New York trades:
C Kurt Thomas
C Nazr Mohammed
Cash Considerations

New York receives:
C Michael Olowokandi
PF Eddie Griffin
SF Jonathan Bender
Future 1st rd pick (Protected via Minnesota)
2005 2nd rd pick via Indiana

Indiana trades:
SF Jonathan Bender
SF Ron Artest
2005 2nd rd pick

Indiana receives:
SF Wally Szczerbiak
C Nazr Mohammed

NYK:
Olowokandi/Sweetney/Sundov
Griffin/Bender/Baker
T.Thomas/Ariza/J.Williams
Crawford/Houston
Marbury/Hardaway/Norris/Brewer

The Knicks benefit from getting additional picks and potential cap space; Youth and athleticism.. But most importantly speed on Defense and a true 7ft center (Although he is a total bum, but in the east that should do!!!)

Indiana Pacers:
Mohammed/Foster/Harrison/Pollard/J.Edwards
O'neal/Croshere
Szczerbiak/Curry/J.Jones
Jackson/Miller/F.Jones
Tinsley/Johnson/Gill

The Pacers get more depth, and can move Jermaine O'neal to his natural position. Mohammed will be a solid center for them; and they'd rid themselves of the Artest Fiasco while bringing in someone like Wally World that can contribute immediately to their championship run.

Minnesota Timberwolves:
K.Thomas/Johnson
Garnett/Madsen/J.Thomas
Artest/Hassell/Ebi
Sprewell/Hoiberg
Cassell/Carter/Hudson

The Timberwolves replace 2 bench players and an underachieving center; get back 2 serviceable starters and added toughness. Exactly what Kevin Garnett needs... Players that will go to war with him!

What do you think?
I'm having trouble evalutating it because I don't know anything about Jonathan Bender. Can he shoot? It seems good but what does Bender bring to the table for us?
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/27/2005  10:36 AM
I'm with you guys regarding the KT for Patterson trade.

I think the best thing to do w/ Nazr is save him for a sign and trade for Swift this offseason. This will let you offer Swift slightly more than the MLE. Something like Crawford's contract. If you offer Memphis NAzr + $3mm for Swift in a sign and trade then Memphis gets Nazr for a year at $3mm. That makes a lot of sense for them. They have Gasol, West gave Cardinal a ton of money also.

I would rather spend $$$ on late first rounders and just let TT/Penny's contract go away at the end of the year.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SKY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #687
USA
1/27/2005  12:58 PM
The thing that we have to remember is that KT has trade kicker, so he will have to be sent to a team that he'll be happy with. I doubt that he would agree to be sent to Portland or NJ. That's why I like the MIN scenario. My vote goes to s3231.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/27/2005  2:05 PM
Posted by SKY:

The thing that we have to remember is that KT has trade kicker, so he will have to be sent to a team that he'll be happy with. I doubt that he would agree to be sent to Portland or NJ. That's why I like the MIN scenario. My vote goes to s3231.

trade kicker doesn't mean no trade clause...it just means his salary gets bumped up 15% if he gets traded...he has no say in the matter if Isiah chooses to trade him.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/27/2005  2:07 PM
is it 15 or 20%??
TMS
USA
1/27/2005  2:11 PM
i thought it was 20% but some people were reporting 15% a few days ago.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
USA
1/27/2005  2:24 PM
its 15%.. I looked it up. I posted a link on one thread.
fishmike
USA
1/27/2005  2:29 PM
I'm pretty sure the Spurs have Pho's #1 this year. How about KT + cast for Malik Rose and the Spurs and Suns #1's. Gives us a couple late #1 we could use on Euro players that might stay overseas for another year. we could use those picks to shore up PG w/ a Nate Robinson or Jarred Jack also.
TMS
USA
1/27/2005  2:35 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I'm pretty sure the Spurs have Pho's #1 this year. How about KT + cast for Malik Rose and the Spurs and Suns #1's. Gives us a couple late #1 we could use on Euro players that might stay overseas for another year. we could use those picks to shore up PG w/ a Nate Robinson or Jarred Jack also.

i'd be all for that, but i think SA was interested in that when KT had an expiring contract...not so sure about now...they might be happy just sticking w/Malik Rose.
everyone pick their brains for the best either KT or Nazr and Or Both trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy