[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Front Court: (KT deserves to stay)
Author Thread
Michael6835
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #828
1/28/2005  9:42 PM
Here is how I see it, the problem is not KT, if we were going to upgrade we should be looking at getting a nice center. Nazr as good of a season as he is having he is no good. I think we need a good solid Ben Wallace type center, maybe Mutombo like; someone who patrols the paint and blocks shots. Here is why I like KT, he plays great low-post defense, sets good pics, rebounds well, and can shoot the 17 footer on a consistent basis. Here is why Nazr sucks, foul trouble, lack of post play, cant shoot, and lack of defense. He scores alot on put backs thats it. I think Sweets deserves more minutes and the lineup should be KT at center, Sweets, Ariza, Crawford, Marbury. In the east you can get away with that. Nazr is a backup center at best. Sweets would be our post up guy, KT would be our shooter from the weak side with double teams that Sweets will get. Ariza will be the slasher that he is and marb and craw will be what they are now
comments ?
M
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/28/2005  9:44 PM
can kurt play great low post defense? can he hit the 17footer consistently?
Michael6835
1/29/2005  3:53 PM
he has been doing so all season, with a few off nights but for the most part he has been on...
M
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/29/2005  4:01 PM
Kurt has gotta go. Nazzy is still only like 28. The game Nazzy plays is a big part of what we need, he crashes the boards on both sides. His defense isnt the best, but hey he fills a role for us. Kurt plays away from the basket and can only guard a big if he is posted up on him.

We really don't need a PF whos ONLY scoring comes from 18 footers. Thats ridiculous. He has got to go. His perimeter defense sucks and his help in the lane is among THE worst I have ever seen. He doesn't jump, intimidate, alter, or in any way affect an opposing player from driving all the way tp the basket.

We need youth and athleticism. He has got to go. You guys are crazy.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/29/2005  4:23 PM
KT is over 30 and his value will never be higher. This team isn't winning anything now. Time to go.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/29/2005  4:26 PM
we're not going anywhere with Kurt thomas or Nazr, we need an entire new frontline. It's the number 1 problem, it's not even a question.
I brought it up and its been repeated about how KT gets to the line with the frequency of a back up PG. He's always getting outscored, people play over his head. Go play next to Tim Duncan, thats a great spot for his skills. Nazr is really a back up player. If he was a back up on the hawks, he's back up here. Yeah he has his games, but like any good team, guys have to give consistent results and he cant do it.
RIP Crushalot😞
simrud
Member: #474
USA
1/29/2005  5:36 PM
KT is a great help defender. He helps every horrible Knick defender out there.

I have been sepcifically watching KT on defense, and almost every playhe ends up guarding 2-3 other players.

Like last game, he had to show to help out Marbury on the perimeter, then had to rush back to contest shot by Tractor, finally he ended up out of position and Gooden got the rebond and 2 ft's. On the play KT saved open looks tice, once for Marbury, and once for Sweetney. After, nobody bothered to pick and block out Gooden. Gooden scores. Apparently thats Kurt's fault now.

He can't jump, yet he still get over a block a game. He is a very good midrange shooter when open. He is the only guy on this team that can actually set a pick w/out gettin called for an offensive faul.

Mohammed on the ohter hand is a garbage player, all he can do is make layups and point blank shots. Thats more then a lot of stiffs out there, but thats not exactly enough for a guy who plays no D and has no touch outside of 5 feet.

There is nothing wrong with trading KT for a 1st round pick, or benching him in favor of Sweetney, but to blame him for all the Knicks's problems is retarded.

If you would play him at C and Sweetney at PF we would be so much better. KT is the best C on this team, just like he was for the last 3 years. Mohammed is a joke and yet another testament to our GM's talent evaluation skills.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Michael6835
1/31/2005  12:40 AM
thank you simrud
at least one person is watching the games with a realistic eye. People want youth at every position, it just doesnt happen. Sweetney will be good once he learns how to stay in the game. foul prone, he always gets called for a foul when setting a pick sometimes twice in one game. also on help defense he flare to far. In the east kt at center and sweets at the 4 will work.
Also to those people who say Kt perimeter defense is bad, i ask you what big man in the league has good perimeter defense. Of course excluding the usual suspects like KG and TD and the others. I cant think of any one that can guard Dirk or TD. Thats when team defense has to come into play, thats where jyd comes into play. KT is one of the best low post defenders, just look at him during the games, he bangs hard, so what if he is 30 plus, a team needs veteran leadership
M
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/31/2005  12:56 AM
and i also see every PF go right around and all he does is put his hands up and doesnt move. his help defense is obviously not working either. he'd be great next to a big who can score and block shots like duncan an d shaq. then his help defense will be effective along with his only offensive strength,. shooting
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/31/2005  10:08 AM
is KT a part of this team for the next 5 years? Does anyone see us becoming an elite team w/ KT as our starting PF? This is just a case of trade high. We should aim to get young at every position. KT plays very hard every night, but we just need more. Anyone that cant see that isnt watching. We get outscored every night there. we need a PF that camps out under the basket. The conversation is old. What is KT's solid play producing? His #s are painfully average among starting PFs in the league and its not like he's making other guys better. Please get over him... PLEASE
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/31/2005  11:06 AM
we could use an upgrade at all three front court positions and I am beginning to think in the back court too.

The one thing that KT has over Marbury?

He tries on defense.

The one thing that KT has over TT?

He knows how to grab rebounds.

The one thing KT has over Crawford?

He consistently hits outside shots.

The one thing KT has over Houston?

He's out on the court still.

For all of his limitations, KT is not the problem with the team.

Would we be better with Amare?

Absolutely.

But, would we also not be better with LeBron than Marbury or Crawford or, possibly both?

Probably.

Trade KT if you can, play Sweets more- let him foul out of every game if need be.

But don't blame KT for the record of this team. He is one of the few knicks that exerts effort every night.

And I'd rather watch 5 KTs busting their butts every night than 5 Marbury's or Crawfords who take a break on the defensive end.
fishmike
USA
1/31/2005  11:31 AM
And I'd rather watch 5 KTs busting their butts every night than 5 Marbury's or Crawfords who take a break on the defensive end.
you have watched it for 4 years now. Still want more? Myself I would rather watching players with talent play well together and win games. Marbury and Crawford could be part of that team. KT is 31 and gets out played every night, but he really works hard while he's getting outplayed, so its ok.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/31/2005  11:44 AM
Posted by fishmike:

KT is 31 and gets out played every night, but he really works hard while he's getting outplayed, so its ok.

Glad to see you agree

Actually, Crawford and Marbury get outplayed at times but for different reasons-

KT is outplayed because he has limited gifts.

Crawford and Marbury get outplayed because they don't try on defense.

Why is it that everyone hates TT? He's got great gifts and talents but no heart.

KT has heart.

Do I see KT as part of a championship Knick team?
As a back up in 5 years after Ariza turns into a star, Sweetney develops into a stud and we draft the next LeBron or Amare- I could see that.

I am not saying KT is the answer- maybe he doesn't stop the opposing 4, but Marbs and Craw don't stop their guys either.

The difference? KT tries and I appreciate the effort.
fishmike
USA
1/31/2005  11:55 AM
the thing is TT does nothing. KT plays hard but his effectiveness is incredibily overrated. Crawford and Marbury at least produce on most nights and its fair to say in a better system their talents could contribute to winning basketball.

Its not about bashing KT.. he's got a set of skills, we just need more. At the worst a younger less effective player will have more value moving forward.
Michael6835
1/31/2005  1:10 PM
the problem is everyone wants to build an all-star team with "great" players at each position. thats not the NBA, save that for NBA Live.
you guys kill me with his lack of defense, not to compare him to oakley cause he's not....but, Oak couldnt guard the perimter forwards either. I see we need a couple of players young big men, (like who)
upgrade the center position, if KT is the problem, then start sweetney and have him come off the bench or move him to center, where he wouldnt have to guard the atheletic PFs. We will then be saying the same thing about sweetney, because sweetney cant defend the perimeter to save his life. But its ok because he is young. You need a team with a balance and having all atheletic players at every position is not practical in the NBA.
im curious, who do you think the knicks can realistically get at the 4 or 5....
M
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/31/2005  1:44 PM
I agree we need defense first. That's why Kurt has to go. Because he has such slow feet, he's our worst man to man defender at PF out him, Sweetney, and JYD. When PFs shoot 51% and Cs 59% against you, you know you have horrible man to man defense. I'd rather split the minutes evenly between JYD and Sweetney and get a half decent young player for Kurt while we still can. Maybe it's not impossible to also get a late 1st rd pick for him, but I don't expect it.
OldFan
Member: #446
1/31/2005  1:48 PM
Posted by fishmike:

the thing is TT does nothing. KT plays hard but his effectiveness is incredibily overrated. Crawford and Marbury at least produce on most nights and its fair to say in a better system their talents could contribute to winning basketball.

Its not about bashing KT.. he's got a set of skills, we just need more. At the worst a younger less effective player will have more value moving forward.

Craw and Marbury are consistently ineffective on defense. And thought their strengths would indicate they could contribute to a winning team - their weaknesses would indicate they have a ways to go. That holds much more for crawford then Marbury - but neither has done much to conribute to a winning team yet.
OldFan
1/31/2005  1:49 PM
Posted by fishmike:

OldFan
1/31/2005  1:53 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I agree we need defense first. That's why Kurt has to go. Because he has such slow feet, he's our worst man to man defender at PF out him, Sweetney, and JYD. When PFs shoot 51% and Cs 59% against you, you know you have horrible man to man defense. I'd rather split the minutes evenly between JYD and Sweetney and get a half decent young player for Kurt while we still can. Maybe it's not impossible to also get a late 1st rd pick for him, but I don't expect it.

If you help and your team doesn't - the player you cover will score more. Your helping probably still makes your team better - but makes you look worse. KT is our BEST defender at PF and apparently most professional evaluators agree. That is why chaney, wilkins and williams continue to play him and why he has value as a tradable commodity.
fishmike
USA
1/31/2005  2:22 PM
Kt doesnt help like Camby helps or Ben helps or Duncan helps or any other premier defender in the NBA. KT's defense help or otherwise does not impact how the other team plays, plain and simple. He's not Artest or KMart or any other guy that other teams actually have to plan against.

Have I mentioned he turns 33 this year? How long should we lose with him? Till he's 35? 37?

KT's defense doesnt impact a game like Marbury or Crawford's offense can. As far as D both of those guys get steals and can disruptive. They are just inconsistant right now.
Front Court: (KT deserves to stay)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy