[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

scalabrine on stephon - next on oprah!!!
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/27/2005  2:09 PM
this is courtesy of a post from another board

this is from brian scalabrine on the radio

Q) The host, whoever it was, asked him "Since Jason is your point guard and your teams reside in the same area, what did you and your teammates think about Marbury's 'I'm the best PG' comments?"

A) The white boy laid into Steph pretty good. Basically sayin, "Look all of us would run through a wall for Jason. He's our leader and we believe in him. If something goes wrong we have his back and vice versa. While I dont think the Knicks have Steph's back. Things get around, and we hear things too. Now Im not in their locker room so I dont really know what's going on, but from what other players have told me, especially recently, about him aint too great. With Jason we never have that problem, and never will. Hes a great guy and Im proud to call him my teammate and my friend. Im not too sure the same can be said about Stephon."
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/27/2005  2:16 PM
its too bad Nash is the best PG in the league and unlike Jsson he can shoot and doesn't beat up women
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/27/2005  2:16 PM
I could see that. Marbury has great talent but he doesnt strike me as a cuddley guy. I see him chewing our Nazr about 3 times a game (usually when he gets beat off the dribble and Nazr isnt there to help). My favorite quote was when Berman or someone wrote about how Marbury looks like he swallowed rotten milk everytime one of TT's shots bricks off the rim.

It cant be the best clubhouse right now. you figure Crawford and Marbury are Isiah's guys and aside from that everyone else is just a chip or trade fodder at some point. That wouldnt endear me to him either.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/27/2005  2:28 PM
Trusting and playing for a certain coach, or team leader is very important.

Steph has not earned that kind of reverence from his players.

Isiah did in his day. We can only hope that Steph can learn to become that kind of guy.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/27/2005  2:37 PM
if this is true, and like others suggested, then this is all the more reason to move him to SG.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/27/2005  2:40 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

its too bad Nash is the best PG in the league and unlike Jsson he can shoot and doesn't beat up women

Amen haha.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/27/2005  4:57 PM
When Marbury put up 30pts vs Orlando & Minn and we won they were saying he is playing like an MVP and he won player of the week. He declares himself the best PG. And continues to put up great #s but we go on a serious losing streak now he is a ball hog. This probably has nothing to do with the post but it came across my mind so I figured I would stick it in the first anti Marbury post I came across.

Hey Jordan might have been the worst teammate you could possibly have. Every mistake he was on your ass. And he belittled everyone who didn't play up to his level. Also labled a ball hog. I mean he called Kwame Brown a fagget or something to that nature. Now Marbury is no where near the level of player Jordan was. But just something to think about. When this team gets more talent they will be successful then every little thing won't be so microanalyzed into a huge deal. Players should play there ass of because that what they get paid to do.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/27/2005  5:08 PM
Maybe Marbury is just an ******* and none of his teamates like him likes him?

What radio host did::) "The white boy laid into Steph pretty good."

Why do we have to have to defend Marbs so much. All great players, including ewing had their detractors. Ewing was definatly an ass at times, but he was still a great player and was paid, and respected for his talents first. His personality was never imoportant.

Marbs comes off as a huge ****y self confident arrogant ass at times. MOst of the great ones do.

If Kidds teamates will run thru walls, well good for them. I respect Kidds game.

I would hope Marbs learns that "all alone" don't get you know where, and the "I" in team will not make you a championship point guard.

newyorknewyork
1/27/2005  5:32 PM
You don't have to defend Marbury I just choose to.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/27/2005  6:07 PM
All these Marbury stories are starting to make me nervous. I used to ignore all those articles about Marbury's tirades in lockers rooms but I dont doubt them anymore. There was a story in a Phoenix newspaper a few years ago that Marbury had an argument with Amare. I dont remember exactly what it was but maybe Marbury has a problem getting along with people off the court which is affects his team mates on the court. This is why all these stories come up in newspapers.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/27/2005  6:20 PM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

When Marbury put up 30pts vs Orlando & Minn and we won they were saying he is playing like an MVP and he won player of the week. He declares himself the best PG. And continues to put up great #s but we go on a serious losing streak now he is a ball hog. This probably has nothing to do with the post but it came across my mind so I figured I would stick it in the first anti Marbury post I came across.

Hey Jordan might have been the worst teammate you could possibly have. Every mistake he was on your ass. And he belittled everyone who didn't play up to his level. Also labled a ball hog. I mean he called Kwame Brown a fagget or something to that nature. Now Marbury is no where near the level of player Jordan was. But just something to think about. When this team gets more talent they will be successful then every little thing won't be so microanalyzed into a huge deal. Players should play there ass of because that what they get paid to do.

Nice post.....I agree with everything.

I would like to know who doesn't like Marbs on that team, wouldn't you?
Would it be KT who lives by all the passes Marbs gives him?
Nazr lives off of Marbs too....
Ariza seems to be under Marbs wing, cuz whenever you see Ariza he is chatting with Marbs on the court about the game.

Is it JYD? He always stresses how the whole team has to want to play defense......is he getting at Marbs?

If it's Timmy it would make no sense cuz he has been terrible all by himself.....besides how could he befriend anyone on NJ?

Is it Penny calling Kidd and talking stuff?

Who cares really cuz it's all bullshyte......

Good post.....Marbs has been in the dog house since he came in the league....the media is praying for him to really mess up especially off the court.

My thing is get a team around Marbs and you won't here any of this talk.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
MX25
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #555
USA
1/27/2005  7:48 PM
Kidd is best pg in NBA. He may not have the best jumper in NBA (pls who cares? pg is supposed to pass first anyway) but man oh man when he's on court all 4 guys run and play harder with him and the guy rebounds like most power forward.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/27/2005  9:01 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

I am praying that you are right. I want it to happen soon and I want to see it not just to shut the Marbury critics up, but I want to stop worrying about Marbury.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/27/2005  11:28 PM
That's true. When you have a guy in his mid 20s who's a great scoring threat and led the NBA in total assists last year, that's the kind of guy you want to build a team with.
NYK3
Member: #725
USA
1/27/2005  11:31 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
That's true. When you have a guy in his mid 20s who's a great scoring threat and led the NBA in total assists last year, that's the kind of guy you want to build a team with.
EXACTLY, and everyone's saying Nash this and Nash that but c'mon put Nash on our team and Im sure we would still have the same record (maybe even worse).
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
1/27/2005  11:44 PM
And why would anyone watch OPRAH anyway???
newyorknewyork
1/28/2005  12:22 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Maybe Marbury is just an ******* and none of his teamates like him likes him?

What radio host did::) "The white boy laid into Steph pretty good."

Why do we have to have to defend Marbs so much. All great players, including ewing had their detractors. Ewing was definatly an ass at times, but he was still a great player and was paid, and respected for his talents first. His personality was never imoportant.

Marbs comes off as a huge ****y self confident arrogant ass at times. MOst of the great ones do.

If Kidds teamates will run thru walls, well good for them. I respect Kidds game.

I would hope Marbs learns that "all alone" don't get you know where, and the "I" in team will not make you a championship point guard.

I won't lie. I didn't even read your whole post before I responded. But you brought up some solid points. The all alone was towards managment though not his teammates. Thats what got him traded from NJ. Every yr they put garbage around him and with the players that were good they got injured. But yea he isn't the model player. I do feel that everyone is coming at him making a bigger deal with his comment than there should be. The guy gets beat up in games then gets beat up in the paper and the radio and TV.

He looked cool with Stoudemire during the suns game at half time when they had like a 5min conversation and Marbury had the biggest Kool-aid smile i ever seen him have. Even after Stoud said in the paper the day before how Nash makes everything easier than Marbury. I guess thats what they were talking about.
scalabrine on stephon - next on oprah!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy