[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

anyone see Patterson last night?
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/3/2005  8:19 AM
He got the start and shut down Carmello. I think Melo was like 3-13. Think we could use a guy who takes pride in his job of locking down the other teams best player? Granted he's no Artest but he could be had and be a nice piece moving forward. He's 29 and you could get him for KT.. I have no doubt
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/3/2005  8:28 AM
These band aid moves your considering fish would be like taping one hole only to watch the water come out throw another hole. Patterson would have to be a throw in like JYD and Penny for cap reasons, other then that whats the point.
ES
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/3/2005  8:52 AM
Posted by knicks1248:

These band aid moves your considering fish would be like taping one hole only to watch the water come out throw another hole. Patterson would have to be a throw in like JYD and Penny for cap reasons, other then that whats the point.

Patterson has always been a good player.....Portland for some reason doesn't like him. I bet they love him now since he is saving their franchise from utter embarrassment.

Patterson is a player the Knicks could use because he plays for himself not to please a coach or manegement. Portland has openly tried to get rid of him for a few years now.

The man can do it all.....he is athletic with a good motor, can create his own shot, plays good overall defense, and has 3pt range. Nice, Nice player.

knicks1248 has a point.....how do you get a player like Patterson? Getting him would be patch work but getting him is the whole problem. He's not just a throw in type of player now since he's getting minutes. I'd easily trade KT for him but Portland wouldn't do that.

Now Portland has a shyte load of ending contract from players getting the max.....Van Exel, Damon Stoudamire, and Shareef......

My question is would Portland be willing to trade Shareef and Patterson to the Knicks for Timmy and KT? KT fits well behind Zack and now Pryzbilla. Timmy might just need to be out of a big market for him to play well. If Timmy could rebound this would be a nice trade for Portland....shyte.....the way Theo Ratliff has been playing maybe the Knicks can get him too cuz Theo has been a bum....

What do you guys think?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/3/2005  9:18 AM
well for one it gets us away from KT and opens things up for Sweetney to play.
Another it gives you some balance.

Not every move is about getting the next star. Sometimes it takes little things also. Patterson is a role player and we dont have anyone like him. We need to get away from 40 minutes of KT every night. Let Mike play some more, see if we can get him in the offense more.

Worst case? We get a slightly younger guy with a shorter contract.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/3/2005  9:51 AM
you know i am totally w/u on the Patterson idea fish, but i do think 1248 has a point as well...i would guess that the best way to get Patterson would be as a supplementary piece in a trade, not as the centerpiece of it...i don't see Isiah making a trade unless it's to drastically improve our roster...but i would LOVE to have Ruben on this team & would gladly give up KT in a deal to do it.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/3/2005  10:02 AM
Are we done with this season?

If so, then we should start sweetney. It will take him the entire season to iron out his defensive issues and smooth out his offensive game.
all kool aid all the time.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/3/2005  10:06 AM
I'm sure Portland wants to ship Ruben, but why would they want a longer contract like KT? I have a feeling that Portland would be more interested in taking JYD, who is a high energy, team-oriented good-guy.

If we could do Ruben for JYD and then also Malik Rose and a #1 (I don't think we can get both) for Kurt, at least we've gotten a starting small forward, opened things up for Sweets, shortened the KT contract and acquired a first round pick to get a backup PG type.
¿ △ ?
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/3/2005  10:23 AM
Posted by fishmike:

He got the start and shut down Carmello. I think Melo was like 3-13. Think we could use a guy who takes pride in his job of locking down the other teams best player? Granted he's no Artest but he could be had and be a nice piece moving forward. He's 29 and you could get him for KT.. I have no doubt

If you trade KT for Patterson, who is going to back up Sweetney? JYD? Vin Baker?

I don't think JYD would match up with some bigger 4's, not that KT shuts them down.

And what about Ariza? Don't we want him playing the 3? Where does that leave Patterson? Backing up Ariza?

I'd rather us continue to go with youth. Patterson doesn't make this Knick team a championship team and if you want to go away from 40 Mins of KT, just have Herb start Sweets and play him until he fouls out.
JUNKMEIN
Member: #797
2/3/2005  10:26 AM
Imo it's premature and there's no point in trading Kurt for another player that has short term value (i.e. Kurt & Patterson). Kurt needs to be traded between now and right before the draft for a late 1st round (unlikely) or 2nd round pick (more likely). The teams that will go deep into the playoffs would gladly give up their late picks for someone like Kurt. I'd gladly take an Isiah draft choice over any short term stop gap (i.e. Kurt & Patterson).

On another note, i'm not sweating the beating the team is taking at all. This is all necessary so that we can get a low draft pick and thusly address our frontline. It's just a waste of energy to get bent out of shape over how they're performing now if you make an honest assessment of the team. Our frontline is the worse in the league bar none. Our backcourt is not remotely as bad as a number of our Drama Kings make them out to be. Marbury and Crawford have insane talent. But I don't care how talented they are they're never going to win with the frontline we have. We're running the gauntlet now and there's no point in stopping short or looking for a quick out because this is a necessary part of the process. Sit tight and enjoy the show.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/3/2005  10:38 AM
Posted by JUNKMEIN:

Imo it's premature and there's no point in trading Kurt for another player that has short term value (i.e. Kurt & Patterson). Kurt needs to be traded between now and right before the draft for a late 1st round (unlikely) or 2nd round pick (more likely). The teams that will go deep into the playoffs would gladly give up their late picks for someone like Kurt. I'd gladly take an Isiah draft choice over any short term stop gap (i.e. Kurt & Patterson).

On another note, i'm not sweating the beating the team is taking at all. This is all necessary so that we can get a low draft pick and thusly address our frontline. It's just a waste of energy to get bent out of shape over how they're performing now if you make an honest assessment of the team. Our frontline is the worse in the league bar none. Our backcourt is not remotely as bad as a number of our Drama Kings make them out to be. Marbury and Crawford have insane talent. But I don't care how talented they are they're never going to win with the frontline we have. We're running the gauntlet now and there's no point in stopping short or looking for a quick out because this is a necessary part of the process. Sit tight and enjoy the show.

MJ won with some pretty lame front courts- Cartwright, Wennington, Longly, Grant- Pippen sure helped as did Rodman.

Granted, Marbury and Crawford are not MJ and this team needs an upgrade of talent- I don't care where it slots in- I'd take LeBron over Dwight Howard or Okafor
EnySpree

2/3/2005  11:48 AM
(People tend to get really upset when I post a trade idea for some reason. Here's an idea not saying it's the greatest thing in the world but I think it's interesting to think about)

Patterson, Anderson, Theo Ratliff, and Shareef for KT, Timmy, Penny, and Vin Baker

Right away the Knicks are taking back alot of contracts still.....the guys the Knicks are getting back are young athleticlly skilled players. They fill in holes the Knicks are suffering in. Knicks need a back-up for Craw, Knicks need a better small fwd, Knicks need a shot blocker, Knicks need a better power fwd....I think this trade helps out.

As far as Portland? They lose Shareef but he's not playing anyway...In return they get Penny's and Timmy's contracts.....Both players would have instant roles as back-ups for Miles and whoever they sign in the off-season. KT would be a better back-up for Zack and Pryzbilla. Baker is just another ending pact.

The Knicks:
Shareef/ Sweetney
Patterson/ Ariza
Nazr/Theo
Marbs/Brewer
Crawford/ Anderson

Regardless of the contracts these players are good and actually play their positions. Then the Knicks can say they are deep and actually mean it.

Portland:
Zack/ KT
Miles/Tim Thomas
Pryzbilla/Travis Outlaw
Sabastian/ maybe a resigned Damon
Ray Allen?/ Penny

They get the cap relief which they seem to be trying to obtain.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TMS
USA
2/3/2005  12:16 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

(People tend to get really upset when I post a trade idea for some reason. Here's an idea not saying it's the greatest thing in the world but I think it's interesting to think about)

Patterson, Anderson, Theo Ratliff, and Shareef for KT, Timmy, Penny, and Vin Baker

you wonder why people object to your trade ideas when you post things like that? why oh why oh why oh why would POR trade away their starting C who they love & an allstar calibre PF w/a max expiring contract to take on Gazy, Penny the gimp, Vin Baked, & a slow PF w/no post game?

come on man, post something reasonable & maybe you can get some good discussion going on your trade ideas...i know you're going to take this as a personal insult to you, but i could really care less who wrote this post...think about your trade proposals from an objective point of view & you'll know what i'm talking about.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
EnySpree

2/3/2005  12:33 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by EnySpree:

you wonder why people object to your trade ideas when you post things like that? why oh why oh why oh why would POR trade away their starting C who they love & an allstar calibre PF w/a max expiring contract to take on Gazy, Penny the gimp, Vin Baked, & a slow PF w/no post game?

come on man, post something reasonable & maybe you can get some good discussion going on your trade ideas...i know you're going to take this as a personal insult to you, but i could really care less who wrote this post...think about your trade proposals from an objective point of view & you'll know what i'm talking about.

See what I mean.

Never said I was a genius or anything like that.....it's just a though.....the Knicks need help in all those positions....

I doubt Portland would do it......I doubt Isiah would do it either.

Just a thought......so let's not screw the thread up by arguing.
TMS
USA
2/3/2005  12:38 PM
if you doubt POR would do it, & you doubt that Isiah would do it, why propose it? i have thoughts that i'd like Tim Duncan & KG on this team, but what good is it for me to propose trades for them when i know darn well it would never happen? i'm really not trying to argue with you... i love talking trades as much as you do.
EnySpree

2/3/2005  12:57 PM
Posted by TMS:

if you doubt POR would do it, & you doubt that Isiah would do it, why propose it? i have thoughts that i'd like Tim Duncan & KG on this team, but what good is it for me to propose trades for them when i know darn well it would never happen? i'm really not trying to argue with you... i love talking trades as much as you do.

You are a real arse hole.

The trade I posted had nobody close to KG or Duncan.......I gave an explanation and everything......you are telling me I didn't.

I already explained the reason I brought it up. Stop ruining threads......If you don't like it say what you gotta say so we can continue the discussion.

It's amazing how Playa can get banned yet guys like you are still allowed to post here.

No one on here is trying to get a job in the NBA through this site. This is just a bunch of diehard basketball fans killing time.

What's the most dumbest thing about you is you complain that the idea is dumb and I didn't explain it from both sides, but they you go on to say that i did.....

Internet Thugs. So stupid. What is the point? Half of you people would have your head down in real life....unless you happen to hold an authority position, then you think you got balls.

I hope Andrew, or Martin is watching.......I hope you get banned one day. This is like the 3rd thread already.....it's like you are following me. As soon as I write something you are always the first person to respond always on some real ignorance.

I'm not insulted or anything cuz this ain't real. So you can go on about it if you want.

Knicks need to make a decision. Either make a trade where they fill the missing holes or start thinking about the draft, and what they are gonna do once Timmy and Penny are off the books....

[Edited by - enyspree on 02/03/2005 12:59:25]
TMS
USA
2/3/2005  1:00 PM
learn how to take criticism if you're going to offer an idea...& you can spare me the cursing out...i tried to be real diplomatic w/u on this thread...i don't see any reason martin or Andrew would have a problem w/it.

have a nice day.
JUNKMEIN
Member: #797
2/3/2005  1:06 PM
Well we agree on Marbury and Crawford not being MJ for sure but I gotta tell you, Cartwright, Wennington, Longly, Grant (all front court players) and Rodman (Hof caliber career) shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence with our frontline.
MJ won with some pretty lame front courts- Cartwright, Wennington, Longly, Grant- Pippen sure helped as did Rodman.

Granted, Marbury and Crawford are not MJ and this team needs an upgrade of talent- I don't care where it slots in- I'd take LeBron over Dwight Howard or Okafor
MS
Member: #724
2/3/2005  1:20 PM
Grant was one of the better defenders in the nba, and longly was useful and also played good defense...It doesn't matter who you have one your team if three players can't play defense its hard to win on a consistent basis.....

At this point Isiah has dropped the ball with the team, the coaches, their is no need to keep kurt thomas if you can get something of value in return for him.....the more games we lose at this point the better....
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/3/2005  2:36 PM
Posted by MS:

Grant was one of the better defenders in the nba, and longly was useful and also played good defense...It doesn't matter who you have one your team if three players can't play defense its hard to win on a consistent basis.....

At this point Isiah has dropped the ball with the team, the coaches, their is no need to keep kurt thomas if you can get something of value in return for him.....the more games we lose at this point the better....
If the goal is to lose, then we should keep Kurt in the starting lineup
TMS
USA
2/3/2005  4:13 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by MS:

If the goal is to lose, then we should keep Kurt in the starting lineup

the goal should be to see what you really have in Sweetney, not wasting time w/an aging vet PF who's already reached his peak & has proven he can't make this team any better.
anyone see Patterson last night?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy