[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sean Williams F 6-11 235 C Boston College
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/28/2005  2:50 PM
I noticed him in games against Uconn and Providence, but I never heard of him before. He wasnt in the top 150 rivals recruits, and I hand't heard a peep about him unti I saw him play. hess raw, very much like Dalembart at Seton Hall, but this kid has a more muscular body and looks like an athlete running the fllor like a dear. The thing I noticed was him giving Ryan Gomes Josh Boone and CV troubles shooting around him, he would either block their shots or alter them while he was in there. On offense he was jamming the offensive boards for put backs and had one nasty step in and jam move, but basically a garbage man at this point.

Here is his game against Providence

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/recap?gid=200501080058
and I found this looking around, comments from Bob Knight and Pat Riley in this article

Pat Riley and Bob Knight have compared his shot-blocking instincts to that of Hall of Famer Bill Russell.

He is 6-10 and still growing. He's a freshman who turned 18 in September, and now he is playing a prominent role for the 15-0, No. 9-ranked Boston College Eagles.

So how is it that Sean Williams played his senior season at Mansfield High School in virtual anonymity, largely overlooked by recruiting services and media outlets?

"He kind of came out of nowhere," Mansfield assistant coach Marchie Murdock said. "Before his senior year, he figured out how to control his body. All of a sudden, they [recruiters] started coming out of the woodwork."

Williams played only one season of varsity basketball at Mansfield. He had to play on the JV team as a junior after transferring from Kennedale, where he played in only two games a sophomore.

He is averaging 4.8 points and 4.3 rebounds for Boston College, but statistics are not the reason he's already drawing notice from NBA scouts.

It's his potential. His exceptionally long arms. The fact that he not only leaps high and quickly, but with sixth-sense timing.

"The Eraser," BC junior forward Craig Smith calls Williams. Sophomore Jared Dudley, who scored 36 points in the Eagles' one-point win over Villanova on Wednesday, calls Williams a "a huge contributor" in the team's rise. BC was unranked as recently as Jan. 2.

Williams has 32 blocks in the 12 games in which he has played, two more than BC's team leader had all of last season.

Against UCLA on Dec. 5 in Anaheim, Calif., Williams was credited with four blocks in 23 minutes. But on videotape, BC coaches counted four additional blocks, plus three traveling violations caused by Williams.

That was the game from which Riley, the Miami Heat president, walked away shaking his head, telling Boston College coaches he hadn't seen a shot blocker like Williams since Russell. Knight told Mansfield coaches the same thing after attending a practice last season.

"To his credit, a lot of people have attacked him, and he's been able to make plays without creating fouls," Boston College coach Al Skinner said.

Though Williams isn't a polished offensive player, there have been glimpses of potential there, too. In back-to-back victories over Big East rivals Connecticut and Providence, he averaged 12 points, eight rebounds and three blocks.

The only blips in his season are that he has been suspended on two occasions, for a total of three games, for violating team rules. Even though Skinner won't say what happened, he points out that Williams is a good kid and student. He made 1,300 on his SAT.

"He's habitually late," notes Murdock. "I bet that's what it was."

Williams told Boston reporters that he once blocked 21 shots in a high school game on his way to earning District 4-5A Defensive Player of the Year honors

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/28/2005  3:11 PM
this guy sounds worthwhile. sounds like he'll probably go mid to late first round. If we end up winning the division, not a bad first round pick. If we finish in the lotto, I'd still rate Boone and Warrick ahead of him.
¿ △ ?
Sean Williams F 6-11 235 C Boston College

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy