[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If you had the choice of Elton Brand or Dalembert and Swift what would you choose.
Author Thread
flex
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #441
1/31/2005  12:01 PM
Hypothtetically if these players' teams make them available for expiring contracts and Isiah had the choice with our expiring contracts of these 2 choices what would you want.
AUTOADVERT
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
1/31/2005  12:03 PM
I would definitely take Brand....oh wait i misread this, its Brand or Dalember AND Swift, I'd probly take Dalembert and Swift

[Edited by - NYK3 on 01/31/2005 12:04:42]
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/31/2005  12:05 PM
probably dalembert and swift only b/c i'm very high on sweetney and gives more flexibility in terms of moves later if needed.
kevlofton
Member: #317
USA
1/31/2005  12:06 PM
Brand, plain and simple. Right now I would give up KT, Sweetney and Nazr for Brand
Real Knick Fan
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/31/2005  12:14 PM
BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND ,BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND ,BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND ,BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND ,BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND ,BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND ,BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND ,BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND ,BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND ,BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND ,BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND ,BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND ,BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND ,BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND ,BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND ,BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND ,BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND ,BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND ,BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND, BRAND ,
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/31/2005  12:21 PM
a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush... definatly Brand. Nazr is a great center next Brand. A combo of Marbury/Brand pretty much makes you a 45-50 win team in the East. You have a 20/8 guard and a 20/10/2 pure post player at 25/27 years old respectively. god forbid we won the lottery moving that top 3 along w/ expiring deals and cash for Brand would be a creaking coup.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
1/31/2005  12:48 PM
So Silver who is your pick?
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/31/2005  12:49 PM
Posted by NYK3:

So Silver who is your pick?
LOL
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/31/2005  12:51 PM
we're not getting elton brand, we are not getting dalembart. I expect Atlanta to put some money on dalembart and philly will have the chance to match. Unlike Crawford, Dalembart wil have a multi-team demand, so he's going to get bumped up on the salary scale. What in God's name does Philly want from us?

Elton Brand, keep dreaming. What kind of common sense scenario would you even consider dealing him? He is the stability of the franchise and he's young. I would never trade Elton Brand, I think the Clippers are going in the right direction. Just think about it this way, the Clippers BYPASSED Okafor, who was, at a minimum, the only lock sure fire thing to be a real good player. They didnt have to trade anyone, they just had to pick him+ they didnt--why? because they have Elton Brand at 4

if anyone wants to focus on S+T with max contracts, the player or PLAYERS you want to look is Zach Randolph. I think something could happen there BECAUSE they have other contracts they want disposed of + they are not enthralled by Zach.

You have to look at a situation where there is a BIg benefit to the team you are dealing with.

In Elton Brands case, there is no benefit, no common sense to trade him.

I will say again that teams who are willing to dump their players have a reason to do so. And while Marbury and Crawfish have talent, we can see many things why they were given up. Marbury had a full secondary max and Craw is as erratic as an early Nolan Ryan fastball with the Mets.
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/31/2005  1:33 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

we're not getting elton brand, we are not getting dalembart. I expect Atlanta to put some money on dalembart and philly will have the chance to match. Unlike Crawford, Dalembart wil have a multi-team demand, so he's going to get bumped up on the salary scale. What in God's name does Philly want from us?

Elton Brand, keep dreaming. What kind of common sense scenario would you even consider dealing him? He is the stability of the franchise and he's young. I would never trade Elton Brand, I think the Clippers are going in the right direction. Just think about it this way, the Clippers BYPASSED Okafor, who was, at a minimum, the only lock sure fire thing to be a real good player. They didnt have to trade anyone, they just had to pick him+ they didnt--why? because they have Elton Brand at 4

if anyone wants to focus on S+T with max contracts, the player or PLAYERS you want to look is Zach Randolph. I think something could happen there BECAUSE they have other contracts they want disposed of + they are not enthralled by Zach.

You have to look at a situation where there is a BIg benefit to the team you are dealing with.

In Elton Brands case, there is no benefit, no common sense to trade him.

I will say again that teams who are willing to dump their players have a reason to do so. And while Marbury and Crawfish have talent, we can see many things why they were given up. Marbury had a full secondary max and Craw is as erratic as an early Nolan Ryan fastball with the Mets.

Good post. I actually was thinking about Zach Randolph. Horrible character guy. But would Portland have to stop and think about an offer for Sweets and Penny's deal? Yup. If we could wriggle Ruben out of there too, I'd think about it. My question about Zach is when does he STOP being a base year compensation player? Is it this summer? Is it sometime next year? Might be a good trade for Feb 06.

Yeah, people need to stop looking for "hidden gems." The Clippers aren't stupid, they know Brand is good and they know they have a good young team.

People also need to give up on a trade to bail out this season. It isn't coming.
¿ △ ?
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/31/2005  2:43 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Yeah, people need to stop looking for "hidden gems." The Clippers aren't stupid, they know Brand is good and they know they have a good young team.

We are talking about the same Clipper team from Los Angeles? Right? While common sense states keep Brand, Donald Sterling is a fool and only cares about HIS bottom line. Trading an ending contract (TT), Sweetney, 2nd RD Pick plus CASH could and might give Zeke the post player we need and filler (Rebracca).
If you had the choice of Elton Brand or Dalembert and Swift what would you choose.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy