[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

All Crawl game thread: Losses mount, bring me to tear, Uh oh, we got Lebron and the Cavaliers!
Author Thread
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
1/28/2005  11:00 PM
Hey...we got a win and ariza and sweetney and jyd were not big factors. Does this mean anything?
all kool aid all the time.
AUTOADVERT
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
1/28/2005  11:12 PM
it was great not being blown out by the cavs on national tv for once
crawford made my jaw drop a lot in the 2nd quarter, if he did that all 4 quarters on a consistent basis he'd be more than worth his contract.
And I still say that contract we gave him wasn't that bad. 8 million a year for a 18-20ppg scorer + a good passer is not overpriced in this day and age.
http://allknicks.com
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
1/28/2005  11:40 PM
good game for craw, ny snaps 7 game losing streak, show me unimpressed beating a james-less cavs. you think knicks can run a 7 game win streak

btw teslawlo...like i said, money has never been an issue with this organization try winning
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/28/2005  11:53 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

Hey...we got a win and ariza and sweetney and jyd were not big factors. Does this mean anything?

maybe you didnt watch the game but us finally winning had to do a lot with penny playing
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/29/2005  12:37 AM
Posted by diderotn:

really bad men, really bad
+

NOthing like watching this game with Walton Pontificating his influence of suggestion over the obvious.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
1/29/2005  12:57 AM
i also noticed a little positivity in walton tonight. and towards the knicks! wow!

anyway, was that somekind of defence or something i saw the knicks playing? not bad.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/29/2005  1:01 AM
I have seen the future, and Tractor Traylor is sweets. Traylor is like a dancing elephant! Thats a compliment. Watching those two looked like brothers. Or Traylor lookedl like his daddy!

Reezy played 20 min, Anfernee played 28. Anfernee played well, but I don't like him getting Reezys minutes! He did not play THAT well. But Rookies need the hook at times. That was an ugly game, and we do have Detroit tomorrow.

Craw did a cross over and drew three defenders on one shot. And he shot a fall away jumper from beyond the three point line. Way to look for the open man. Sometimes he really really looks stupid. Then he hits one of those dumb ass shots to make me look stupid when Im trying to tell my kid about taking dumb shots!

Diop? In respect to our poster whom wants to trade SKurt for him, Wangner (has he died yet?) and a Phantom no. 1 pick they don't own, I watched Diop the whole time and found really nothing good or bad. He looks big, and can run up and down the floor.

We won Ugly. I'll take it. Always nice to watch a game in HD!

Marbs I thought was trying to get everyone involved. He shot alright, got to the line a lot! We won. He was successful. Lets stop putting him under a microscope.

I liked the Shirt and tie Isiah wore. Funny when the Knick Dancers stand behind him. Im wondering what he is thinking when they are giggling and laughing.

And how cool is being able to say: AlexanDAR!
Ira
Member: #91
1/29/2005  5:49 AM
We beat Cleveland without LeBron and it went down to the last seconds. That's not a great accomplishment.
rvhoss
Switzerland
1/29/2005  8:09 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by rvhoss:

maybe you didnt watch the game but us finally winning had to do a lot with penny playing

Watched the entire game...just pointing out how it is possible for the knicks to win without starting sweets and reeza not providing a 20/10. Penny going down really killed us this month.

Nice to see he is back to the old penny (defense, veteran leadership)
rvhoss
Switzerland
1/29/2005  8:11 AM
Posted by NewYorkSoul:

OMG, I think Marbury has gone barmy.... he's just a shadow of his former self... he never seems to be able to score in the final few minutes of the game... PLEASE make me eat my words!

Playing in the olympics after leading the league in minutes per game will have that kind of effect.

Penny needs to play more and craw has to spell him at point...what we need is a blow out win.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/29/2005  8:31 AM
Posted by Ira:

We beat Cleveland without LeBron and it went down to the last seconds. That's not a great accomplishment.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/29/2005  9:21 AM
As much as I hate always getting killed by Ilgauskus, I do admire his game. That is one skilled pivot man. You notice that when he posts up, once the entry pass is in the air to him, he backs up into his man AS he's catching the ball. This gets him closer to the basket and gets his defensive man off balance. If McInnis hadn't been so busy tossing bricks last night, they could have gone to Z at least 10 more times and beaten us by 10.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/29/2005  9:26 AM
I honestly think that losing streak killed a chunk of me inside. During the game I was like emotionless. Down by 16 in the 2nd...just sat there. Got those big plays in the 4th...just sat there. The most I was able to do is say 'Defense' with the crowd in a monotone voice. I got to see a doctor or something.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/29/2005  9:35 AM
I know what you mean Matt. Here's how i'm looking at it. At 16-13 I was looking at us as retooling. Good mix of vets and young players, 47-50 wins and 2nd round of the playoffs. Continue to retool the roster and keep moving up. The losing streak shifted me into rebuilding. Shed the vets and pick up more youth. I'm always rooting for the Knicks to win, but realistically the losses don't matter so much for this season, and the consolation is always that our draft pick gets better. But it was a tough and depressing period to endure the losses and let go of the team doing well this year. I really enjoyed being 16-13 and I wanted us to win now.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
1/29/2005  11:05 AM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I honestly think that losing streak killed a chunk of me inside. During the game I was like emotionless. Down by 16 in the 2nd...just sat there. Got those big plays in the 4th...just sat there. The most I was able to do is say 'Defense' with the crowd in a monotone voice. I got to see a doctor or something.

Know the feeling. This stretch has been too tough to watch. The losing streak has been too long. It feels like watching the team lead by a couple of points in the first quarter but then in the rest of the game being totally blown out. When you see them trying to come back but are unable to do it, you just can't get interested in the game again. Right now only a great comeback from the Knicks (having a 6 or 7 game winning streak to get back to .500) would get the feeling back. We were prepared for a winning season after making it to .500 for the first time in a while. The 3 games over that mark made me feel that this was really going to be the year we started becoming an elite team again. Right now its just an empty feeling. If they don't have a miracle soon, the wins or losses will not have a lot of meaning, other than a better pick...
Knicks_Fan
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
1/29/2005  5:40 PM
i We beat Cleveland without LeBron and it went down to the last seconds. That's not a great accomplishment.

Ira - why do people overlook the fact one of the Knicks leading scorers, Allan Houston, relgated to the Pine in a nice suit?

Patience

Isiah knows what he's doing without people second-guessing his every word or roster move.
2006 is the year we celeebrate like its 1999.
once a knick always a knick
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/29/2005  6:57 PM
Posted by misterearl:

i We beat Cleveland without LeBron and it went down to the last seconds. That's not a great accomplishment.

Ira - why do people overlook the fact one of the Knicks leading scorers, Allan Houston, relgated to the Pine in a nice suit?

Patience

Isiah knows what he's doing without people second-guessing his every word or roster move.
2006 is the year we celeebrate like its 1999.

I'm just happy they won. You don't go from looking like the worst team in the league to looking like the best.
All Crawl game thread: Losses mount, bring me to tear, Uh oh, we got Lebron and the Cavaliers!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy