[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Say it isn't so......
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
1/26/2005  12:04 AM
I do believe that JYD IS in Herb dog-house....he was Lenny's boy and he will pay for that in a herb system....How in the world is he only going to be played 11 minutes only in a night when Defense was again our problem???? Something fishy is going on that we need to pay attention to....I like Ariza as our starter, but again, something is missing in our team.....Night in and Night our we continue to have the wrong starting lineup on the court.....I think that it is a shame to have good solid defenders siting on the bench and are not even getting a chance to showcase what they can do......

that love for Kurt will endup costing Isiah his freaking job....It is absurd and painful watching the Knicks get exploited nighst in and nights out at the 4 position....Yes he scored 24 points and grabbed 14 boards, but how many did he allow Amare to get???????

I think that the time has come for the Knicks to stop showcasing Kurt as our PF in this league...We will never get great talents in return for him, so play Sweetney to help slow the pace of the game down....We allowed 133 points tonight, and it is a freaking shame....

The day it is realized that Kurt is where our weakness resides, we will be ok...We have a freaking decision to make, we can't afford to have both Kurt and nazr on the court together....Something has to be done and it has to be done fast....
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/26/2005  12:07 AM
I'll tell you what the problems are and its nothing JYD can solve.

We don't have a center. there's no one to block shots

Our guard can't defend.

its a recipe for disaster
diderotn
USA
1/26/2005  12:11 AM
I won't blame it on a Center. Kurt scores, but he can't stop no one....His presence on the court puts us in all sorts of bad positions....Defensively we are atrocious...The need for Sweetney has been evident all season long, and it is still not resolved.....the most important switch that needs to happen is at the PF position....there is no reason why Nazr shouldn't be capable of playing Center... he offers exactly what Kurt can.....Sweetney brings a different dimension to the game that none of our frontcourt players have, and that is a big boddy and most of all a postup game....

Posted by gunsnewing:

I'll tell you what the problems are and its nothing JYD can solve.

We don't have a center. there's no one to block shots

Our guard can't defend.

its a recipe for disaster
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/26/2005  12:13 AM
Actually I think Sweetney, JYD, and Nazy are all better than Kurt and should be playing ahead of him if the goal is to win games. If the goal is to play Kurt just to keep his stats up and trade value up, well, then he should have been traded by now
diderotn
USA
1/26/2005  12:17 AM
Isiah has a serious decision to make, he can either trade Kurt or trade Sweetney.....because there is no reason why Kurt should be playing ahead of him right now....If you truly value what this kid brings to the table, than use it......I don't care about Kurt's production, as far as i am concerned, Sweetney can do much better....he has the intangible that would strongly enhance Nazr's game .......Stop waisting games and valuable minutes....play Sweetney....We keep on making adjustments at the wrong place....Fvk

Posted by Bonn1997:

Actually I think Sweetney, JYD, and Nazy are all better than Kurt and should be playing ahead of him if the goal is to win games. If the goal is to play Kurt just to keep his stats up and trade value up, well, then he should have been traded by now
gunsnewing
USA
1/26/2005  12:20 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Isiah has a serious decision to make, he can either trade Kurt or trade Sweetney.....because there is no reason why Kurt should be playing ahead of him right now....If you truly value what this kid brings to the table, than use it......I don't care about Kurt's production, as far as i am concerned, Sweetney can do much better....he has the intangible that would strongly enhance Nazr's game .......Stop waisting games and valuable minutes....play Sweetney....We keep on making adjustments at the wrong place....Fvk

Posted by Bonn1997:

it doesn't take much to do better than 11pts a game. oakley averaged 10 next to Ewing's 23pts. Primarily because Oakley actually couldnt miss from the perimeter unlike Skirt "brick" Thomas
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
1/26/2005  12:22 AM
KT is better than Nazy and JYD. Offensively clearly. KT is better than Nazy defensively as well.

Sweetney is a creator in the offense, KT is a jumpshooting recipient. Start Sweetney and Kurt. Bring Nazy off the bench or trade him.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
gunsnewing
USA
1/26/2005  12:25 AM
i agree. kurt is better than nazr and jyg but i still wouldn't start him at center. if Nazr keeps this up start Baker with sweets at PF. or heck start sweetney at center with kurt at PF

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01/26/2005 00:26:56]
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
1/26/2005  12:36 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

i agree. kurt is better than nazr and jyg but i still wouldn't start him at center. if Nazr keeps this up start Baker with sweets at PF. or heck start sweetney at center with kurt at PF

The Marbury/Kurt pick and roll is more effective against a center, with less mobility. Leaving Kurt with a wide open shot or Marbury with an open lane. Kurt is also better defensively in post-up situations. Rather than mobile power-forwards with a face-up game.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/26/2005  1:04 AM
Posted by codeunknown:
Posted by gunsnewing:

The Marbury/Kurt pick and roll is more effective against a center, with less mobility. Leaving Kurt with a wide open shot or Marbury with an open lane. Kurt is also better defensively in post-up situations. Rather than mobile power-forwards with a face-up game.
nice point.

But why is it that oldest player on the team (vin Baker) is the most athletic and the oly shot blocker. I hope Vin works in some more minutes, I swear I think he has some input left.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/26/2005  1:12 AM
Also JYD was in there during a horrible stretch.

We had

Jamison
Ariza
JYD
Nazr

and no one could score. it was horrendous.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/26/2005  4:31 PM
Dido,

You got some serious Kt focus problems. He is not our problem.

JYD on the offensive end is a problem. It was just one game, maybe he has a cold or somthing. THe big SF min are going to Reezy and likely Gazey when he returns.

JYD has his role, but its not going to be every nite. Kurt played well against PHX. Amare was gibing JYD fits.

Against the rockets, a 3 on 1 with marbs feeding jyd, all he need do was either give it back, or pass to Reezy in the right. He tried to "fingah roll" and got an offensive foul! He is just not for big minutes.

I love his energy, and he will have his moments in some situations.

But the "thud" we are experienceing is not a "Kurt" thing.

And yes, I would like him traded. Kurt is not our future, but more valuable in the presence.
diderotn
USA
1/26/2005  8:17 PM
I would be a very big Kurt fan if he plays for another team...or better yet, if he assumes the role of a backup. During this losing streak, it is imperative to try everything necessary to see if our problems can be resolved....I would go as far as starting someone else at Center just to see if that position is where our defensive problems reside....Start Vinny at Center and Sweetney at PF first to see if they can help regulate the frontcourt....Herb is new and he can pull this without insulting anyone....Bring Kurt and Nazr off of the bench and see how well our boys react to that change...We are losing badly and something has to be done...We have used that same stupid lineup all year long minus Ariza at SF, and it hasn't worked. Try something different..

My new starting lineup:

Marb
Crawf
Ariza
Sweetn
Vinny

Brewer
Houston
JYD
kURT
Nazr
OldFan
Member: #446
1/26/2005  10:42 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I would be a very big Kurt fan if he plays for another team...or better yet, if he assumes the role of a backup. During this losing streak, it is imperative to try everything necessary to see if our problems can be resolved....I would go as far as starting someone else at Center just to see if that position is where our defensive problems reside....Start Vinny at Center and Sweetney at PF first to see if they can help regulate the frontcourt....Herb is new and he can pull this without insulting anyone....Bring Kurt and Nazr off of the bench and see how well our boys react to that change...We are losing badly and something has to be done...We have used that same stupid lineup all year long minus Ariza at SF, and it hasn't worked. Try something different..

My new starting lineup:

Marb
Crawf
Ariza
Sweetn
Vinny

Brewer
Houston
JYD
kURT
Nazr

I must admit I rarely agree with anything you say so I guess this shouldn't be a surprise but VINNY. You're worried about our defense and you want to play VINNY. Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculus?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/26/2005  10:58 PM
Posted by OldFan:

I must admit I rarely agree with anything you say so I guess this shouldn't be a surprise but VINNY. You're worried about our defense and you want to play VINNY. Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculus?

it is ridiculous. Everyone else is starting to just ignore the obvious.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/26/2005  11:29 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by OldFan:

Dido,

yo got like pictures and drawings around your room of KT?

Do you run around town with them eyes. passing out flyers to pedestrians on the street with KT stats and your point to point presentation of why he should be traded for anyone but seaweed and how much better we would be? ANd people give you their change and hope you leave them alone?

diderotn
USA
1/27/2005  1:31 PM
right on......Kurt has to go, Kurt has to go..Sweetney has to start...

Posted by Nalod:
Posted by martin:
Posted by OldFan:

Dido,

yo got like pictures and drawings around your room of KT?

Do you run around town with them eyes. passing out flyers to pedestrians on the street with KT stats and your point to point presentation of why he should be traded for anyone but seaweed and how much better we would be? ANd people give you their change and hope you leave them alone?
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/27/2005  2:40 PM
Posted by diderotn:

My new starting lineup:

Marb
Crawf
Ariza
Sweetn
Vinny

Brewer
Houston
JYD
kURT
Nazr

Dido, please point me to ONE game this year where Baker had an substantial impact. Just ONE! He's shooting .345 (as a big man!),
and has scored more than 1 basket in a game exactly twice all year!

Don't you think the coaches would play him
if he was bringing something? Get a freaking clue!
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/27/2005  2:42 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I do believe that JYD IS in Herb dog-house....he was Lenny's boy and he will pay for that in a herb system....How in the world is he only going to be played 11 minutes only in a night when Defense was again our problem???? Something fishy is going on that we need to pay attention to....

So because he played 11 minutes in one game, he's in the dog house?!
Did you get this from a reputable source? Believe me, he ain't in
no dog house. He will have a substantial role to fill on Herb's more
defensively oriented team, even if he didn't for ONE game.

Get a clue!
diderotn
USA
1/27/2005  2:48 PM
get a clue?????? the Knicks need to get a clue....the combo of Kurt and Nazr is not working, so they need to get a clue...check out our record, maybe you will get a clue.
Say it isn't so......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy