[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hot 97 Kiss My A**...I know this will be moved but EVERYONE should read this!!!
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
1/31/2005  10:43 PM
This is a little late and I found this poking around on another board,,,Thanks to MetLife from the scout.com messageboards.....

http://www.hiphopmusic.com/

Scroll Down to January 21st............

WTF is Hot 97 THINKING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/31/2005  10:48 PM
yeah, this was big news in the asian community the past couple weeks...i've wrote several emails to complain about it to Hot97, emmis, the fcc & several of hot97's sponsors.

there are some online petitions to protest this as well here if anyone is interested:

to protest HOT97's airing of the racist "Tsunami Song" on Miss Jones' Morning show:

http://www.petitiononline.com/endhate/petition.html

http://www.petitiononline.com/tsunmai7/petition.html

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
1/31/2005  10:49 PM
yea i heard this a couple days ago, ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
BigC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #829
1/31/2005  11:27 PM
I can't stand Hot97. I really try to avoid listening to the radio unless it is sports radio once in a while. I wish they would play real Hip Hop, and underground rap. I hope they get rid of the station for good. They may get rid of the radio dj's but they will just bring back the same type personalities.
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
2/1/2005  7:03 AM
Sickening. Worst, most racist thing ive heard in a while. And listenin to that pathetic Jones, trying to back herself up was even worse!!

But you gotta listen to the response from this guy DJ Jin. Awesome!

http://www.alljin.com/Audio/Exclusives/jin-tsunami_response.mp3

[Edited by - firefly on 02/01/2005 07:03:54]
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
2/1/2005  7:44 AM
Signed the petition... Thanks Joe
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/1/2005  8:08 AM
retards.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/3/2005  10:09 AM
i got a reply back from the FCC about the complaint i registered with them about the Miss Jones' airing of the racist Tsunami Song...they replied by telling me that they have no control or say over what material radio stations & media outlets choose to broadcast over the public airwaves as this is protected under the 1st Amendment of Free Speech, & are only authorized to levy fines on what is deemed to be "indecent" content (i.e. certain curse words, sexual content, etc.)

so let's see, as i understand it from their response, the First Amendment protects a person's right to offend an entire race of people by calling them "niggers" & "chinks" on the air & say you want to kill them all, but it doesn't protect their right to use the "F" word or show female breasts on the air?

isn't this a great country we live in?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
2/3/2005  10:13 AM
Posted by TMS:

i got a reply back from the FCC about the complaint i registered with them about the Miss Jones' airing of the racist Tsunami Song...they replied by telling me that they have no control or say over what material radio stations & media outlets choose to broadcast over the public airwaves as this is protected under the 1st Amendment of Free Speech, & are only authorized to levy fines on what is deemed to be "indecent" content (i.e. certain curse words, sexual content, etc.)

so let's see, as i understand it from their response, the First Amendment protects a person's right to offend an entire race of people by calling them "niggers" & "chinks" on the air & say you want to kill them all, but it doesn't protect their right to use the "F" word or show female breasts on the air?

isn't this a great country we live in?
THATS F.UCKING BULLSHIT, the FCC says they have no control over what people say and they arent going to fine her but yet they fined Howard Stern many times for the stuff he says and the stuff he says is actually funny and he would never do anything like that and make light of a horrible tragedy. STUFF LIKE THIS GETS ME REALLY HEATED
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/4/2005  12:56 AM
Howard Sterns show is penty racist my friend. Miss Jones and Star & Buckwild are actually imitating his shock jock style. I just think there should eb no room for racism of any form anywhere.
Hot 97 Kiss My A**...I know this will be moved but EVERYONE should read this!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy