http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=15490
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
MX25
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #555
USA
1/26/2005  12:53 AM
I wanna say why reason people doubt Bogut but i'd get heat for it from some people.
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
1/26/2005  1:08 AM
He is who I am currently pulling for the Knicks to draft if they get into the position and it sure as hell looks that way.

WITH THE #1 PICK IN THE 2005 NBA DRAFT, THE KNICKS PICK...

You know who! heh
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/26/2005  1:23 AM
Posted by MX25:

I wanna say why reason people doubt Bogut but i'd get heat for it from some people.
I've been pretty good at dechipiring talent and how it translates to the nBA game for a long time back to when I was hoping the Knicks would take Ron Harper over Sky Walker. Now everyone makes mistakes because I also like guys through the years like waler berry pearl washington, I thought stacy augmon was going to be an nba all star, i thought that booby hurley was a new version of john stockton, but i hit on a LOt of picks down through the years, perhaps because I watch so much CBB, played CBB, understand the game, and watched nBA basketball in person for so many years.
Now I have heard of Bogut for 2 1/2 years, and saw him play as afreshmen perhaps 4-5 times and I didnt like him last year, but he did look much better against Tim Duncan this year at the Olympics. he looked more muscular and seemed to pick up the speed aspect of the game--there is alwasy a transition period for many players.
this year, after watching him-ive only seen him twice, I can say without doubt that
he is an NBA high caliber player, that nBA stars right now will have trouble controlling him in the paint. That his skills are so far advanced from so many nba players that i see now, I KNOW hes going to be a star. He's listed anywhere from 7-0 --6-10 but looks closer to 7 but has kevin garnett type of length, he seems so much bigger than everyone. Hes a good athlete, not a great athlete which would be MY personal concern bUt his skills are so advanced that at his size he will be a PLAYER, a guy who will make a serious impact. Thats my opinion of him, very HIGH.
RIP Crushalot😞
SKY
Member: #687
USA
1/26/2005  3:19 AM
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/11/27/1069825917204.html?oneclick=true

From THE AGE: "Bogut proves a tough cookie"

By Stephen Howell
November 28, 2003

Andrew Bogut impressed for Australia during the junior world championships earlier this year.

Andrew Bogut turns 19 today. About two weeks ago, he came close to not making his birthday.

Australia's new basketball sensation, tipped to be the "male Lauren Jackson", was riding his bike to team practice at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City when he was hit by a car.

Bogut limped into practice, cut and bruised, and told head coach Rick Majerus and assistant Kerry Rupp that he had been in an accident.

Concerned, they ordered a trainer to take him to hospital to check him out. Bogut's response: "We'll do that, after practice."

Rupp told the story to Brian Goorjian, coach of the Australian team, the Boomers, when Goorjian made his weekly call to check on Bogut's progress at his new college. Goorjian told The Age the story to show how how strong-minded Bogut is in becoming a champion player.

He is a big fan of the Endeavour Hills youngster, whom he calls Bogart, and is becoming a bigger supporter by the phone call. After Bogut's most-valuable-player performance when Australia won the gold medal at the under-20 world titles in Croatia last year, Goorjian said the 211-centimetre forward-centre would be in the running for next year's Olympic team, provided he continued to improve.

Yesterday, after the rave reviews coming from Majerus, one of the United States' most respected coaches, Goorjian is expecting much more.

"I see him as a definite," he said of Bogut's Olympic selection. "I wouldn't be doing my job if he wasn't part of this thing.

"He is the best player in the world in his age group . . . My hope and my excitement is to have this young kid who has tremendous potential to be a major contributor this Olympic campaign."

Goorjian said Australian basketball needed a shot in the arm and Bogut was that shot, as Michael Jordan had been for American basketball and Jonny Wilkinson was for English rugby. "He could pass Andrew Gaze, and look at how great Andrew has been," Goorjian said.

However great Bogut might become, he could not lift Utah to victory over Texas Tech in a semi-final of the biggest college pre-season tournament, the NIT, in New York this week. The Utes lost 65-54, with Bogut scoring nine points - he hit 4-8 field shots - grabbing 13 rebounds and handing out five assists. Utah will play for bronze.

Bogut's progress has to be told second-hand because the university gags its freshmen.

Utah plays in the strong Mountain West conference, which starts next week. It has had two practice games and four tournament matches, and Bogut has drawn rave reviews - a dozen National Basketball Association scouts were at his first tournament games and the conference voted him player of the week.

Bogut's ambition is to play in the NBA. It seems he will not have to do the standard four years of college to get there, but will become a high draft pick after one or two years.

Praise comes not only from within the college or from Australians. CBS Sportsline.com said: "Word out of Salt Lake City (the opposing coaches in the league are all too aware of this) is that Bogut is the absolute real deal. The Aussie import dominated the junior world championships over the summer and has had that carry over to the Utes' scrimmages and exhibitions."

Bogut's "I'm going to be the best" attitude upset some people in Australian basketball, but it is admired in the US. With it remains the realisation that he has a lot to do. Before he left Melbourne for Salt Lake City, he said in an interview: "I can't wait to get there and get my arse kicked.

"That's the main reason why I wanna go. It would be so challenging getting dunked on, your shot spanked, outmuscled. That's what I need!"

And, it seems, it's what he is handing out.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/26/2005  3:31 AM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/39340.htm

New York Post

ISIAH OFF TO SCOUR EUROPE

By MARC BERMAN

KNICK NOTES

Knicks president Isiah Thomas plans to escape the losing and the snow by heading to Europe this weekend for a 10-day sojourn to Spain and Italy — his first European scouting trip since taking over.

Thomas probably realizes now that the first-round draft pick he is not allowed to trade under league rules could well turn out to be a lottery pick. One potential lottery pick is Spanish swingman Rudy Fernandez, whom Thomas plans to see. Some think 7-foot Australian Andrew Bogut could be the top pick.

Though scouts think the lottery will be mostly made up of college and high school players with less emphasis on overseas players, Thomas will still have a look at a handful of draft prospects, as he meets up with the Knicks' European scout Kevin Wilson.

With Allan Houston still out, Tim Thomas was placed on the injured list yesterday with his strained calf and will be forced to miss five more games. Thomas said the medical staff advised the only way to heal fully is with rest. Thomas said the strain would feel better one day, then he'd reaggravate it.

Moochie Norris will be activated and Knicks coach Herb Williams said he still has no idea the progress being made by Penny Hardaway, who is in Memphis rehabbing his hamstring. Thomas banished Hardaway to the injured list 21/2 weeks ago after he expressed unhappiness with his role.

Williams already has been given more power than Lenny Wilkens. In preseason, Isiah decided the Knicks would hold their home morning shootaround at the Garden instead of at their Westchester campus to get a better feel of the arena.

It created an inconvenience as the players were forced to spend the whole day in a midtown Manhattan hotel. Now Thomas is letting Williams decide on shootaround location. His first shootaround yesterday was in Westchester.

Copyright 2005 NYP Holdings, Inc.
SKY
Member: #687
USA
1/26/2005  3:44 AM
I lived in Australia for 7 yrs until recently. I have seen him play in Aussie tournaments with my own eyes. He was just a great prospect a few years back. But he's gotten much, much better, as his body became more muscular and he improved his footwork.

In Australia, where men are proud to be "tough blokes", this kid was known and respected to be that. As a teenager he was reknown for his talent, hardwork, willingness to improve, toughness, and balanced personality off the court.

I think he could become as good as Rick Smits.
MX25
Member: #555
USA
1/26/2005  3:50 AM
Briggs my comment was not directed towards you. I like Bogut just as much as you.
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/26/2005  6:49 AM
a few years in the lotto would be good for this team - we arent winning anything with what we have now. as long as we stay entertaining, the fans will stay
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/26/2005  6:52 AM
utah's website lists bogut at 6 foot 10
Redtowel
Member: #319
Germany
1/26/2005  9:26 AM
Bogut might be a good addition. An even better, but more long-term prospect would be Andriskevicius. He's trained by Arvydas Sabonis himself at Kaunas, maybe the best teacher you can get as a Center. He got some minutes in Euroleague this year, has tons of potential, but in no way is ready for the NBA. He must stay for 2-3 more years in Europe and then can come over, just like Nenad Krstic.
nbadraft.net gave us Petro a week ago, which I think would be a disaster as he is very lazy and I think will turn out to be a second Jerome Moiso. Wouldn't take Fran Vasquez either, he has good talent, but is thin as hell.

Rudy Fernandez would be my Top Pick, if we can't get a Center, as the guy has an already very mature game similar to Ginobili or Brent Barry. He will be my favourite player from this year's draft.

[Edited by - Redtowel on 01/26/2005 09:29:44]
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/26/2005  11:53 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

for his size, he doesn't block too many shots. How is this kid different than Kaman?

I'd rather go after Boone or Warrick, athletic shotblockers who can rebound, score and run the floor with Marbury. Marbury needs horses to run with. I hope Zeke knows this.
¿ △ ?
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
1/26/2005  12:04 PM
Chris Taft....Chris Taft....Chris Taft....Chris Taft....
~You can't run from who you are.~
joec32033
USA
1/26/2005  12:16 PM
Not for nothing but Bogut looks alot like Cherokee Parks, no?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/26/2005  12:29 PM
Posted by joec32033:

Not for nothing but Bogut looks alot like Cherokee Parks, no?

Looks like Kaman, Parks, oh, the kid is white?
joec32033
USA
1/26/2005  12:35 PM
Not because he is white...dude...I am white......He seriously looks like CHerokee Parks!
BRIGGS
1/26/2005  1:06 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by BRIGGS:

for his size, he doesn't block too many shots. How is this kid different than Kaman?

I'd rather go after Boone or Warrick, athletic shotblockers who can rebound, score and run the floor with Marbury. Marbury needs horses to run with. I hope Zeke knows this.

I dont know why poeple are comparing him to Kaman. If you are comparing them, you havent seen either play, so the only comparison you could be thinking of is their color of skin.

Let me start off by saying Chris Kaman is going to be a very, very good C in this league. Just look at his play in the month of Jan[remember he turned 22 just recently and he came off injury] a couple fo 20-10 block shots several other double doubles, assits. Not an allstar, although it could be very plausible for a couple of years. I think the only worry with Kaman is can he stay healthy. If he stays healthy, he will gradually become a force.

Bogut is a different player. More of a versatile player with TREMENDOUS basketball IQ and fundamentals. I havent seen a guy his size handle the ball+pass like he can, with the rare exception of a few. You add in flawless footwork around the basket, a soft shot and long arms. If I could make a comparison, I would say a tad smaller version of Brad Miller, but with a higher upside. Not going to be a big time shot blocker, doesnt have the lateral quickness of an amare stoudemire, but more like a combination of Brad Miller Kevin mchale and a guy who plays with intelligence and intensity. he also has a very athletic build, cut up ripped so his 245 is hard 245. The differnce I see he is a guy who can really play 5-4. Hes a Sacremento king type player. he can play the high post and put up 7-8 assist games while putting up 16-18 points with 11-12 rebounds an a couple of blocks. that type of player. A team player who makes everyone better and can demand double teams in the post every time.

It would be nice to be able to add him+ a guy like Swift who has other assets Bogut doesnt poccess. It looks like it could be a nice synergy with a good PG like Marbury being able to take pressure off of himself

if we added Bogut and Swift with Sweetney and Nazr as backups, and fill in some holes at back up PG/SG amnd find a solution at SF? pehaps trading KT for Ruben Patterson with ariza as a back up?
RIP Crushalot😞
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/26/2005  1:10 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by BRIGGS:

I dont know why poeple are comparing him to Kaman. If you are comparing them, you havent seen either play, so the only comparison you could be thinking of is their color of skin.

Let me start off by saying Chris Kaman is going to be a very, very good C in this league. Just look at his play in the month of Jan[remember he turned 22 just recently and he came off injury] a couple fo 20-10 block shots several other double doubles, assits. Not an allstar, although it could be very plausible for a couple of years. I think the only worry with Kaman is can he stay healthy. If he stays healthy, he will gradually become a force.

Bogut is a different player. More of a versatile player with TREMENDOUS basketball IQ and fundamentals. I havent seen a guy his size handle the ball+pass like he can, with the rare exception of a few. You add in flawless footwork around the basket, a soft shot and long arms. If I could make a comparison, I would say a tad smaller version of Brad Miller, but with a higher upside. Not going to be a big time shot blocker, doesnt have the lateral quickness of an amare stoudemire, but more like a combination of Brad Miller Kevin mchale and a guy who plays with intelligence and intensity. he also has a very athletic build, cut up ripped so his 245 is hard 245. The differnce I see he is a guy who can really play 5-4. Hes a Sacremento king type player. he can play the high post and put up 7-8 assist games while putting up 16-18 points with 11-12 rebounds an a couple of blocks. that type of player. A team player who makes everyone better and can demand double teams in the post every time.

It would be nice to be able to add him+ a guy like Swift who has other assets Bogut doesnt poccess. It looks like it could be a nice synergy with a good PG like Marbury being able to take pressure off of himself

if we added Bogut and Swift with Sweetney and Nazr as backups, and fill in some holes at back up PG/SG amnd find a solution at SF? pehaps trading KT for Ruben Patterson with ariza as a back up?

Briggs one question: is it possible to get him? It sounds like
he's going to go very high. What is your scenario that he ends up
here?
BRIGGS
1/26/2005  1:25 PM
Posted by Panos:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Briggs one question: is it possible to get him? It sounds like
he's going to go very high. What is your scenario that he ends up
here?

were going to have to lose many more games, we have to have a second have that is comparable or worse than the first half, perhaps 14-27 which coule leave us at 31-51

that would likely get us in as bottom 5-7 and then we need some luck like every other club.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/26/2005  2:11 PM
I haven't seen him play, but this stat line does nothing for me other than tell me that he has some potential. The stat line looks pretty comparable to Sweetney's during his junior year except that Sweetney was a better shot-blocker
here is a list of all of Bogut's games this year

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy