[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

would you do this for SAR (briggs) ???
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/31/2005  1:56 PM
Patterson + DAnderson + SAR (5 years/$65mm starting at $11mm per)
for TT/Penny + rights to our #1 (say its the #8 pick)

It give Portland a lottery pick, and will allow them to pursue a max level FA because Patterson and DA are still owed a combined $14mm after next season.

Even though the Knicks take one more $$$ after 06/07 they basicly have Marbury, Crawford, SAR and Sweetney as JYD, Patterson, DA, Houston and Shandon all come off the books, putting their payroll (including role players you sign along the way) around $50mm.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/31/2005  2:10 PM
SAR and sweetney on the same roster will mean sweetney is a 6th man and can not play with SAR at the same time. if you'd rather have SAR at $11mil than sweetney then this trade works. i would not part with a #1 for that package. in fact, i think we should get a pick in return for giving them all that cap room especially when they're going to lose SAR for nothing.

i wouldn't do it.

i like sweetney and i think he can really dominate in another 1 1/2 - 2 years and i'm willing to give him that time to show it.

i understand brand is good. i understand sar is good. and i understand the importance of post play. why not give it to sweetney and develop our own post guy to see if he can do it? i mean if we are rebuilding then why not develop our own draft picks in the process?
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/31/2005  2:17 PM
I think SAR is a low energy, low IQ player who doesn't help this team's real problems. He's good, certainly, but he doesn't play smart ball. I'm sick of being on the losing end of close games because we make a few dumb plays or choke in the clutch.

It's certainly a good trade that would improve this team by miles, but then you are most certainly stuck with Shareef. If Isiah makes this move, his hands are tied from making other big moves. That said, Shareef may be the best guy out there we can reasonably attain. Though, Portland may want to re-sign Shareef to slightly less money and explore trades for Zach, the resident bad boy, as was mentioned in another thread.

Not sure how Shareef would play with Marbs. He always kind of seemed like the Allan Houston of PFs.
¿ △ ?
fishmike
USA
1/31/2005  2:34 PM
Sar isnt low energy at all. Actually the opposite. he's a great athlete and runs the floor beautifully. Solid in the halfcourt as well, and can play BOTH foward positions (he starting at SF all year). Best player to compare him too is Jamison, another GS loser who's been great for Wash.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/31/2005  2:38 PM
SAR would be a big improvement over Thomas because he can post up the low block. But like any fluid situation, you must evalaute things as other things unfold. I think all of us, everyone of us, is getting ahead of ourselves.
I think step 1 is evalaute the next ten or so games and start really trying to conjure up the best deal for KT we can. We may have to move back to the Malik Rose deal, but I would up my demand to both the Phoenix Suns pick and their pick--which would be 29-30 and then try to re-establish some value for Malik here, so hopefully we can move him over the summer.

I don't think Minn is going to take on Kurts salary long term. Malik and KT are still close in $$ and they arent even using him. I think KT would help them.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
1/31/2005  2:39 PM
as far as SAR goes, lets wait and see. Id like to hope we can go in a different direction, and use a SAR as a back up type plan
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
1/31/2005  3:15 PM
thing is if you do that SAR trade you can still use Nazr in a sign and trade for Swift and or use the MLE on guys like Hunter, Watson, Jaric

I agree on the KT/Rose trade and the 2 #1s would be nice pieces to fill out the end of the bench or just take some Euro players that may not come over for another year. Rose is a better fit anyway. He's the same size but more of a bruiser, especially on offense. He's a lot like Fortson in that regard. Knicks could give SA cash to make up the difference in salary
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
1/31/2005  3:29 PM
Kurt for Rose????? That should have happened a long time ago....Question is, how will Rose help us??? are we doing this trade strictly for the pick???
The true Knickabocker..........
fishmike
USA
1/31/2005  3:37 PM
the pick is key but Rose is probably a better fit. Better player around the basket than KT, not as good a jumper. Can backup C/PF like KT. Tough player that needs a change of scenery
BRIGGS
1/31/2005  4:00 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Kurt for Rose????? That should have happened a long time ago....Question is, how will Rose help us??? are we doing this trade strictly for the pick???

well, if we were going for a player, id try to get Patterson, I think there is possibilities there or something of that ilk. the deal with rose

A. the picks
B get rid of KT to start Mike
C. To reconstruct Malik's value and to get rid of him
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/31/2005  4:16 PM
The picks would be nice trade pieces at this point too. I don't know if San Ant. would A) trust Isiah again after getting burned on the exact same deal last year, B) want to take Kurt's much longer contract or C) want to disrupt chemistry on the best team in the league.

And, fish, I've seen SAR play a bit. He's not low energy, neccessarily, but he's not explosive either. I certainly wouldn't mind getting him. I wonder if Portland would take: KT+Penny (or Tim instead) + $3million + a pick for Ruben and SAR right now? That way, we don't have to make a decision on re-signing him right away and we get a guy to start at the three straight away.

[Edited by - crzymdups on 01/31/2005 16:16:59]
¿ △ ?
fishmike
USA
1/31/2005  4:36 PM
Rose and KT have almost the same deal and same length. KT makes about $4mm more over the whole deal (3 years after this one).

I dont think Port trades SAR now... and we cant give them a pick they can use this year. My trade was post draft where we use draft rights to someone they pick along w/ expiring deals for SAR resigned and Patterson.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/31/2005  5:20 PM
did someone post this or was this a news item- that some talents like SAR and Antoine Walker were going to be available for the MLE?

If the Knicks said- here is an MLE maxed out, it might be the best total money offered him- and we'd guarantee him some kind of playing time.

But, if you're picking 8 in the draft, please, keep the pick.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/31/2005  6:06 PM
Someone posted it. It wasn't actually news from any source. No way would those guys get less than the MLE. We're probably going to have to dip into part of the MLE just to re-sign Ariza anyway.
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/31/2005  8:54 PM
Do NOT trade the #1 pick. these picks are the future and treat it as gold. SAR is like 30yrs old and you want to trade a pick for him? this is crazy.

[Edited by - BigRedDog on 01/31/2005 20:55:07]
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
1/31/2005  9:02 PM
One thing is for sure, if you want to have SA, we will have to trade Sweetney for a big man like Kwame if he is available...There is no reason why we should repeat all of the mistakes that we have made in the past....SAR is exactly like Kurt but more athletic.....Does he even have a postup game?????
The true Knickabocker..........
would you do this for SAR (briggs) ???

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy