[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If our choices are between Phil and Larry for next year...
Author Thread
JonsTintedTails
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #852
USA
1/31/2005  8:51 AM
I would go after Brown. Phil Jackson's teams are not known for their defense. Of all the problems our team is having, defense is our biggest problem. Larry Brown would work with the young guys and reestablish good defensive habits.

I wouldn't mind bringing back Pat Riley though. Too bad for us that he is doing great down in Miami. We need a tougher team and not the soft team we have now.

What do you guys think?
AUTOADVERT
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
1/31/2005  9:16 AM
I'd like to see nelly go for a second go around.

If we're not going to play defense, I'd rather have a coach that exploits our strengths, then someone that stifles creativity.

Brown does a little of both, but I'd love to see him turn crawford into reggie miller, coming off screen after screen to get open.
all kool aid all the time.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/31/2005  9:39 AM
here's a question i have...say Larry Brown resigns this year due to "medical reasons" & comes back next year as Knicks' head coach...would the Knicks owe alot back in compensation to the Pistons as they would if Larry Brown quit to become the Knicks' head coach in the offseason? the Knicks only got back a 2nd round pick for JVG when he signed on w/Houston...i realize VG took time off in between, but does that effect the compensation factor at all?

personally, i think LB fits the Knicks needs & this team alot better than Phil Jackson & his structured system...LB & Marbury already have a good working relationship, & LB is less likely to clash w/Isiah imo.

[Edited by - TMS on 01/31/2005 11:06:26]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/31/2005  10:18 AM
Phil's system ruins PGs but it would be nice to use the zen master as an excuse for everything that goes wrong with the team
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
1/31/2005  2:44 PM
I bet we dont get either of them. This team is a mess right now - why risk your career and legacy to join a struggling NY team?

Although Riley did it - but we had Pat Ewing in the middle. We have no good big men and thats the problem here. All guards.

Even if we were 100% healthy this team is still strcturaly flawed and has been since they shipped Ewing out.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
TMS
USA
1/31/2005  3:52 PM
if we don't get either i would just as soon stick w/Herb for now, or for Isiah himself to take over...i'm not interested in any more interim coaches at this point.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/31/2005  4:29 PM
If I had to pick anyone it would have been Doc Rivers because I think he's a good teacher. The next guy would be Nate McMillian because I think he best fits our personel. I have no problem w/ Herby
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
USA
1/31/2005  4:47 PM
yeah but Doc is under contract too w/Boston...& there's no way Ainge would let him go to the Knicks w/o demanding something big in return...so you have the same situation as Larry Brown in essence, only LB is a much better coach & proven.

i'm not sure what Nate's situation is, but i'm just as good w/Herb as commanding the respect of the current players on this team as someone like Nate McMillan would...at least Herb has played in NY & has some past history here...if Nate came in & started benching star players the way he did in TOR, say w/Stephon Marbury for example, it could backfire bigtime because none of these guys have any prior history w/him at all...there wouldn't be any built up respect present for guys to respond favorably to his style of doing things...at least w/Herb you know he's been working w/these guys for the past several years & they know what he's about.
If our choices are between Phil and Larry for next year...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy