[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why it IS all Marbury's fault...
Author Thread
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
1/25/2005  3:48 PM
Who cares, the point is, Marbury has players that he can work with this year, and he is not getting it done.

Give me a f@cking break, KT is a solid starter. He averages a doulbe double and plays good D, PF score a lot against him because guards every other player on the court. If you actually watch a Knick game you'll see that the only reason we get any stops is KT! He guards 3, sometimes 4 players on the same play. W/out KT we'd be giving up 120 pts a game, and have the record the Hornets do.

Mohammed is what he is, he is a good rebounder, an awesome offensive rebounder, and he has been workin on his game and is actually gettin over a block a game. His D still sucks, but he easily a top 10 center in the leage with how bad the center position is. How many real centers out there are better then him? He is putting the same numbers Maglore was the yar he was an allstar in the East.

JYD and Ariza are both great at what they do, they play good D, slash, and run the floor.

Craw is a great talent, before the injury he was gettin almost 19 pts a game, now he has struggled since comig of the injury, but he has played like 2 games. It takes 5-8 games for most players to get back in the groove.

TT is out, thankfully, so that makes the team that much better. Sweetney is a beast, he puts up very nice numbers of the bench.

The peaces are there for Marbury to lead this team to at least 2-3 games above .500.

The only problem with this team is the fact that the guy around whom all of these is built is not capable of doing what he is supposed to. If Marbury did his job and rant the team well, like a real PG is supposed to, we'd be at leat a .500 team. This is why it all on Marbury, he is the team, the peaces are there, he is just refusing to use them out of either sellfishness or inability.

My god, right now we are on track to finish with the worst record since we last made the playoffs. Worse then Chaney ever had that terrible team.

With every single position around Marbury being better then any of the Chaney teams, it is all Marbury's fault. When you are the star, you bear the responsiblity for wins and losses. You take the credit for both. It should be clear that being a superstar is not about numbers, its about wins. Kidd averaged like 14 and 11 his 1st year in NJ, and they went to the fianls. Its about wins, 20 and 8 don't mean ****.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/25/2005  3:55 PM
we'll Marbury did lead them to an above .500 record before all the injuries hit. When Crawford and TT were healthy, so he is good then?
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/25/2005  4:00 PM
Well Marbury ain't going no where for a long time. So I guess your going to have to deal with him.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/25/2005  4:00 PM
Simmy,

I just posted this on a different thread, but its more applicable here:

"there are few guards in history you build around, yet alone Points.
AI did carry them for a season. He is a great talent.

Tiny had nobody, and did nothing.

THe big O was the man in Cincy, but not until his twilight with Alcinder did he did he win.

Clyde with no supporting cast could not carry a team.

Nash cannot carry a team, but he can drive one!

Magic had showtime around him, he drove that team also.

Great points don't carry, but they are the engine, the heart and sole. Marbs is a short power guard whom gets nice assists cuz he dishes on his way to the basket, and he has the ball 90% of the time.

Guys like Kidd and Nash thread passes from anywhere and get the team in motion. Very different than marbs and AI type players. Marbs does not have that kind of vision on the court.

Marbs has not had young players in their prime around him. He was holding Amare and Marion back with his style. Imagine Marbs with a low post threat like Timbug had with Mourning in his prime? An inside outside presence, and Marbs can take it to the hoop.

If you looking to build a greyhound squad, yo don't do it with Marbury. If your looking to build a power squad with low post presence, Marbs could be more effective. Marbs is a much better Billups!

For now he is our best player, and he will freelance to his ability."

I don't think a Damebert type player is the answer. Look who nice he does with KT, and he did with Doleac before.

The fault with Marbs is not with him, but with the team Isiah rostered with. Granted they are better than Laydens, but not the right type of players.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/25/2005  4:01 PM
As a team captain and leader, Marbury should shoulder some of the blame, but it is hilarious that you would consider it all his fault.
I love the paragraph on Kurt. He has been a solid starter, but if you believe everything you just wrote about him, then Breen is right, and he should be all NBA defense.
Mohammed, I don't really want to take all that time to go through 30 teams and pick out which C's I would or wouldn't take over him. Even if he actually is a top 10 C, the successful teams have a dominant PF to make up for their weakness at C.
Arguement for Craw is weak. I agree he should get more time to adjust his shot...but how do you blame Marbs for JC's cold streak?
Stephon, even though he has put up the numbers, has looked lost the past few games, to me atleast. It's like he's not sure how he wants to play that game. He has forced action when his shot just isn't there, and has passed the ball when he is wide open. I don't think he should be blameless, but how can you possibly blame losing 10 of 11 on one single player?
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
1/25/2005  4:04 PM
I can't blame Marbury for the offensive futility. Houston was supposed to be healthy, but that hasn't happened. The talent gap between TT and KVH was supposedly small enough to make Nazy a key to a deal. We had no low post scorer because Lenny didn't give Sweets enough minutes. Craw is still a ball hog. And KT can only get points on the pick-and-roll. It isn't all his fault that the offense has been so bad.

I can blame him for his defense though. With the team as it is, having no shotblocking presence inside, it is imperative that Marbury at least lock up his man. That he doesn't do, doesn't care to do, and will not care to do until someone gets it into his brain that you can only be a winner if you play defense. His idiotic statement about being the best PG in the NBA made no sense given his lack of defense. Yet, he said it anyway, and that's worked out great, hasn't it!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/25/2005  4:06 PM
Is simrud Chad Ford?
¿ △ ?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/25/2005  4:09 PM
Posted by nykdunk:

I can't blame Marbury for the offensive futility. Houston was supposed to be healthy, but that hasn't happened. The talent gap between TT and KVH was supposedly small enough to make Nazy a key to a deal. We had no low post scorer because Lenny didn't give Sweets enough minutes. Craw is still a ball hog. And KT can only get points on the pick-and-roll. It isn't all his fault that the offense has been so bad.

I can blame him for his defense though. With the team as it is, having no shotblocking presence inside, it is imperative that Marbury at least lock up his man. That he doesn't do, doesn't care to do, and will not care to do until someone gets it into his brain that you can only be a winner if you play defense. His idiotic statement about being the best PG in the NBA made no sense given his lack of defense. Yet, he said it anyway, and that's worked out great, hasn't it!

this is the fairest post on this thread...i agree completely...Marbury isn't the ONLY one to blame, but he does share in some of the blame for not playing defense consistently & for not being more of a leader on this team.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/25/2005  4:13 PM
KT is a solid starter.
I pretty much quit reading after that...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/25/2005  4:14 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Simmy,

Nash cannot carry a team, but he can drive one!

Great points don't carry, but they are the engine, the heart and sole. Marbs is a short power guard whom gets nice assists cuz he dishes on his way to the basket, and he has the ball 90% of the time.

Guys like Kidd and Nash thread passes from anywhere and get the team in motion. Very different than marbs and AI type players. Marbs does not have that kind of vision on the court.

Marbs has not had young players in their prime around him. He was holding Amare and Marion back with his style. Imagine Marbs with a low post threat like Timbug had with Mourning in his prime? An inside outside presence, and Marbs can take it to the hoop.

If you looking to build a greyhound squad, yo don't do it with Marbury. If your looking to build a power squad with low post presence, Marbs could be more effective. Marbs is a much better Billups!

For now he is our best player, and he will freelance to his ability."

I don't think a Damebert type player is the answer. Look who nice he does with KT, and he did with Doleac before.

The fault with Marbs is not with him, but with the team Isiah rostered with. Granted they are better than Laydens, but not the right type of players.

Great points Nalod. Im willing to give Zeke more time to put the right squard around Marbury. We all knew this wasn't THE team going into this season. But figured we can be competitive while we continue to build using a 3yr plan. Well thats what I've been hoping was the plan anyway. im hoping we can add that big in the next 2yrs and no not A.Walker. The point you brought up with Mourning & Tim Hardaway so true. And Nash not able to carry a team but drive them is so true as well.

Bulls landed Curry & Chandler in 2001 and haven't had success until 2005. And even started the season at 0-9. Do you imagine how much complaing and crying would have gone on in that time if that was the Knicks.

[Edited by - newyorknewyork on 01/25/2005 16:15:49]
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
1/25/2005  5:42 PM
Posted by simrud:

Who cares, the point is, Marbury has players that he can work with this year, and he is not getting it done.

Like an injured Allan Houston, recently injured Jamal Crawford, sulking Penny Hardaway, inexistant TT, and Kurt Thomas?
simrud
Member: #474
USA
1/25/2005  9:49 PM
So you all think that this team should be 8 games below .500?

You do realize that this team is worth then any team Layden ever gave us?
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Pike
Member: #403
1/25/2005  10:28 PM
Of course it's not all Marbury's fault... that being said, of late and definitely after Rockets game... I think Stephon has clearly lost his confidence. It's a tough situation.. I'm sure he takes a lot of it upon himself... he's a proud guy.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/25/2005  10:30 PM
Posted by simrud:

So you all think that this team should be 8 games below .500?

You do realize that this team is worth then any team Layden ever gave us?

7 games under. Its a .500 team when everyone is healthy. until something is done about the center position it will remain a .500 or so team
Why it IS all Marbury's fault...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy