[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

probably the most realsitic trade for KT
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/2/2005  1:16 PM
NY sends KT to SA along with the rights to Houston's second round pick and 1.5mm in cash to settle the trade kicker on KT's contract in exchange for Malik Rose, the Spurs #1 pick and the rights to the Pheonix pick, likely 29.

So something like this

Thomas
1.5mm
pick 45 ish

to SA
for Rose
pick 29+30
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/2/2005  1:23 PM
Spurs have already pulled back this offer after KT was signed to his contract...they are looking for an expiring deal, which is why they've been inquiring about Donyell Marshall from TOR for Rose & their 1st rounder.

i don't think you can get them to give up 2 1st round picks just to unload Malik Rose when it doesn't even help their cap situation...that's hardly realistic.

[Edited by - TMS on 02/02/2005 13:23:49]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/2/2005  1:25 PM
We're getting TWO (late) 1st round picks for Kurt? I love it, but don't expect the Spurs to agree to it.

Does Kurt get a 15% increase in his salary just for next year or for every year of his contract if he's traded? If the latter, then the $1.5 mil cash won't "settle the trade kicker"
BRIGGS
2/2/2005  1:26 PM
Posted by TMS:

Spurs have already pulled back this offer after KT was signed to his contract...they are looking for an expiring deal, which is why they've been inquiring about Donyell Marshall from TOR for Rose & their 1st rounder.

i don't think you can get them to give up 2 1st round picks just to unload Malik Rose when it doesn't even help their cap situation...that's hardly realistic.

No team is going to take on massive payroll for the 30th pick. you can buy a pick for much cheaper.

Kt for malik and their number 1 is not enough because the pick is so low, they would have to swap positions on the 2nd rounder we own from houston 45ish into position 29.
Malik rose doesnt play for them right now and they have Tony Massenburg as their C. Kt is a significant upgrade for about the same $$ as Rose. KT fits in perfect next to Duncan.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
USA
2/2/2005  1:26 PM
Posted by TMS:

Where did you hear that the Spurs pulled back the offer? I heard that Isiah pulled back the offer before the trade deadline (and before he gave Kurt an extension).
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/2/2005  1:27 PM
i can't imagine san antonio trading two first round picks for kurt.

i think the most realistic is kurt for ruben patterson straight up. if picks can get exchanged as well, great.

kurt + our #2
for ruben and their #1 (doesn't have to be this year)
Bonn1997
USA
2/2/2005  1:28 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by TMS:

No team is going to take on massive payroll for the 30th pick. you can buy a pick for much cheaper.
I agree; I don't see any team giving up an expiring contract just to get Malik Rose and a pick around 28 to 30
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/2/2005  1:30 PM
Posted by TMS:

I think the Spurs are in a trade for Malik and/or KT for 2 reasons. They would like to get rid of Malik because of his contract and/or would like to upgrade that position. KT is a little better defender against the big guys out West and compliments Tim in a big way.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
2/2/2005  1:34 PM
to me, pick 29 +30=1 first round pick, especially if you throw in pick 45

picks 29=30 have to be guaranteed pick 45 does not.

a cost conscious team may not want to take on the 2mm extra when SA has been so profecient at getting solid vets like Brown etc.. for lthe same cost.

For the Knicks it makes sense because we need to build the back end of our bench just as much as the front end.

You could have guys like Simien Graham heck even warwick etc.. drop and this is a grand place to take a risk on them. If you dont believe it, go ask Gilbert Arenas, Carlos Boozer Mike Redd etc if a player can slip.

as for the player to player trade--now we can say whatever we want about Kt, hes a great fit for SA and would comand playing time, perhaps starting next to Duncan right off the bat. Malik rose doesnt even play.
RIP Crushalot😞
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
2/2/2005  1:38 PM
The most realsitic trade for KT....I agree. A pretty good deal for both.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Bonn1997
USA
2/2/2005  1:42 PM
The Spurs could probably win the championship without doing this deal and just keep their two first round picks, though.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/2/2005  1:44 PM
BRIGGS is right. Almost all teams don't like late first round picks because of the guaranteed contract. An early 2nd rounder is very attractive because the talent level from late 1st to early 2nd is very similar.

I see San Antonio doing this but might want our 2nd rounder instead of our JVG pick.

I don;t know if I want Malik Rose at that price. Replace Rose with Rasho and we have a deal.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
2/2/2005  1:48 PM
Isiah needs to stop b.sing and trade Kurt's a## out of town......Draft picks are great. We can always combine them and trade them to a team for a top pick...

Posted by NYKBocker:

BRIGGS is right. Almost all teams don't like late first round picks because of the guaranteed contract. An early 2nd rounder is very attractive because the talent level from late 1st to early 2nd is very similar.

I see San Antonio doing this but might want our 2nd rounder instead of our JVG pick.

I don;t know if I want Malik Rose at that price. Replace Rose with Rasho and we have a deal.
The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
USA
2/2/2005  1:51 PM
Then, if we don't use Houston's 2nd rd pick in a trade before draft day, on draft day Isiah should try to trade that pick and cash for a late 1st rd pick.
NYKBocker
USA
2/2/2005  2:01 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Isiah needs to stop b.sing and trade Kurt's a## out of town......Draft picks are great. We can always combine them and trade them to a team for a top pick...

Posted by NYKBocker:

Hmmm. This isn't the NFL where stock piling picks is a way to go, hence I don't think you can trade 2 really late 1st round picks for a higher pick. I mean do you remember when we had 3 mid to late picks (Walter McCarty, Dontae Jones and John Wallace)? Yup, that was great. With the 2 picks we would get in this scenario we give Zeke multiple chances in finding a gem. He has a good track record with the draft so in my humble opinion this would be a good move.

While KT is not solving our problems, he is not the reason we are losing. Our problem is at SF and SG. Ariza is too green. TT is well a fugazy. Jamal is better suited to be a Microwave type player off the bench. Allan is hurt.

Right now with the season going south, I would rather hold onto KT and wait for a good deal. Someone will bite. They always do.
NYKBocker
USA
2/2/2005  2:02 PM
By the way, this in my opinion is a good deal. It would be a great deal if we get Rasho instead.
NYKBocker
USA
2/2/2005  2:07 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Then, if we don't use Houston's 2nd rd pick in a trade before draft day, on draft day Isiah should try to trade that pick and cash for a late 1st rd pick.

That is the way to go. If IT is convinced that the player at that spot is good then he should take the monetary risk. It's Cablevision money anyway.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/2/2005  2:08 PM
how much do you guys want to bet that this trade never happens?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
NYKBocker
USA
2/2/2005  2:10 PM
Posted by TMS:

how much do you guys want to bet that this trade never happens?

I would agree with you on that. The most logical trade scenarios never happen.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/2/2005  7:41 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by NYKBocker:

Hmmm. This isn't the NFL where stock piling picks is a way to go, hence I don't think you can trade 2 really late 1st round picks for a higher pick. I mean do you remember when we had 3 mid to late picks (Walter McCarty, Dontae Jones and John Wallace)? Yup, that was great. With the 2 picks we would get in this scenario we give Zeke multiple chances in finding a gem. He has a good track record with the draft so in my humble opinion this would be a good move.

While KT is not solving our problems, he is not the reason we are losing. Our problem is at SF and SG. Ariza is too green. TT is well a fugazy. Jamal is better suited to be a Microwave type player off the bench. Allan is hurt.

Right now with the season going south, I would rather hold onto KT and wait for a good deal. Someone will bite. They always do.

TT is not the only reason we are losing. Kurt thomas, nazr, stephon and jamal all deserve blame. But at least trading Kurt and getting younger gives us an identity.
probably the most realsitic trade for KT

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy