallas? And yet with all of this, isn't this the same guy who completly and I mean completely flopped vs detroit last year in an embarrassing game 7 loss in the ECF? yet he had the nerve to call out other teamates when they fell short in prior years.. And now the nets who were the toast of the east are now among the ridiculous,like the knicks? and all of this thanks to the very "unselfish" Jason kidd? I mean does he not bear some brunt of the blame for the teams spiraling down to where they are now?

we can blame marbury, but kidd gets a pass no matter what?
PREACH!!!
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/4/2005  2:55 AM
Kidds list can go further than that. During the middle of his contract season in NJ. He was talking about how he wanted to play with Tim Duncan and the Spurs. He was traded out of Pheniox because Kidd couldn't get them past the first rd, and he slapped up his wife. They went to the finals when the east was the worst it ever was. Got Swept by LA. Then lost 4-2 to the Spurs exactly the same # of wins and losses that the 8th seeded suns had vs them. Nets probably don't get out of the first rd in the west. Playing tougher western confrence teams for most of the schedule would have made them drop from the 49 win team I think they were to a 43 win team which would have probably made them like 7th seed and a first rd exit. I don't want to take away from Kidd accomplishments. But he was definalty put in a golden position. Great for him for capitalizing on it. Don't wanna hate just keeping it real.

Losing magnifies everything. Winning covers everything.

Nash had Nowtizki, Jaimison, Walker, Daniels, Howard, Finley in Dallas. Yet he never was able to get even an eastern confrence championship. NVE was the reason they even went to the ECF the yr before. Because he is having success for the season none of that matters. If Suns flops in the playoffs he will get turned on quick.

There all great players. But anyone can be bashed. Marbury put the bulls eye on his back when he proclaimed that he felt he was the best. And a big time losing streak followed making him the goat.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
MS
2/4/2005  10:56 AM
The Knicks had their worst month in team history after he proclaimed himself the best pg in the league that says a lot, as does him saying we having been playing hard in practice it just doesn't translate...

The best pg in the league, doesn't get a shot clock violation with a one point lead against Houston and then give them a chance to win

The best pg in the league doesn't go scoreless against Jaric and commit four turnovers in a row and lost the game for his team

He has been playing stupid all year, how predicatable is his game bring it down run the pick and roll, pretend that i am going to shoot then pass......

Maybe if he ever got a hand up, tried boxing someone out, or held his man in check he wouldn't get ridiculed

And getting to the Western Conference Finals is like winning the NBA Championship, Sac, LA, and San An were all capable of winning, and portland had a strong team.......

Nash plays some many minutes that he breaks down in the Playoffs......And the Nets would have beat the Pistons in six last year had it not been for kidds injury, so lets not be stupid and say they woudln't have got out of the west first round.....and i believe Scott didn't play much of a role in getting them to the Finals, Jefferson being drafted, a healthy Martin, and Jason Kidd, with Eddie Jordans coaching did
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/4/2005  3:35 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

If Steve Nash or Jason Kidd were playing on a team whose second best player should be a 6th man on most teams, I bet he'd look like a total loser too

Now Crawford's a sixth man? Wow. Someone should've let me know.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/4/2005  3:56 PM
Nash plays some many minutes that he breaks down in the Playoffs......And the Nets would have beat the Pistons in six last year had it not been for kidds injury, so lets not be stupid and say they woudln't have got out of the west first round.....and i believe Scott didn't play much of a role in getting them to the Finals, Jefferson being drafted, a healthy Martin, and Jason Kidd, with Eddie Jordans coaching did

If this was Marbury these things would be called excuses.

And getting to the Western Conference Finals is like winning the NBA Championship, Sac, LA, and San An were all capable of winning, and portland had a strong team.......

Sorry but no it isn't. And the only reason they got to the Western Conrference Finals was because of NVE. Dallas let Nash go for nothing in return and replaced him with Terry & Harris. And are still one of the top teams in the west.

How about when he brought us back from 19pts vs Philly. Or when he took over vs Orlando & Minny teams considerd better than us. He isn't the best PG in the NBA. Even when he said it I never took that seriously. There is no PG in the NBA, not even if he was the best cappable of bringing a collection of average players who would come off the bench on good team to success. John Stockton doesn't turn this team into a success if you replaced him with Marbury. And though they didn't win a lot of games in January. And though they quit vs Denver. They competed and it came down to the wire in most of them.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Bonn1997
USA
2/4/2005  11:12 PM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Now Crawford's a sixth man? Wow. Someone should've let me know.
Isiah already let all Knick fans know! He was brought here to back up Marbury and Houston! He's not good enough now to be a starter on a respectable team unless the team has outstanding players at multiple other positions.
Crawford and Marbury are losers!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy