[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If we've given up on this year, then what about Artest?
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/2/2005  6:04 AM
This is the time to get him. Would the Pacers trade him for Nazy, Sweetney, Houston's 2nd rd pick and $3 mil? You could offer them about $7 mil in savings by including TT for Bender and Pollard too. I'm not sure about doing the deal if they wanted Ariza instead of Sweetney, though.

I like the thought of a lineup of Marbury, Crawford/Ariza, Artest, Kurt/JYD plus whoever we use the MLE and a lottery pick on

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02/02/2005 06:08:05]
AUTOADVERT
mythfaze
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #106
2/2/2005  8:31 AM
Yes he is an all star who brings in excellent defense and effort,
and yes New York is notorious for giving players with problems second chances,
but what, is it our goal to have no player over 6'6'' on the team? Our front line is weak enough.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/2/2005  8:39 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

This is the time to get him. Would the Pacers trade him for Nazy, Sweetney, Houston's 2nd rd pick and $3 mil? You could offer them about $7 mil in savings by including TT for Bender and Pollard too. I'm not sure about doing the deal if they wanted Ariza instead of Sweetney, though.

I like the thought of a lineup of Marbury, Crawford/Ariza, Artest, Kurt/JYD plus whoever we use the MLE and a lottery pick on

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02/02/2005 06:08:05]

Bonn- aren't you one of the people that wants KT out of here? To some extent, you'd be locking us into have KT at the 4 or 5.

This is a great idea, though. Obviously, once IT does this, he is publically mailing in the season.

And- I am not sure about giving up Nazr & Sweetney to get back a small unless you are planning to rehab his image and then trade him for a big- I think we'd be better served holding our bigs to trade for other bigs, i.e., s&t for Swift, Dalembert, etc.

Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/2/2005  11:04 AM
Artest would be a great addition, but I just don't believe that Nazr + Sweetney + a 2nd rounder + small savings gets it done.

My guess is it's something more like Nazr, Sweetney, Ariza and a second round pick for Artest.

OR

Nazr, Sweetney, Ariza, Kurt Thomas for Artest, Pollard
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/2/2005  11:10 AM
what it would likely take to get Artest would not be worth it in my eyes at this point when you consider he's a walking time bomb who can have another breakdown at any time & be banned from the game permanently.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/2/2005  11:12 AM
Not sure thats worth it to me...

Maybe KT/Nazr/Moochie + cash for Artest and Croshere
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
USA
2/2/2005  11:14 AM
Posted by fishmike:

i mean, that's a no brainer for the Knicks...but Indiana would never go for that.

i bet they so wish they still had Al Harrington right now.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/2/2005  11:23 AM
probably not, but not a lot of teams will risk the PR fallout of trading a lot of talent for a powderkeg like Ronnie.

Indy will probably just live with him. They wont get equal value in return so it makes a lot of sense to just live with him.

TMS.. your right about Al Harrington. That was a bad trade for them. They essentially gave Jackson the full MLE, so why waste Harrington as part of a sign and trade? They could have easier moved him to a team w/ cap space for a good draft pick or something like that.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Solace
USA
2/2/2005  11:25 AM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by fishmike:

i mean, that's a no brainer for the Knicks...but Indiana would never go for that.

Why they traded Harrington for Action Jackson is a mystery to me.

Sure, Harrington was a little overrated, at times, but Jackson was a guy who benefited first from playing with Tim Duncan, and then from playing on one of the worst NBA teams that had no scorers.

Indy's problem now is that they don't have that dominant center and can't go small, using Harrington, J O'Neal and Artest as their frontcourt.
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

2/2/2005  11:40 AM
i'd give up jus about anythin for artest
franco12
USA
2/2/2005  11:49 AM
Posted by Elite:

i'd give up jus about anythin for artest

tick, tick, tick...

When Spree grabbed hold of the coach, that was a fairly isolated incident for him- yes, he showed up late for stuff, but, nothing was severe like what Artest has done in all his flagrant fouls and then going into the stands and starting a riot.

He could be on the court for five minutes and have one more incident that permantly ends his career. Or, he might wise up and have a HOF career.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/2/2005  11:54 AM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by fishmike:

Why they traded Harrington for Action Jackson is a mystery to me.
I agree; they should have signed JJ with the MLE and either kept Harrington or used him in a subsequent trade.
TMS
USA
2/2/2005  12:07 PM
i would much rather make an offer to ATL for Harrington that take the risk on Artest to tell u guys the truth...even though Artest is a much better player, he's just so big a risk at this point.
franco12
USA
2/2/2005  12:12 PM
if its a deal like a TT & something for Artest & Croshere, its a risk but its also not costing that much.

What about JYD for Artest? Aren't their salaries about the same?

If I'm the Pacers and I'm getting any kind of offer for him, you have to take a serious look at it because Artest is not helping your team this year and who knows if the pacers want him around anymore.

Not equal value? JYD is going to help this year. Artest, like I said, might be back on the court five minutes next year before he has another incident and is gone.
Solace
USA
2/2/2005  12:17 PM
Posted by franco12:

if its a deal like a TT & something for Artest & Croshere, its a risk but its also not costing that much.

What about JYD for Artest? Aren't their salaries about the same?

If I'm the Pacers and I'm getting any kind of offer for him, you have to take a serious look at it because Artest is not helping your team this year and who knows if the pacers want him around anymore.

Not equal value? JYD is going to help this year. Artest, like I said, might be back on the court five minutes next year before he has another incident and is gone.

The problem is that Artest is a star and the reigning defensive player of the year. Artest, in five minutes, might have more impact than JYD will have in an entire season. You have to offer stars for stars, not role players.

Sorry, but if Marbury was suspended for the season, you wouldn't suddenly look at an offer like Howard Eisley for Marbury, so let's be realistic.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/2/2005  1:57 PM
I have this vision of Ron-Ron just beating the living snot out of Marbury the first time he pulls the Diva thing on him.

Ron: "steph, Im open on the left side, my man is coming off weak to cut you slashing!"

Steph; "Phuch you nut boy"

Ron: "Bam!"

Steph: "huh? W'happen? ISIAH! HE HIT ME! WHAAAAAAAAAH"

KT: " Giggle"

Ron: "Jamal?, you hear what I said"

Jamal: " I hhheard you, bball on lleft wweak side. All ggood rRon!"

Steph Bleeding: " Isiah gonna cap you mofo!"

Jamal, Reezy, Bogut, Sweet: "shuddup Steph, you the man, be the man!"

Steph: "ISIAH!"

Isiah: "I told you to be cool, now you need teeth!"

Coach Phil: "In life, ass woooping a good thing. Teach you humility, keep you centered." Go buy new teeth!

Flav-o-Flav: "I got some gold teef for "thale", you'll be fly my man"

Steph: "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"
franco12
USA
2/2/2005  10:57 PM
Posted by Nalod:

I have this vision of Ron-Ron just beating the living snot out of Marbury the first time he pulls the Diva thing on him.

Ron: "steph, Im open on the left side, my man is coming off weak to cut you slashing!"

Steph; "Phuch you nut boy"

Ron: "Bam!"

Steph: "huh? W'happen? ISIAH! HE HIT ME! WHAAAAAAAAAH"

KT: " Giggle"

Ron: "Jamal?, you hear what I said"

Jamal: " I hhheard you, bball on lleft wweak side. All ggood rRon!"

Steph Bleeding: " Isiah gonna cap you mofo!"

Jamal, Reezy, Bogut, Sweet: "shuddup Steph, you the man, be the man!"

Steph: "ISIAH!"

Isiah: "I told you to be cool, now you need teeth!"

Coach Phil: "In life, ass woooping a good thing. Teach you humility, keep you centered." Go buy new teeth!

Flav-o-Flav: "I got some gold teef for "thale", you'll be fly my man"

Steph: "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Would the NBA ban Ron if he beat the crap out of one of his teammates?
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/3/2005  1:28 AM
Speaking of Artest. If Marbury was getting jumped by 2 guys from the crowd. I really can't picture anyone one other than JYD running out there to help him. Baker might help but I also herd Chris Webber made him cry.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/3/2005  9:16 AM
Would the NBA ban Ron if he beat the crap out of one of his teammates?

If he beat Spree, then no. He might actually be given a "Player of the week award!" Stern hates Spree.

If two guys jumped Marbs? I think KT would help. Help keep anyone form helping Marbs! LOL

Actually, I think his teamates would come to aid him.

I Think Isiah gonna put a thug squad and have a bunch of players publicaly flogged!
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/3/2005  2:34 PM
BTW. Nalod you have a the gift of handing out (k)nicknames.

Marbury- Diva
Crawford- Clown
Ariza- Reezy
Thomas- Gazy
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
If we've given up on this year, then what about Artest?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy