[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

MARBURY MUST BE MOVED
Author Thread
nykbasketball
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #862
USA
1/30/2005  11:06 PM
Stephon Marbury is not a leader and has no heart, when he wants to play he is great but the Knicks need a big guy, maybe Brand or Big Ben, someone who plays like the JYD.
What's Defense?
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/30/2005  11:12 PM
Big Ben's not available. If Marbury has no heart, then let's look at Brand's playoff achievements before listing him as a player to trade Marbury for
NYK3
Member: #725
USA
1/30/2005  11:26 PM
I think this perception that Marbury has no heart is totally bull****. I just think at times he gets frustrated which is very understandable giving the circumstances of the team right now. I didnt hear anyone questioning his heart when he led us back from 19 down at Philly. But now cause we're in a funk Marbury has no heart. ENOUGH WITH THIS BULLSHIT MARBURY TALK .When he is surrounded by good quality players then (and only then) if he doesnt win I will bash him. But lets wait until he has some players around him before we start to kill him.
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
NYK3
USA
1/30/2005  11:28 PM
we've been bitchin for many years now that we need a quality big man and a quality pg. Ok well we have 1 of the 2 right now so lets all be patient and hopefully we'll get a big man soon.
NYK3
USA
1/30/2005  11:41 PM
Do people call A-ROD a loser like they call Marbury?? After Marbury left NJ they got better, after A-ROD left Seattle they got better, after Marbury left Phoenix they got better, after A-ROD left Texas they got better. They are in the same situation but yet I dont hear anyone calling A-ROD a loser and A-ROD makes soooooo much money. Look at the talent A-ROD had around him on the Yanks and they couldnt win the World Series but yet look at what Marbury has around him and people still continue to hate on him and call him a loser. ITS CRAZY
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/30/2005  11:47 PM
some of the marbury hating I hear is just hillarous, I mean marbury has no heart and doesn't win, so lets trade him for a guy who has the same losing track record, actually has brand ever played in the playoffs even?

It is like saying ,man I hate my broken down 85 honda civic, so I am going to trade it in for 85 broken down nissan sentra... hey at least it is different... (rolling eyes, shaking my head)..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
1/30/2005  11:49 PM
Look Marbury is a good player.

However, he is not a max player, and not a franchise player. He is a nice support guy to a true leader, preferably a big.

His contract and the Knicks situation is just a bad combinaton.
He is in his prime, but the Knicks will not be able to give him anything to work with, nor get a true leader for him to follow and just put up his numbers.

Knicks win too many games for a good lottery pikc, don't get anywhere. Marbury wastes away his best years.

For Marbury's sake and NY's sake, a dirvoce is necessary.

Some things are just not meant to be no matter how bad everybody wants it. Marbury leadin NY to post season glory is one of them.

He is too late or too early.

Blame NY management for gettin Childs over him that year. Blame them for starphucking and destroyin any chacne of givein Marbury anything.

He is all alone out there, no coach, no system, no players, and he is just not good enough to carry a team. He is a bad defender, and genreally a bad peronality. But thats all secondary. Its just that that he and Knicks are not what either needs right now.

A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
1/30/2005  11:51 PM
yeah! marbury has lost 25 games for us, let's trade him! he sucks!
oh, and by the way, i can't believe zeke's let the payroll get so high. what was he thinking when he signed houston, spoon, and shandon to those contracts? duuhh...
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/31/2005  10:14 AM
thing w/ Marbury, is he's not the problem right now. Hate him or love him he produces every night, and over 82 games we will win the battle at PG most nights. He does get guys easy shots and garbage baskets.

This team has glaring needs, and right now guard isnt one of them. Its PF, SF and C. If we have some guys that are producing there and we still arent winning games lets revisit the Marbury issue. Until then I'm going to bother. Doesnt matter who the PG is when your getting beat in the paint every single night.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
MS
Member: #724
1/31/2005  10:32 AM
For one A-Rod and Seatle were one game away from the world series when he was playing there, and one guy can't win games unless your Barry Bonds, or a dominant pitcher.......

Texas, got a great player back, and a bunch of young talent through their farm...

He has been an All-Star nearly every year he has been in the league, and has won in the Playoffs.....

And now on to Self Proclaimed....He is not a leader he is a whinner, he complains about the talent wherever he goes, he forces himself of situations never gives it his all, and thinks he is a lot better than he is......

If the Knicks have the oppurtunity to get something in return you do it, and fast and get rebuilding under way.....Move Stephon, Ariza, and a second round pick for livingston, Wilcox, and Kittles.....That gives the Knicks a chance to get better right away and a chance for the team to start rebuilding......

They can they take the SF they lost in Ariza, Hakimm Warrick who is going to be a good rebounder in the NBA, and has more range around the basket, and is the best leaper in the country......

The Knicks then add size in the backcourt and can bring in a coach that can work with wilcox, crawford, livingston, sweetney, and perhaps warrick and sign on a couple of veterans, and let the expiring players just leaver....

Clippers get a pg, a possible two and a pick to go with simmons, brand, kayman, magette, and they keep their pick so its possible....

But Isiah is stubborn set in his ways, and probably will live an die with a player that tooo often comes up small in the closing minutes
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
1/31/2005  12:21 PM
simrud - what does the size of Marbury's contract mater to you?

Is it your money?

Or do you simply resent the fact he earns so more than you?
once a knick always a knick
nykbasketball
USA
1/31/2005  7:56 PM
I like Marbury a lot but he does not have the leadership skills to carry a team, and they could move him for a big man and mave Crawford to PG, he has great ball handling skills and he would be encouraged to drive more. Marbury is good but not a franchise calliber player
What's Defense?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/31/2005  8:12 PM
how can you carry a team with a frontline of KT/Nazr/TT?????
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
1/31/2005  8:13 PM
Exactly.....I've asked that same question earlier...

Posted by gunsnewing:

how can you carry a team with a frontline of KT/Nazr/TT?????
The true Knickabocker..........
nykbasketball
USA
1/31/2005  8:18 PM
Marbury can not carry a team, I know the Knicks have no frontcourt but look at the suns, plenty of prescense in Stoudamire and Marion, couldn't make it work, marbury dominates the ball and is not the passing PG he needs to be (like Nash, he turned that team into one of the best teams in the NBA, sure with the addition of Q-dog but look at Stoudamire's numbers, they shot up and they have the best offense).
What's Defense?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/31/2005  8:23 PM
Posted by nykbasketball:

Marbury can not carry a team, I know the Knicks have no frontcourt but look at the suns, plenty of prescense in Stoudamire and Marion, couldn't make it work, marbury dominates the ball and is not the passing PG he needs to be (like Nash, he turned that team into one of the best teams in the NBA, sure with the addition of Q-dog but look at Stoudamire's numbers, they shot up and they have the best offense).

dude, get your facts straight. When Marb was with Phoenix, both Amare and Marion were hurt for periods of time. And Marbury did almost single-handedly carry the Suns over the Spurs in the playoffs.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
1/31/2005  8:24 PM
Posted by NYK3:

I think this perception that Marbury has no heart is totally bull****. I just think at times he gets frustrated which is very understandable giving the circumstances of the team right now. I didnt hear anyone questioning his heart when he led us back from 19 down at Philly. But now cause we're in a funk Marbury has no heart. ENOUGH WITH THIS BULLSHIT MARBURY TALK .When he is surrounded by good quality players then (and only then) if he doesnt win I will bash him. But lets wait until he has some players around him before we start to kill him.

I agree. The best player he is playing with now is Jamal Crawford. Not to knock Jamal or anything, but there could be a better 1st option for Marbury to look at. lets wait untill somebody else decent can come here, then we can talk about judging Marbury
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
1/31/2005  8:25 PM
For you to come out and used the Sun as an example proved that you are a horrible judge of character.....
Do you even remember that Amare was a rookie when he played with Marb? Do you even remember that the coaching staff was way different than what they have now??? The whole team is different....

Success??? He was successful with the Suns...He single handedly took that team to the playoffs....Put talents around Marb we will be an awesome squad....Kurt is not a talent, and so is Nazr....

I said no to Kwame Brown early on, but I am leaning more and more to having him in our team since we no chance at getting anyone else.... He is a far better talent than Nazr and Kurt combined....

Posted by nykbasketball:

The true Knickabocker..........
simrud
Member: #474
USA
1/31/2005  10:04 PM
First to the retard who asked why Marbury contract bothers me:
If you knew anything about baksetball you would know of such a thing as a salary cap. You would also know that Marbury is signed way past Houston, till like 2009. You would realize that having a non franchise player signed to franshise money is bad for your FA flexibility.

Second, to those who still claim that Marbury can carry a team:
He has had 4 chacnes to do so. He has falied every time. Ofcourse those were all exceptions, and IT will deliver us from evil, blah blah blah...
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
nykbasketball
USA
1/31/2005  10:32 PM
I totally agree, dont give me this bull **** about how he hasn't had a chance to carry a team. What do you call the suns, not a team. They had Marion and Stoudamire, two studs. Yes they were injured but they didn't miss the whole season and they still lost. Every time marbury leaves a team becomes awesome, NJ, PHOENIX, SA.
What's Defense?
MARBURY MUST BE MOVED

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy