[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Where we go from here
Author Thread
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
1/27/2005  1:13 PM
It's pretty clear that this team is going now where this year (though I'm still hoping for a miracle). What I would like is
1) Isiah sit tight and not make any drastic changes.
2) Herb do his best to try to implement a defensive work ethic and system and settle on a rotation of eight key players.

My reason for number 1 is unless someone is even more desperate then the Knicks we're in a weak trading position. Your talent always looks worse when you're losing and the league realizes that change for the sake of change is always a temptation when you're losing.

Herb is in a very difficult situation taking over a team that is spiraling downward with lame duck status during an NBA season that allows little time for practices. I think it will be very difficult to effectively install a good defensive system but if he could get a core group of players at least concentrating on defense he will have done a great job.

My core group would be: NAZ, KT, Ariz, Craw, Marbury, JYD, Sweeney and Brewer - but I think the most important point is just to pick a core. Although I too would sometimes get frustrated with JVG and Riley for playing such a short rotation - seeing this team play really reinforces the value of players knowing their roles.

If you stick to using Naz, KT and Sweeney (and occassionally) JYD at the 4 and 5 - Sweeney will get plenty of PT even if he doesn't start. If TT is set down there are plenty of minutes for AZIZ also. But summarizing my key points are
-Isiah should sit tight unless he gets the proverbial offer he can't refuse
-If herb can decide on a rotation and get this team even a little interested in defense it will be a good first step.
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
1/27/2005  1:29 PM
We really need to go with Sweetney....the future.
The true Knickabocker..........
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/27/2005  7:12 PM
I would add Vinny and TT to that rotation. Vinny has had some great weakside blocks this season and I think he can give us some decent minutes each game. TT can shoot and had started to play better defense. He is worth something to this team even as bad as he has been playing.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/27/2005  7:16 PM
good post OldFan. I like your points and the one I agree with the most is #1. I really think Isiah should just sit tight and not make too many changes till the offseason. We dont need another panic move that digs us a deeper hole.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/27/2005  7:20 PM
I don't think he can add any salary committments to this team, e.g., Webber. Cablevision is, lets remember, a business, and their pockets, though deep, are not endless.

I've got to imagine that any trade he makes is into a sellers market- i.e., someone contending called him and said- how much for KT.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/27/2005  7:27 PM
I can't imagine many of those calls are coming in. Why else would he still be here?
Where we go from here

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy