[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

everyone pick their brains for the best either KT or Nazr and Or Both trade
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/26/2005  7:03 PM
I think I will see 100% agreement that either KT or Nazr has to go, and possibly BOTH. Come up with the most realistic trade for either or and or both--or if you feel if we should keep 1 and or both, thats OK too. Im going to think about it for awhile before dropping a dumb idea down:>)
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/26/2005  7:12 PM
i've had these two on the boards for a while:

kurt/nazr for diop/wagner #1
analysis: cle will probably want nazr instead if they're giving up a #1 and insurance in case Z leaves. can take a look at diop/wagner for a couple of months but the main reason is the #1.

kurt for spoon and houston's #1 then reroute that pick along with nazr for an injured kwame right now.
analysis: houston is probably one of the few teams that would take kurt's salary b/c of the jvg connection - especially for fatspoon. spoon gives us another expiring deal next season but more importantly, a #1 in the 15-20 range. we immediately ship that pick out (since we can't trade our own) with nazr for kwame. wizards MAY bite b/c they could use nazr this year since they have a legit shot and kwame is hurt and could leave - alot of risks with him.

one more i proposed earlier...

kurt for ruben patterson straight up
analysis: with SAR leaving, portland could use a backup PF/C for zach and ratliff and he has only 1 more year than ruben. for us, well, one LESS year on the deal but gives us a true defensive player that can guard 3 positions.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 01/26/2005 19:17:17]
BRIGGS
1/26/2005  7:15 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

analysis: cle will probably want nazr instead if they're giving up a #1 and insurance in case Z leaves. can take a look at diop/wagner for a couple of months but the main reason is the #1.

kurt for spoon and houston's #1 then reroute that pick along with nazr for an injured kwame right now.
analysis: houston is probably one of the few teams that would take kurt's salary b/c of the jvg connection - especially for fatspoon. spoon gives us another expiring deal next season but more importantly, a #1 in the 15-20 range. we immediately ship that pick out (since we can't trade our own) with nazr for kwame. wizards MAY bite b/c they could use nazr this year since they have a legit shot and kwame is hurt and could leave - alot of risks with him.

Both teams do not have 2005#1s to trade Houston traded their pick last year[2 years in succession] and Clev owes two first round picks to Charlotte.
RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/26/2005  7:19 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by djsunyc:

Both teams do not have 2005#1s to trade Houston traded their pick last year[2 years in succession] and Clev owes two first round picks to Charlotte.

didn't know about that but that's fine with houston. we can make it a draft day deal and include houston's #2 along with nazr and houston's #1 for kwame.

as for cle, i guess that's out of the picture...

[Edited by - djsunyc on 01/26/2005 19:20:16]
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
1/26/2005  7:20 PM
Kurt to Minnesota for Ervin Johnson, Anthony Carter, and their 2005 first round pick. Gives us two expiring contracts and a first rounder to work with.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/26/2005  7:21 PM
both need to go... some time over the next 2 years.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
1/26/2005  7:23 PM
I'll go with this. Ny receives the best of NJ's 2 2006 pick for Nazr Mohammed, the cash for his contract remaining 2.75mm this year and NJ's trade exemption.

KT to Portland for Ruben Patterson and Portland's 2005 2nd round pick.
Obviously Im tanking it, sort of, and Im going full steam for Bogut, even if I give up the NJ pick + ours.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
1/26/2005  7:53 PM
Posted by s3231:

Kurt to Minnesota for Ervin Johnson, Anthony Carter, and their 2005 first round pick. Gives us two expiring contracts and a first rounder to work with.
i would do it, absolutely. I forgot about Minn. That would be about the best they could do. I think I would rather have KT in their position than gary payton. they have no good bigs. eddie griffin is misleading because he stands at the 3 pt line. they could use KT as their starting C
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/26/2005  8:30 PM
I think it's unrealistic to expect any team to give up a 1st round draft pick for Kurt.
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
1/26/2005  8:41 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I think it's unrealistic to expect any team to give up a 1st round draft pick for Kurt.
I actually think quite a few teams would in the right trade... he's not THAT bad of a player guys lol
http://allknicks.com
BRIGGS
1/26/2005  8:46 PM
Posted by teslawlo:
Posted by Bonn1997:

I actually think quite a few teams would in the right trade... he's not THAT bad of a player guys lol

oh, I absolutely agree. Whther it was a 2005 or down the road, KT is worthy of a pick. you put him next to a KG a duncan, a Shaq and you haev a nasty player. i think he would fit Minn perfect, he would fit in portland very well because Ratliff has been a major letdown and they haev a post up PF+ rahim is probably leaving. Heck the Nets could use him, even next year they will have a mature team, they would take Kt I believe. His cost is 2/5ths of Martin.
RIP Crushalot😞
teslawlo
USA
1/26/2005  8:56 PM
Yeah, look how udonis haslem is racking up the stats playing next to shaq. If KT was in miami w/shaq he could probably put up even better stats than haslem.
I think it would be most beneficial to both sides to trade KT to a contender looking to win now.
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
1/26/2005  9:13 PM
At this point we should just trade beither one or both starigh up for draftpicks and fillers. The season is over, and it is clearly time to clean house.

If we can get out of this disaster with 2-3 first round picks in this year's draft, this year wount will be such a colossal waste.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/26/2005  9:19 PM
Posted by simrud:

At this point we should just trade beither one or both starigh up for draftpicks and fillers. The season is over, and it is clearly time to clean house.

If we can get out of this disaster with 2-3 first round picks in this year's draft, this year wount will be such a colossal waste.

Over? Its not over until Isiah says its over!
JayNYC
Member: #682
USA
1/26/2005  9:27 PM
Minnesota trades:
C Michael Olowokandi
PF Eddie Griffin
SF Wally Szczerbiak

Minnesota receives:
C Kurt Thomas
SF Ron Artest
Cash Considerations via NYK

New York trades:
C Kurt Thomas
C Nazr Mohammed
Cash Considerations

New York receives:
C Michael Olowokandi
PF Eddie Griffin
SF Jonathan Bender
Future 1st rd pick (Protected via Minnesota)
2005 2nd rd pick via Indiana

Indiana trades:
SF Jonathan Bender
SF Ron Artest
2005 2nd rd pick

Indiana receives:
SF Wally Szczerbiak
C Nazr Mohammed

NYK:
Olowokandi/Sweetney/Sundov
Griffin/Bender/Baker
T.Thomas/Ariza/J.Williams
Crawford/Houston
Marbury/Hardaway/Norris/Brewer

The Knicks benefit from getting additional picks and potential cap space; Youth and athleticism.. But most importantly speed on Defense and a true 7ft center (Although he is a total bum, but in the east that should do!!!)

Indiana Pacers:
Mohammed/Foster/Harrison/Pollard/J.Edwards
O'neal/Croshere
Szczerbiak/Curry/J.Jones
Jackson/Miller/F.Jones
Tinsley/Johnson/Gill

The Pacers get more depth, and can move Jermaine O'neal to his natural position. Mohammed will be a solid center for them; and they'd rid themselves of the Artest Fiasco while bringing in someone like Wally World that can contribute immediately to their championship run.

Minnesota Timberwolves:
K.Thomas/Johnson
Garnett/Madsen/J.Thomas
Artest/Hassell/Ebi
Sprewell/Hoiberg
Cassell/Carter/Hudson

The Timberwolves replace 2 bench players and an underachieving center; get back 2 serviceable starters and added toughness. Exactly what Kevin Garnett needs... Players that will go to war with him!

What do you think?
Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
1/26/2005  9:35 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by s3231:

i would do it, absolutely. I forgot about Minn. That would be about the best they could do. I think I would rather have KT in their position than gary payton. they have no good bigs. eddie griffin is misleading because he stands at the 3 pt line. they could use KT as their starting C

Exactly, then if we need to we can package both first round picks to move up in the draft to pick someone like Bogut, Taft, etc.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/26/2005  10:48 PM
KT & 2nd round pick for Matt Harpring & Jaron Collins

KT for Ruben Patterson & Vladmir Stepania

Nazr & future pick for Kwame Brown

KT & 2nd round pick for Marcus Camby
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
teslawlo
USA
1/26/2005  10:53 PM
Posted by JayNYC:

Minnesota trades:
C Michael Olowokandi
PF Eddie Griffin
SF Wally Szczerbiak

Minnesota receives:
C Kurt Thomas
SF Ron Artest
Cash Considerations via NYK

New York trades:
C Kurt Thomas
C Nazr Mohammed
Cash Considerations

New York receives:
C Michael Olowokandi
PF Eddie Griffin
SF Jonathan Bender
Future 1st rd pick (Protected via Minnesota)
2005 2nd rd pick via Indiana

Indiana trades:
SF Jonathan Bender
SF Ron Artest
2005 2nd rd pick

Indiana receives:
SF Wally Szczerbiak
C Nazr Mohammed

NYK:
Olowokandi/Sweetney/Sundov
Griffin/Bender/Baker
T.Thomas/Ariza/J.Williams
Crawford/Houston
Marbury/Hardaway/Norris/Brewer

The Knicks benefit from getting additional picks and potential cap space; Youth and athleticism.. But most importantly speed on Defense and a true 7ft center (Although he is a total bum, but in the east that should do!!!)

Indiana Pacers:
Mohammed/Foster/Harrison/Pollard/J.Edwards
O'neal/Croshere
Szczerbiak/Curry/J.Jones
Jackson/Miller/F.Jones
Tinsley/Johnson/Gill

The Pacers get more depth, and can move Jermaine O'neal to his natural position. Mohammed will be a solid center for them; and they'd rid themselves of the Artest Fiasco while bringing in someone like Wally World that can contribute immediately to their championship run.

Minnesota Timberwolves:
K.Thomas/Johnson
Garnett/Madsen/J.Thomas
Artest/Hassell/Ebi
Sprewell/Hoiberg
Cassell/Carter/Hudson

The Timberwolves replace 2 bench players and an underachieving center; get back 2 serviceable starters and added toughness. Exactly what Kevin Garnett needs... Players that will go to war with him!

What do you think?
whoa... just taking a glance, it looks good
I hate kandi man tho
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
1/27/2005  7:45 AM
KT/Ariza for sign n trade Kwame/1st rd pick. Kwame 4/40mil... I think Kwame would like this trade.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/27/2005  10:24 AM
Posted by Mac:

KT/Ariza for sign n trade Kwame/1st rd pick. Kwame 4/40mil... I think Kwame would like this trade.
I thik it would have to be Nazr. Washington has enough PF's. And if it was NAzr I wouldn't be trying to throw Ariza in there, but I would do it.
everyone pick their brains for the best either KT or Nazr and Or Both trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy