[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Looking in the wrong direction
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
3/9/2002  7:20 PM
I'm kind of sick of all this Ming talk when I don't even think he's going to be a "franchise" player. I think he'll adapt and become a good player, maybe an all-star here or there, but never a Shaq, never a Kobe, never a guy that in the clutch you can say, here you go Yao and have him score and not a guy who can carry you. I think everyone has looked past this Don Chaney extension to what it translates to, if the Knicks can continue their awfulness for one more year, they might be able to get 20 wins. That would be good for the Knicks and what I think Dolan and Layden both want because everyone from David Aldridge to Ric Bucher to any basketball analyst is saying that the best basketball player that is coming out is... LeBron James. He is a high-school junior who has already been on the cover of Sports Illustrated. A 6 ft. 7 2-guard who sees the floor like Magic Johnson. Now, before one of you was making a comparison of Ming and compared him to Nowitzki and someone else while James is being compared to Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan rolled up into one. Come on. Quite possibly the two best players in the game rolled into one. He is as big of a gamble as Ming, but I think next year with this lineup we might be able to go 20-62 and win the lotto.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
3/10/2002  5:14 AM
Well if he's really that good we should watch out for other teams trying to "tank it" to get the first pick..-)
prowler
Member: #135
USA
3/10/2002  9:26 PM
I think we should honestly look at Gooden or Wilcox preferably Gooden. Tell me what are your feelings on this topic? I feel that since we are not playing so well with our starters we should give our reserves some quality minutes to see what they have. I would like to see Eisley, Postell, and Harrington get some increased minutes in real game situations not blowouts. I watched the Lakers game just a second ago and it disturbed me greatly to see Spree carrying the team when he sick and injured. Also Dirty Kurt you have to commend his effort. Personally I think we may have player in Postell if i am wrong then i will admit but i would cetainly like to see him in some real time game action.

Your thoughs?
knicker for life
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/11/2002  12:44 AM
Posted by prowler:

I think we should honestly look at Gooden or Wilcox preferably Gooden. Tell me what are your feelings on this topic? I feel that since we are not playing so well with our starters we should give our reserves some quality minutes to see what they have. I would like to see Eisley, Postell, and Harrington get some increased minutes in real game situations not blowouts. I watched the Lakers game just a second ago and it disturbed me greatly to see Spree carrying the team when he sick and injured. Also Dirty Kurt you have to commend his effort. Personally I think we may have player in Postell if i am wrong then i will admit but i would cetainly like to see him in some real time game action.

Your thoughs?
We gotta let Postell play, but over Anderson?! We can't do that, and I'm sure Postell isn't as good as Anderson.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
3/11/2002  12:58 AM
I think they should give Anderson alot more playing time. Perhaps if he performs well we could trade him for a pick after this season is over?

Thoughts?
Looking in the wrong direction

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy