[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

isiah on mike and mad dog
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/25/2005  5:33 PM
pretty much said this team has a future. keeps mentioning expiring deals and draft picks to build. he likes the foundation he established. he says injuries played a big part in why they're 17-23 and said this team is not good enough to overcome injuries.

he says his plan is to use expiring deals and acquire picks through the summer till the next trade deadline.

mad dog asked him about crawford, how he's a loser and why he gave him all that money. he says he envisioned this as a 3 guard with h20 and expected h20 to ease him in. he did not think crawford would have to play this many minutes and do this much for the team. he said he won games for us earlier but it's catching up to him now.

he defended marbury big time from mad dog's criticism. he said as the GM and president, he backs up all his players. he also acknowledge that it's debateable of what marbury claimed. he says marbury comes and plays every single night. he says he never takes nights off and plays hard every night when other big $$$ players don't. (and we all know who he means)

isiah says tanking is not an option in new york. says chicago can tank b/c they won championships they had a season ticket base and had the luxury of taking years to do it. new york can't do it. losing all the fans base and loss $$$ while tanking. he used boston as an example with duncan and said they still haven't recovered. he said he will use expiring deals to get younger players.

he had problems talking contract years and salaries of his own players but he said he made moves to get expiring deals to move.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 01/25/2005 17:36:22]
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/25/2005  5:35 PM
He got destroyed though. He sounded pretty unprepared.

[Edited by - silverfuel on 01/25/2005 17:36:03]
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/25/2005  5:42 PM
if you call listening to Chris Mad Dog Russo's moronic incoherent rantings as being destroyed, then yea, i guess Isiah got destroyed.

Isiah forgot more basketball taking his morning s h i t today than Mad Dog knows after all the years he's been a radio host.

[Edited by - TMS on 01/25/2005 17:43:02]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/25/2005  5:46 PM
One thing I was surprised about...Chris asks who has Marbury made better. Nazr's name was no where to be heard.
Silverfuel
USA
1/25/2005  5:59 PM
Posted by TMS:

if you call listening to Chris Mad Dog Russo's moronic incoherent rantings as being destroyed, then yea, i guess Isiah got destroyed.
If you listened to the interview and heard him call Crawfords and Tim's contracts wrong then you would agree. Dont tell me I am basing my opinion on some moron. If you dont think Isiah was unprepared then you didnt hear the whole interview. He actually said he did not "fire" Lenny's assistant Dick Helm after the Boston game when the newspapers said he did.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=lawrence_mitch&id=1968784
After the home-opener disaster against Boston, Thomas jettisoned Dick Helm, Wilkens' longtime right-hand man and the only member of his staff whom he picked.

He did not come out and say Crawford is not a "loser" when thats what Mad dog called him, he said Crawford was not supposed to play as many minutes. He did not speak about Nazr's career year as much as he should've. He did not talk about JYD who was brought in on the Crawford trade that has helped us so many times.

Mike Francesa said: "There was no honeymoon, the bride is in another city." Thomas had no comeback for Mad Dog saying Nash is a better point gaurd. He basically said, "I will support Marbury because I am the president of this team". He did not mention that Nash is playing with 4 players that are all better than what Marbury is playing with. He actually got the contracts of his own players wrong, twice! He was unprepared and he got caught being unprepared. Thats what I call being destroyed.

Dont insult my intelligence by assuming I am basing my opinion on Mad Dog Russo.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/25/2005  6:01 PM
isiah was wrong about the contracts, i was shocked but 1 million here and 1 million there doesn't matter. The bottomline is that we now have tradeable players and contracts.
gunsnewing
USA
1/25/2005  6:03 PM
mad dog just gave layden credit for drafting Sweetney but isiah no credit for drafting ariza. im sure they dont even know who ariza is. and no credit to Isiah for actually playing sweetney rather then have him rot on the bench

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01/25/2005 18:04:19]
Silverfuel
USA
1/25/2005  6:04 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

mad dog just gave layden credit for drafting Sweetney but isiah no credit for drafting ariza. im sure they dont even know who ariza is.
I think it has been established that Mike & the Mad Dog no nothing about basketball. All they want to talk about is baseball so let them have it. Isiah was on the Michael Kay show yesterday where he sounded a lot better.
hDavis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #494
USA
1/25/2005  6:07 PM
it was cool when Isiah started saying "goddamn" when he was defending Maurberry.
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/25/2005  6:08 PM
Posted by hDavis:

it was cool when Isiah started saying "goddamn" when he was defending Maurberry.
At that point it sounded like he was taking those comments personally.
gunsnewing
USA
1/25/2005  6:08 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by gunsnewing:

mad dog just gave layden credit for drafting Sweetney but isiah no credit for drafting ariza. im sure they dont even know who ariza is.
I think it has been established that Mike & the Mad Dog no nothing about basketball. All they want to talk about is baseball so let them have it. Isiah was on the Michael Kay show yesterday where he sounded a lot better.

thats problably because kay wasn't asking him the same stupid questions over and over. Kay problably knows the meaning of expiring contracts and tradeable assets
gunsnewing
USA
1/25/2005  6:10 PM
i liked how Isiah said that instead of using the expiring contracts on over 33 year old players like the knicks gm's of the past he wants to use them to get younger players like when he turned the expiring contracts of deke, O and frank into Craw
Silverfuel
USA
1/25/2005  6:15 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by gunsnewing:

thats problably because kay wasn't asking him the same stupid questions over and over. Kay problably knows the meaning of expiring contracts and tradeable assets
Stupid questions shouldnt make the answers stupid bro. Did you not hear him say something to the effect of him supporting Marbury because he was on the Knicks team? Did you not hear him say Crawford was not supposed to play as many minutes as he is playing when Russo called him a loser? All the answers were lacking the regular Isiah bang I guess.

[Edited by - silverfuel on 01/25/2005 18:16:21]
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/25/2005  6:20 PM
let's take it easy fellas. isiah answered the questions but it's tough to answer questions when you're 17-23. he said things that we've been debating on this board since he's been hired.

but it's tough to listen to alot of these radio guys b/c they really have a general idea on bball and not the real intricate things that really need to take place to improve a team. alot of it is from the papers and what sounds sexy. mad dog doesn't like isiah and can't wait to give it to him. and isiah responded his own way. no biggie.

these interviews come and go and none of it means jack until we see it produce on the court.

i just wish there was a legitimate knicks show - be it 1/2 hour weekly with a guy that really knows the team and really knows bball and can have many perspectives on the team as opposed to just reading the papers and spouting it off as the truth.
gunsnewing
USA
1/25/2005  6:21 PM
thats what i expected him to say about Marbury. He can't say Nash is better than him. He kept saying as GM of the knicks, suggesting that if he wasnt GM of the knicks he'd say Nash, thats how it sounded to me at least. And the plan was to have a 3 guard rotation of steph, craw and H20. Instead of Mad Dog drilling him about Crawford he should've asked him about how has TT panned out? And why did you extend Kurt Thomas when he doesn't fit this team. The knicks are this bad mostly because TT and the frontline. But that didn't get talked about because the interviewers never brought it up
Silverfuel
USA
1/25/2005  6:24 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

He can't say Nash is better than him. He kept saying as GM of the knicks, suggesting that if he wasnt GM of the knicks he'd say Nash, thats how it sounded to me at least.
One of the many things I found weird about this interview.
gunsnewing
USA
1/25/2005  6:27 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by gunsnewing:

He can't say Nash is better than him. He kept saying as GM of the knicks, suggesting that if he wasnt GM of the knicks he'd say Nash, thats how it sounded to me at least.
One of the many things I found weird about this interview.

you mean he should've defended marbury better? i agree he should've talked about how steph went to the playoffs with a rookie in amare and marion and put up a fight against the champion spurs. Then those guys got injured the next season. Isiah should've defended him better, you're right
gunsnewing
USA
1/25/2005  10:51 PM
i hope Mike and dog watched tonights game. im sure they did since isiah made them feel really stupid. They didn't even know who Ariza was so they were introduced to him today and Crawford should mad dog that he's an idiot. Marbury had an off game but he was looking to pass more again. and he has proven that when guys have it going offensively whether its KVH, Doleac, Kurt, Sweetney, Houston or Crawford
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
1/26/2005  8:08 PM
http://wfan.com/chrismikeaudio/

GO LISTEN, IT"S WILD!!!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
bigpimpin
Member: #801
USA
1/26/2005  11:59 PM
isiah got OWNED

and so then TMS, Silverfuel owns you
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
isiah on mike and mad dog

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy