[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

how is this? yes we need a little luck but so does everyone else;>)
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/3/2005  11:26 AM
Knicks trade KT to SA for mailk rose and the better one of their first two picks.

Knicks trade Nazr M to Minn for a 2005 #1 pick and earvin Johnson

Knicks win lottery

NY selects
Andrew Bogut #1

NY selects

Nate Robinson #29

Ny trades TT Mike Sweetney+pick 19 for PF Zach Randolph+C Joel Pryzbila

NY signs Stromile Swift to a 6 year 40mm$

NY signs Kareem Rush to a 2 year 3.2mm$

NY signs Rod Strickland to a 1 year vet min

line up

C Bogut 7-0 245
PF Randolph 6-9 265
SF Ariza 6-8 210
SG Crawford 6-5 190
PG Marbury 6-2 200
C Pryzbilla 7-1 255
C/ PF Stromile Swift 6-9 235
SF Penny 6-8 225
SG Kareem Rush 6-6-215
PG Nate Robinson 5-8 190

JYD 6-9 215
Strickland 6-3 200

IR
Baker
Norris

Allan Houston retires
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/3/2005  11:33 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Knicks trade KT to SA for mailk rose and the better one of their first two picks.

man, I like these 2 moves.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
2/3/2005  11:45 AM
Where do I sign up?

The only thing I don't like is the Strickland signing. We can do better. We just need to look harder.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/3/2005  12:05 PM
Sure, I'm down with that, too.
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
2/3/2005  12:09 PM
SIGN ME UP
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/3/2005  12:09 PM
a dollar & a dream is all it takes.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/3/2005  12:19 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

this right here will only happen if isiah bites the bullet and goes into "full" rebuilding mode.
MS
Member: #724
2/3/2005  12:24 PM
randolf is a cancer and not worth signing he is on his own agenda exactly the type of player we don't want, but the naz trade is a good one, stay way from rod strickland at all costs,,,,
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/3/2005  12:36 PM
Make it so........
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
2/3/2005  1:39 PM
Not crazy about the Nazy trade. You'll probably get a pick around #20 with that, and I think Nazy is better than most players you can get at #20. I also think you can include Nazy's expiring contract this offseason in a deal and come out better.

The Kurt trade is nice, although earlier in the week you had a proposal where we were getting two 1st rd picks from SA for him.
BRIGGS
2/3/2005  2:07 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Not crazy about the Nazy trade. You'll probably get a pick around #20 with that, and I think Nazy is better than most players you can get at #20. I also think you can include Nazy's expiring contract this offseason in a deal and come out better.

The Kurt trade is nice, although earlier in the week you had a proposal where we were getting two 1st rd picks from SA for him.

Nazr is dog do-do I'm sorry to inform you. Perhaps a desperate team with a big PF like kG could really use Nazr, I think that could be great for him. I would atleast try to use that pick, throw in Sweetney and an ending contract to appease Portland who looks like they want out of Zach Randolph. In most cases of trading an ending contract, teasm want young solid players picks and ending contracts. If trading nazr who is worth bird poop to us, so be it.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
2/3/2005  2:31 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Nazr is dog do-do I'm sorry to inform you. Perhaps a desperate team with a big PF like kG could really use Nazr, I think that could be great for him. I would atleast try to use that pick, throw in Sweetney and an ending contract to appease Portland who looks like they want out of Zach Randolph. In most cases of trading an ending contract, teasm want young solid players picks and ending contracts. If trading nazr who is worth bird poop to us, so be it.
No, Nazy is a decent 6th man for 20 mpg. That's more than you get out of most players selected around #20. Take a look at players taken in the 18 to 22 range over the past 5 years. There are obvious expections, but most of them are guys who average like 5 PPG and 3 RPG.
BRIGGS
2/3/2005  2:45 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Bonn1997:

No, Nazy is a decent 6th man for 20 mpg. That's more than you get out of most players selected around #20. Take a look at players taken in the 18 to 22 range over the past 5 years. There are obvious expections, but most of them are guys who average like 5 PPG and 3 RPG.

ending contract are worth nothing unless they are accompanied with picks and young players. so acquiring *picks* is going to mean some sacrifice and I dont give a rat arse about nazr.

if ending contracts were so valuable by themselves, Philly wouldnt have been turned away 10 times for big dogs contract.
RIP Crushalot😞
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/3/2005  2:53 PM
Love it. Kareem Rush is a name I like to see. He was the only Laker I actually liked last year.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/3/2005  3:20 PM
What everybody needs to realize about Mohammed is that he suchan awful defender, not just help and shotblocking wise, but simply covering his man while cutting to the bucket, that he is HUGE liablitiy out there.

Any team that is willing to leave with his terrible defense, should be taken advantage of.

He is like the Lee Nailon of centers, except, he has no offensive moves, but gets all his pts on putbacks and pointblank shots.

A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
2/3/2005  4:27 PM
i'd love to do it but dunno if portland will agree
http://allknicks.com
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
2/3/2005  5:53 PM
BRIGGS, I like most of those deals. Only one I probably wouldn't do is the Nazr trade because I think we can get more for him. I agree with you though that Nazr is not the answer to this team's frontcourt needs, yet, I wouldn't mind waiting until the offseason either when Nazr has more trade value. Even right now though, I think Nazr is worth more than that Minny deal. I've already made my position on Sweets known. I don't think he will turn into a stud PF that can lock up that position for a number of years, but I do think he can turn into a pretty good player and would like to see him start from now until the end of season. If Randolph is available for Sweets in that deal however, I do it in a heartbeat.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
BRIGGS
2/3/2005  6:10 PM
Posted by s3231:

BRIGGS, I like most of those deals. Only one I probably wouldn't do is the Nazr trade because I think we can get more for him. I agree with you though that Nazr is not the answer to this team's frontcourt needs, yet, I wouldn't mind waiting until the offseason either when Nazr has more trade value. Even right now though, I think Nazr is worth more than that Minny deal. I've already made my position on Sweets known. I don't think he will turn into a stud PF that can lock up that position for a number of years, but I do think he can turn into a pretty good player and would like to see him start from now until the end of season. If Randolph is available for Sweets in that deal however, I do it in a heartbeat.
No, I don't agree. If we can get something like a 17 for him and an ending contract, how could you ask for more? Think someone will give you pick 8? Doesnt work like that at the deadline

playoff teams feed picks and players they are not using. Once Nazr goes into his final year, hes a lameduck--do you want isiah to extend him for 4 more years?

We have to make tough decisions here--do you want to comeback next year, possibly with the same team + the 11th pick in the draft?

No, I think the smart money move is to realize we need to be the one's to clean house and get the picks that are out there waiting to be dealt before someone else does.
the problem is we'd be bluntly trying to rebuild and I dont think Dolan will have any part of it. It took hell freezing over with the Rangers 7 frikin years right? they made it a point to say they are concerned about the short term in the isiah briefing, but they need to fall on the sword
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
2/3/2005  6:12 PM
by the way, all we need is Bogut to be good. if we somehow, by the love of God get him, you guys will be shocked and we will be a 50 win team with just fractional moves. Id love to get Zach if Portland is selling, but we need more draft picks.
RIP Crushalot😞
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
2/3/2005  6:48 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

by the way, all we need is Bogut to be good. if we somehow, by the love of God get him, you guys will be shocked and we will be a 50 win team with just fractional moves. Id love to get Zach if Portland is selling, but we need more draft picks.

Yes, we would need more draft picks but what if you do trade Nazr to Minnesota for Johnson and that first rounder but its still not enough along with the other players for Portland to give up Zach? I would like more draft picks just like you do, however, I'm not willing to trade a decent asset in Nazr for a pick that could very well be at 20 or over if I don't even know if Zach can be had. Nazr is a pretty good young center with a decent contract who has more value than the 17th pick in this year's draft. I'm not saying to get a top 10 pick for Nazr, but I do think he can help land us a pretty talented big man like Kwame or Stromile Swift (if the MLE is not enough for him which could very well be the case).

Plus, I don't understand why you are asking me if I want to come back with the same team. You use the worst case scenario when defending your argument yet, to make your original argument you use the best case scenario in which we get the best pick in the draft, so I'll do the same. What if we do get the 11th pick and you trade Nazr for pick 17 and Kurt for pick 29? What if you cannot move up in the draft that much because teams don't like the depth of the draft and aren't willing to trade down? Then you waste Nazr Mohammed for nothing and our team would suck even more next season.

[Edited by - s3231 on 02/03/2005 18:50:24]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
how is this? yes we need a little luck but so does everyone else;>)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy