[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
3/12/2002  7:57 AM
supposedly he is not coming out according to sources familiar with the Maryland program.
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/12/2002  8:31 AM
I heard that if he was guarenteed a lottery pick, he was definately coming out. Something about how he didn't want to make the same mistake as another Maryland player (can't remember who) who's stock was high as an underclassman, but then dropped considerably the next season. Anyone remember who I'm thinking of?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
USA
3/12/2002  8:39 AM
Wait...maybe I'm thinking of his current teamate Lonnie Baxter. Has his stock dropped considerably since last year?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
3/12/2002  8:43 AM
He will come out if he's slated as a top 10 pick, he has his heart set on playing in THE league and wouldn't pass up an oppertunity like this.

http://www.sunspot.net/sports/college/basketball/bal-sp.preston04mar04.column?coll=bal-college-mbasketball

So patience regarding their NCAA tournament run is in place.
Andrew
USA
3/12/2002  10:40 AM
Ah, this was what I remembered....from Insider:
Wilcox said if he's projected to go in the lottery, he won't make the same mistake (Terrance) Morris did.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/12/2002  3:33 PM
I definitely think he is a guarenteed lottery pick and won't pass up the chance to go to the draft now. I would like picking him up because of his potential and considering that he's being compared to players like Antonio McDyess. However, i think i would prefer Yao Ming or Drew Gooden and hopefully we can get one of them, more likely Gooden, but Wilcox is my third choice for big men.
Andrew
USA
3/12/2002  3:38 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

However, i think i would prefer Yao Ming or Drew Gooden and hopefully we can get one of them, more likely Gooden, but Wilcox is my third choice for big men.

I think I'd go with Wilcox even if Gooden was still available. Gooden has been mentioned as a possible tweener in the NBA, and from what I've seen, he does look small (skinny) to play the power forward spot. With Wilcox you have a guy who could play PF or Center. I'm just thinking if Gooden ends up playing the 3 it really doesn't help our big man problem.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Knixkik
USA
3/12/2002  4:35 PM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by Knixkik:

However, i think i would prefer Yao Ming or Drew Gooden and hopefully we can get one of them, more likely Gooden, but Wilcox is my third choice for big men.

I think I'd go with Wilcox even if Gooden was still available. Gooden has been mentioned as a possible tweener in the NBA, and from what I've seen, he does look small (skinny) to play the power forward spot. With Wilcox you have a guy who could play PF or Center. I'm just thinking if Gooden ends up playing the 3 it really doesn't help our big man problem.
Acccording to each of their profiles, Chris Wilcox is 6-10, 220lbs and Drew Gooden is 6-10, 230lbs. Now i'm no wiz in math, but that tells me Gooden weighs more right now than Wilcox does. I think i would prefer Gooden because he's a proven player and like Shane Battier from last year, Gooden will be the guy that makes an instant impact. Wilcox has a lot of potential, but it will take him awhile because he is still very raw offensively. Plus i look at Marcus Camby and Jermaine O'neal, both coming into the league 6-11 and a very thin 220 and they developed fine not only to the power forward position, but to the center position for the most part. I think if Gooden gets on a good program this summer he can come to camp a solid 235 to 240 and that would be a good sized power forward. But if we can't get him, i'm definitley all for getting Wilcox.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
3/12/2002  6:33 PM
Wilcox is listed as 240 and looks massive; Gooden is listed as 230 and looks abit frail. Who knows what will happen, they could meet in the semis, which would be sweet wouldn't it?

I don't know what sze or weight they are, it isn't like Othella's really 6'9" (more a 6'6"/6'7") but at least these two are really 6'10".

Wilcox is more of a gamble while Gooden is a less exciting sure thing.
Knixkik
USA
3/12/2002  7:10 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

Wilcox is listed as 240 and looks massive; Gooden is listed as 230 and looks abit frail. Who knows what will happen, they could meet in the semis, which would be sweet wouldn't it?

I don't know what sze or weight they are, it isn't like Othella's really 6'9" (more a 6'6"/6'7") but at least these two are really 6'10".

Wilcox is more of a gamble while Gooden is a less exciting sure thing.
Yeah they're both 6-10 and by nba standards will probably be listed at 6-11 or so. I agree with your last sentence, that about sums up what we are look at when comparing the two.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy