[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Penny or Ariza?????????????????
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
1/26/2005  8:51 PM
I read that Isiah may be looking to bring Penny back from his exile. Should he start at the SF position or what????Ariza is in there and he has played fairly well.....
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/26/2005  8:54 PM
Penny definitely. Still the same big minutes but I would star penny.
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
1/26/2005  8:57 PM
I'd give penny his minutes just to make sure his trade value doesn't slump too low. But priority goes to ariza of course
http://allknicks.com
diderotn
USA
1/26/2005  8:58 PM
I like Penny on the court as our starter also. Here is another question for all of the good fans, do you think that our frontcourt needs a makeover??????????mainly PF and Center position. If yes, which one of the two would much rather change?????
diderotn
USA
1/26/2005  8:59 PM

Don't be surprise to see Penny flourishing under Williams. He is a vet after all....

Posted by teslawlo:

I'd give penny his minutes just to make sure his trade value doesn't slump too low. But priority goes to ariza of course
simrud
Member: #474
USA
1/26/2005  9:01 PM
Penny is key, since he was gone, the team spontaneosly combusted.

Seriosly though, I think that was the beginnin of the end, Penny's outburst wast the sound of the bent wood snapping. Too much pressure was put on the team, they simpy collapsed under the weigt of the hype that Thomas has created.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
diderotn
USA
1/26/2005  9:04 PM
I think that Lenny had a lot to do with what had happened to our team...He was consistantly using TT while he wasn't given us anything to work with while Penny was on the bench rotting....Penny should have been promoted during that period to SG because he deserved it....Lenny's rotation was the worst I have seen, there was no reason why Vinny and Penny didn't get any playing time, especially when you have guys that are badly strugling

Posted by simrud:

Penny is key, since he was gone, the team spontaneosly combusted.

Seriosly though, I think that was the beginnin of the end, Penny's outburst wast the sound of the bent wood snapping. Too much pressure was put on the team, they simpy collapsed under the weigt of the hype that Thomas has created.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/26/2005  9:05 PM
is this is serious question?

ariza has started 2 games and in one of them put up 20/11. 4 games ago he put up similar #'s in chicago. penny, ON HIS BEST DAY, can't put up those type of #'s now.

you made the move to ariza, his play dictates that he stays in the lineup.

penny is gone next year, as is tim. no alliances, no ties, no need to pump up their value b/c they both suck. start and play ariza.
diderotn
USA
1/26/2005  9:06 PM
YOu have made a very valid point.....therefore the same should be said for Kurt

Posted by djsunyc:

ariza has started 2 games and in one of them put up 20/11. 4 games ago he put up similar #'s in chicago. penny, ON HIS BEST DAY, can't put up those type of #'s now.

penny is gone next year, as is tim. no alliances, no ties, no need to pump up their value b/c they both suck. start and play ariza.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/26/2005  9:09 PM
Posted by diderotn:

YOu have made a very valid point.....therefore the same should be said for Kurt

Posted by djsunyc:

that's why kurt is still starting. he's been putting up good #'s this year and you can't bench him b/c of his play. if you bench him, it's b/c of a pure youth movement. if anything, you move kurt to C and start sweetney. as long as sweets gets 30 mins a night, that's all that matters.

starting penny does absolutely nothing for us, now, long-term, nothing.
diderotn
USA
1/26/2005  9:17 PM
Nazr's early success this season has truly messed things up for us...all throughout training camp the idea was to play both Kurt and Sweet together this season, but Nazr destroyed that theory....Therefore we have a problem....I don't know what to say, because when you least expect it that is when Nazr comes in and play big....He still doesn't have a post game, but he provides a little something that we need, slight shot blocking ability.....Kurt and Sweetney are about the same hight, therefore having both of them on the court together would definitely be a bad thing for our front court.....regardless of how we look at it, one of the two will have to be let go or bring off of the bench.....something has to be donnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/26/2005  9:17 PM
I had the same reaction is this serious? Penny is beyond washed up. He's beyond salvage at this point.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/26/2005  9:22 PM
WTF? Anfernee should rot with the corpse of Elvis
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/26/2005  9:47 PM
Penny's trade value won't be affected much by whether he starts or not. Any team that wants him next year will want him simply for his expiring contract, not to be a starter.

Ariza can do things Penny hasn't been able to do in 5 years. There's no way you take him out of the lineup for Penny
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/26/2005  10:29 PM
If penny starts over Ariza then i'd really give up on this team.kurt and nazr starting over sweetney is bad enough. TT/Penny are gone so forget them
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/27/2005  1:51 AM
Ariza. This team is going nowhere. It's absurd not to start Sweetney and Ariza and give them major minutes.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/27/2005  2:34 AM
At this point, I honestly want to see if we can keep both Penny and TT, and see if we can let their contracts expire. That alone would bring us 30 mm closer to the cap, which is nice.

Back to the point though. I would definitely keep starting Ariza, and even if TT gets healthy soon, I would keep Ariza in the starting lineup, b/c he plays 10X harder on both ends of the court. Ariza got torched at times last night, but that's part of the learning process.

Coming into training camp, I want to see Ariza with a MUCH improved mid range jumper and signs of a 3 pt shot. I think I've seen him attempt maybe 1 or 2 threes all season. It's good he doesn't force shots, but it's good to HAVE the shot, regardless of whether he forces shots or not. He seems to want to learn to play the game though, so I see no reason why he wont improve his J.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/27/2005  8:45 AM
Posted by Rich:

Ariza. This team is going nowhere. It's absurd not to start Sweetney and Ariza and give them major minutes.

for whatever reason I am totally fine with starting Ariza but I have hesitations about Sweets.

TT, Penny, JYD... you don't get much in the long term with starting them. Outside of maybe JYD, those guys will be gone after 2 years. With KT, you have to keep his value up for trade purposes, so I would start him until the trade deadline.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/27/2005  9:06 AM
i say stick w/Ariza in the starting lineup & have Penny backup Crawford at the 2 & also getting some minutes at the point as well...Houston is done for now, & i don't like how the team looks when Brewer is orchestrating the offense, though he does bring some good energy off the bench...i would limit Brewer's minutes to a minimum for when you need defensive stops, & play Penny more at the 1, 2 & 3 as needed...take advantage of his versatility.

[Edited by - TMS on 01/27/2005 09:07:47]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/27/2005  9:10 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Don't be surprise to see Penny flourishing under Williams. He is a vet after all....

Posted by teslawlo:

What is the corelation? Penny is a vet. What, a vet of war? He works on animals? What Vet?

Penny is a vet, Williams is a coach, Oh I get it!

Since we are obviously moving more to the youth, Anfernee will "flourish" by what means of accountable measure might you even be thinking about?

If you think Anfernee has had an effect on the teams losing your right. He was a cancer and at a time the team needed his support, he pulled a selfish diva act and was exiled. Thats in the team don't even want him around. Thats not a outwardly good endorsement for him.

He is a vet. One that has not come to gripes with reality on any level and still thinks he can play. He was nothing more than cap fodder for Marbury. Nothing more. I understand why he is on our payroll, but talk about bad contracts. This guy was damaged goods when PHX signed him, and he was an complete perfect horses ass long before. He has proven over and over again, even with no talent to be a great example of the kind of guy you DON"T want on your roster. No character, no sense of team, and no sense of reality.

This is what makes Allans potential retirement a real bummer. The guy is a positive force both on the team, and in the community. THen there is dump old big Penny! Still getting those big fat dollars hanging on for some big moment he is long past him by and using his mouth, not actions to speak. A true bitch diva!
Penny or Ariza?????????????????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy