[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What would you trade for Darius Miles?
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/2/2005  3:57 PM
Obviously he's an attitude problem for Portland. KT isnt realistic because of the age alone. What about Nazr, or KT + Ariza?

Another option would be Patterson + Miles for some combo. TT works money wise but talent wise thats terrible for Portland. Nazr + KT works. JYD doesnt do much for them.

I like Mile's and Patterson's games, especially with Crawford and Marbury. Even if you play a Pho type line up (with half the talent I admit) and have one of those guys at the 4 you still have new dimensions you didnt have before, as well as guys that can really RUN.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/2/2005  4:07 PM
i don't think i'd give up Ariza to get Miles, as much talent as he has...Ariza has no personality issues, & he's shown that he has tremendous upside as well...plus i love the way he approaches the game, all out full tilt...we need more of that in NY...Miles has a tendency to loaf at times.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/2/2005  4:07 PM
The Knicks need players.....

No way do you trade Ariza......he's a raw talent. He doesn't box out, he aims his shot, he only knows how to drive but can't create if the defense gets in his way.....these things will come in time and he will be a menace....

Darius Miles is immature but he has NBA ready skills since he has paid his dues for a few years....I would love to have him. If Portland wants to get rid of him Isiah better be there to scoop him up. He has the handle to create, he is a good shotblocker, and he knows how to fill a lane.

Isiah should look into getting him....but if it's for Ariza....I would have to tell them no.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/2/2005  4:10 PM
Wouldn't really give up much more than some expiring contracts and Houston's #2.
To be honest, I don't really like Darius and would just assume to keep Ariza instead of packaging him with Kurt for him.
fishmike
USA
2/2/2005  4:13 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE then send KT to Portland for Patterson. we have no 3's, they hate him and we need someone that can play some freakin D and bag around here.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/2/2005  4:13 PM
Didn't I post this thread about a week ago about Darius Miles?? I guess now we know about the suspension and know that his value might be a little lower
MaTT4281
USA
2/2/2005  4:15 PM
Posted by fishmike:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE then send KT to Portland for Patterson. we have no 3's, they hate him and we need someone that can play some freakin D and bag around here.
That I could get on board with.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/2/2005  4:16 PM
Honestly, I think ariza is the same athlete miles is, but with a higher bball IQ and larger upside, I would not do ariza in this deal, but having both ariza and miles would be nice...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
fishmike
USA
2/2/2005  4:20 PM
you guys sell Miles short. He's a great shot blocker and can handle the ball like a PG. In fact Cle played him at the point when they were showcasing him around. His jumper is weak, and thats his only fault. He's one of the best dunkers in the NBA and has a 7 foot plus wingspan. He's blocked more shots than KT and Nazr this year.

He's got a bad attitude.. most losing teams arent full of happy campers. Look at ours.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/2/2005  4:22 PM
Posted by tkf:

Honestly, I think ariza is the same athlete miles is, but with a higher bball IQ and larger upside, I would not do ariza in this deal, but having both ariza and miles would be nice...

I agree, and also how many more bad character, low IQ, nit wit divas do we need with the current collections of underachevers infecting our roster? C'mon, even if the talent is there, there has to be more.

Great teams have great character!
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
2/2/2005  4:26 PM
I've never noticed character issues interfering with how Miles plays on the court. He always plays hard on both ends of the court. I don't think he's better than Ariza will be, but I wouldn't mind having both on the team if we're not giving up an important part of our team to get him.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/2/2005  4:37 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I've never noticed character issues interfering with how Miles plays on the court. He always plays hard on both ends of the court. I don't think he's better than Ariza will be, but I wouldn't mind having both on the team if we're not giving up an important part of our team to get him.

You don't think cuzzin out the coach affects team play?

WHy jsut keep adding players cuz he cheap? They cheap cus they don't want them. How cum he can't shoot? Cuz he such a hard worker? I don't want this guy who cuzzed out Mo cheeks. This is the kinda dumb ass low life low skill high jumping ego dudes we need to avoid! Bring in patterson the chick hitting idiot too!

Can we dig up JR rider? How bout put sean kemp on la weight loss and bring in his dumb ass. Ant Mason, he's a knick, gotta love him, too!

Can mike tyson play also? Sign Jayson "SHOTGUN" williams.

Get it, its the idiots that make the team! These guys melt under presure.

Remember those bad layden teams, the ones who sucked, but played hard! Becareful what you wish for, cus you might just get it, and boy do we have it!

We got all new players, jsut like everyone wanted, exept for Damp! He would have fit in perfectly! Overpaid and underachiever.

They not listening to Isiah, they are gutless with no pride. I only blame Isiah for trying this concept cuz he is in charge, but it was a good effort. But this concept of bringing in talent that not up to potential is a failure! Penny, Marbs, Craw, TT, and Nazr all new, all had baggage! And put them together and it all stinks! Add Patterson and Miles, yeah! I guess we need a bench full of them also!
fishmike
USA
2/2/2005  4:39 PM
Patterson has his issues, but in terms of players this one makes some sense.

want to say no Ariza I will bite.
TMS
USA
2/2/2005  4:59 PM
how about TT, KT, HOU's 2nd rounder & cash for Miles, Patterson, Derek Anderson & POR's lottery protected 1st round pick?

it's basically a trade off of players that didn't work out for their respective teams in essence...yes, the Knicks take on some bad character players, but what do they really give up? NY gets more athletic players who can help improve the perimeter D along w/a 1st round pick they can certainly use, & POR gets rid of their unsavory characters & gets good cap relief in the process.

the salaries seem to even out in annual salary totals, but for some reason it doesn't work on RealGM...maybe KT & Ruben's trade kickers have something to do w/it? anyone know?

C - Nazr / Baker / Sundov
PF - Sweetney / JYD
SF - Miles / Ariza
SG - Crawford / Patterson
PG - Marbury / Penny / Brewer
IR - Houston / Anderson / Moochie

not the savior trade for this franchise, but we do get younger & more athletic...some more trade chips w/which to work & another 1st rounder.

[Edited by - TMS on 02/02/2005 17:42:52]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
MaTT4281
USA
2/2/2005  5:05 PM
Posted by TMS:

how about TT, Nazr, HOU's 2nd rounder & cash for Miles, Patterson, Derek Anderson & POR's lottery protected 1st round pick?

it's basically a trade off of players that didn't work out for their respective teams in essence...yes, the Knicks take on some bad character players, but what do they really give up? NY gets more athletic players who can help improve the perimeter D along w/a 1st round pick they can certainly use, & POR gets rid of their unsavory characters & gets good cap relief in the process.

the salaries seem to even out in annual salary totals, but for some reason it doesn't work on RealGM...maybe KT & Ruben's trade kickers have something to do w/it? anyone know?

PF - Sweetney / JYD
SF - Miles / Ariza

not the savior trade for this franchise, but we do get younger & more athletic...some more trade chips w/which to work & another 1st rounder.

Did you mean trade Kurt instead of Nazr, or play Kurt at C instead of Nazr?
If Portland would agree, I'd be all for that trade, even though it leaves us a little weaker in our already exploited frount court. I just don't see Portland including that lottery protected 1st rounder.
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
2/2/2005  5:21 PM
at this point, it'd take an amazing deal for me to trade for miles.
http://allknicks.com
TMS
USA
2/2/2005  5:44 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by TMS:

how about TT, Nazr, HOU's 2nd rounder & cash for Miles, Patterson, Derek Anderson & POR's lottery protected 1st round pick?

PF - Sweetney / JYD
SF - Miles / Ariza

Did you mean trade Kurt instead of Nazr, or play Kurt at C instead of Nazr?
If Portland would agree, I'd be all for that trade, even though it leaves us a little weaker in our already exploited frount court. I just don't see Portland including that lottery protected 1st rounder.

yeah, i meant KT...thanks for catching that...that lottery protected pick would be a stretch, i admit...i might be tempted to do that deal even w/o it to tell u the truth as long as we kept HOU's 2nd round pick.

[Edited by - TMS on 02/02/2005 17:45:32]
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/2/2005  6:36 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by tkf:

I agree, and also how many more bad character, low IQ, nit wit divas do we need with the current collections of underachevers infecting our roster? C'mon, even if the talent is there, there has to be more.

Great teams have great character!

Having both would be essential......because the lesson has already been learned.....if the Knicks stayed healthy we would be drinking the Kool-aid still......The Knicks aren't that good. All the good teams have been hit with the injury bug just as bad as the Knicks and they all can still compete and win ball games.....Not the Knicks....

If Ariza reaches his potential it will be in 2 years if he continues to work.....Having Miles and Ariza would be insane because with those two players you don't miss a beat.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/2/2005  11:30 PM
Posted by fishmike:

you guys sell Miles short. He's a great shot blocker and can handle the ball like a PG. In fact Cle played him at the point when they were showcasing him around. His jumper is weak, and thats his only fault. He's one of the best dunkers in the NBA and has a 7 foot plus wingspan. He's blocked more shots than KT and Nazr this year.

He's got a bad attitude.. most losing teams arent full of happy campers. Look at ours.
It is funny, I have been a vocal miles supporter for years, and used to follow him with the clippers, I think he is a tremendous talent and he is still very young, but for some reason, there is something about ariza that I like, and it goes beyone the athleticsm, he has poise on the court, and a knowledge for the game that is rare for a 19 year old kidd.. I like miles, he like ariza came into the league playing defense at a young age, but for some reason, miles game has not progressed, but again he is still very young, I would not mind having him, but not at the expense of ariza... I think if IT makes portland a decent offer, he can be had...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
2/3/2005  9:14 AM
Miles has the potential to be a lot like Shawn Marion... if he works on his game. The signs have already been there. When he's confident and getting the playing time, he produces some pretty sweet numbers all around.

I suppose the same could go for Ariza. With a year under his belt I'd imagine that Ariza could be ready a huge statistical leap next season, in the neighborhood of 14-16ppg, 3apg, 5-7rpg, 2spg, 1bpg... provided he gets the minutes, of course. Of course, those are pretty similar to what Miles is producing this season as a starter.

Would Miles be too much duplication?
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
What would you trade for Darius Miles?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy