[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What's so special?
Author Thread
BernardKing030
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #225
USA
3/9/2002  2:16 AM
Ok, I'm tired of arguing about Ming's ability with everyone. So I'm posting this once and for all. All those who are fans of Ming, please tell me what are his "skills", where did you get this info from, and why you thikn he will be the first 7'6" center to actually work in the NBA. (And don't just say he has more skill than the others. Explain!)
However, I happen to believe that all this is hearsay, and hes just another 7'6" Mhuresan...if you agree with me, post and explain why you think why he won't work out in the NBA, cuz I just don't get it. What's so special about Ming?
I am the King, and I will RULE you!
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
3/9/2002  4:55 AM
I'm not a fan of Ming but he's not a

Mhuresan, who had a disease which meant he kept on growing and ultimately destroying him as well

Bradley, where Bradley has never shown himself to be a player only the potential too. Ming is accustomed to his body in the few games I've seen.

Manute, he had such a one dimensional game that it didn't even had to do with length just lack of an offensive skill.

Yao Ming is a talented player, who should fit better in as a ridiculously tall SF. He runs the floor like a guard and loves the showtime dunks, he's like a mix between Darius Miles & Marcus Camby + a few inches. DO I WANT HIM TO BE A KNICK?

NO

Eventhough we couldn't pass him up with our draft pick if he came by we have the following reasons NOT to want Ming

-political hassle with the Chinese Army, amidst a rebuild who needs that?
-it's hard to fully evaluate his talent from the league wherein he plays
-there hasn't been one player in the entire history of the game that has been extremely tall and could endure the wear and tear of an NBA season.
-it will take quite long for him to adjust to the cultural difference and learn the offensive and defensive plays. I just hope he'll learn to speak english GOOD very soon for his own sake.

There's no need to be anti-Ming as he's truly a gifted player but I'd rather have Chris Wilcox or Drew Gooden.
BernardKing030
USA
3/9/2002  9:34 AM
Once again...is this all just from hearsay? how do you know he's so telented, from watching him play YMCA caliber playas?
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
3/9/2002  11:31 AM
olympic games for one, saw a few summaries of the asia games as well. I don't live in the states so I see alot of different games then you do (and not enough NBA gamnes to my liking).

So yes, he really is talented and it shows. Would like to see him workout with fellow draftees first and still wouldn't take him if it were up to me due to the points I've mentioned above.
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
3/9/2002  2:22 PM
NO MING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
J-WILL PLEASE
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/9/2002  3:27 PM
My thoughts on Yao Ming are i obviously like him a lot. Whats not to like about him? He's big, quick, and talented. He has the athletism Pau Gasol has, but the skills Arvydas Sabonas has when talking about centers with passing and shooting ability. Not only that, but he's that much bigger than both of them. I think players like Drew Gooden and Chris Wilcox are more proven, but they will only be so good while the potential Ming has is unheard of. I still like Wilcox and Gooden, but if Ming is there, you can't pass him up.
Starks3
USA
3/9/2002  4:12 PM
Mings knees will give out faster then Ewings did
I give him 3 years in the NBA then he is a career backup or retired
BernardKing030
USA
3/9/2002  5:14 PM
Yeah...

Ming's Potential 2002 = Alex Escobar's Potential 1997

Ming's future 2004 = Alex Escobar's future 2002

So this "unheard of potential" doesnt mean crap...potential never won anybody anything...look back at Olowakandi...this is exactly what they were saying about him.
Knixkik
USA
3/9/2002  5:34 PM
Posted by BernardKing030:

Yeah...

Ming's Potential 2002 = Alex Escobar's Potential 1997

Ming's future 2004 = Alex Escobar's future 2002

So this "unheard of potential" doesnt mean crap...potential never won anybody anything...look back at Olowakandi...this is exactly what they were saying about him.
Yeah and Olowankandi still turned out to be pretty decent though disappointing for where he was drafted. Now add 6 inches to Olowankadi and thats about the worst thing Ming could be.
Starks3
USA
3/9/2002  5:38 PM
Yeah and Olowankandi still turned out to be pretty decent though disappointing for where he was drafted. Now add 6 inches to Olowankadi and thats about the worst thing Ming could be.
Who has a better chance of getting us to a championship?
Ming
or j-will???
so if u think ming is just as good as olowankandi and the clippers are easily are better team then the knicks, are they goign to win a title????
NO
answer is J-will!
Knixkik
USA
3/9/2002  5:43 PM
Posted by Starks3:
Who has a better chance of getting us to a championship?
Ming
or j-will???
so if u think ming is just as good as olowankandi and the clippers are easily are better team then the knicks, are they goign to win a title????
NO
answer is J-will!
Forget about Williams because we won't get him. In theory we probably wouldn't have a chance at Ming either, but the only reason we do is because of the conditions China may ask for when allowing him to enter the draft.
What's so special?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy