Front Court: (KT deserves to stay)
Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/31/2005  2:38 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I agree we need defense first. That's why Kurt has to go.

Stats aside- everyone says defense is effort. KT gives it.

Kt doesnt help like Camby helps or Ben helps or Duncan helps or any other premier defender in the NBA. KT's defense help or otherwise does not impact how the other team plays, plain and simple. He's not Artest or KMart or any other guy that other teams actually have to plan against.

Its great we're comparing KT to all stars.

He isn't and never will be. The players you mentioned are rare.

Why not compare him to Blount/LaFrentz, the team that's in 1st place in our division- who do they have play the 4? is it LaFrentz?

And KT wouldn't be forced to play so much help d if the perimeter players actually knew how to play d.

AUTOADVERT
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
1/31/2005  8:31 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Kt doesnt help like Camby helps or Ben helps or Duncan helps or any other premier defender in the NBA. KT's defense help or otherwise does not impact how the other team plays, plain and simple. He's not Artest or KMart or any other guy that other teams actually have to plan against.

Have I mentioned he turns 33 this year? How long should we lose with him? Till he's 35? 37?

KT's defense doesnt impact a game like Marbury or Crawford's offense can. As far as D both of those guys get steals and can disruptive. They are just inconsistant right now.

Steals are a statistic that means almost nothing. You find some great defenders that get a lot of steals and some terrible defenders that get a lot of steals.

As far as KTs defense I was not comparing him to a premier defender I was responding to someone that said he was worse then JYD and Sweeney - that's hardely the same thing. If we could trade KT for Ben or Duncan or anyone that would make us better - fine. But if you're going to talk about this teams lack of defense - KT pretty close to the last guy to start with. TT, Marbury, Craw, Sweeney, Naz, Moochie are all worse then KT on D and though I like JYDs and AZIZ because they try JYD is no better and I think in most PF matchups worse then KT and AZIZ is going to have to learn the league before I'd consider him better. So why is KT taking the brunt of the criticism?
OldFan
Member: #446
1/31/2005  8:31 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Have I mentioned he turns 33 this year? How long should we lose with him? Till he's 35? 37?

KT's defense doesnt impact a game like Marbury or Crawford's offense can. As far as D both of those guys get steals and can disruptive. They are just inconsistant right now.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
1/31/2005  8:37 PM
Kurt as our best defender????? All you who think that Kurt is a good defender, you all need to go and get your heads checked....If he was that good, our team wouldn't have been as bad defensively....
The true Knickabocker..........
simrud
Member: #474
USA
1/31/2005  10:18 PM
How about you go and get yoru eyes checked or maybe, just mabye watch an actual Knick game. I know it ugly and for most of the time it makes you wanan puke, but just give it a try. Then come back and tell me that KT is the reason our defense sucks.

How about your boy TT when he is out there being one of worst defensive 3's in the world? How about you boy Marbury and your boy Craw not being able to keep a snale in front of them?

How about your other favorite Mohammed, gettin cought with a player behind him every other time down court?

How about the fact that there are 3 gusy out there with KT out there who are up there as the WORST DEFENDERS IN THE LEAGUE????

How about that the other one is ROOK WHO JUST DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO PLAY INDIVIDUAL DEFENSE YET????

A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Front Court: (KT deserves to stay)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy