[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks record with Marbury
Author Thread
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/25/2005  9:54 AM
With the Knicks about to play the Suns, I thought it would be interesting to know what the Knicks record was with Marbury. Including the playoffs of course. I figured that I'd ask now, before their brutal 9 game stretch starts, otherwise I would be accused of waiting until what would hopefully be the nadir of their season. I'd also be curious to know what the record is since Isiah took over.

Bonn, since you were keeping such good track of the Knicks record since Isiah and since Marbury came here I'm sure you're doing so now, unless you only do that when things are going well to support whatever point you were trying to make all those times when you posted those records.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/25/2005  10:31 AM
don't know the record, but they were 23-19 under lenny last season.

hey, it's been a dissapointing season so far and everybody is getting 2nd guessed right now. that's what happens when things do work out as expected. but again, it takes time. so regardless of everybody's records, heck, the knicks under isiah and marbury could go 20-62 this year, but if next year they go 50-32 and to the ECF after some moves, then it's all for not, right?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/25/2005  10:47 AM
Is it all Marbury's fault? Lets find the guy that consistantly produces the most every night and blame him.

Do you really care? Whats Denver's record since KMart got there? I bet Marbury's is about the same winning % and Stephon doesnt have Camby, Nene, or Carmello.

How about we see if we can improve this front court. If we arent able to in the next 2 years then beef about Marbury all you want, because he obviously isnt enough. Until then you can keep posting this stuff and most people will keep saying "whats your point?"
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/25/2005  10:49 AM
I think Marbury isn't gettting a fair chance to shine on this team. I mean how far is this team going to go with a front line that scores as much as AI. What the problem with the team is the lack of a Athletic big man and a pf that gets to the hoop. Sweetney should be starting over KT there is no ifs and buts about this. They need to get a player in the front court that can give them a consistent 15-18 points a night. That gets to the line. The have to get Marbury something better to work with than KT, NAzr and TT. Your not getting anything out of these guys. About 33 point that what they give on a nightly basis. How the hell you gonna win with that. There is no way that Marbury is getting a fair shake with this team. Crawford this guy he doesn't even look to pass sometimes on the offensive end. 4 out of the 5 starter are borderline scrubs.

What the KNicks need to do is get Sweetney into the starting lineup and make him the focal point of the team. You sit Crawford on the bench in favor of Brewer. You take TT out of the lineup and replace him with Ariza. Keep Nazr in there. This change will force the Knicks to become a two man team. With Marbury and Sweetney as the focal. They got to go in another direction they can't continously be a perimeter oriented team. Herb is got to force feed the situation thats the only way that the team will get better and get an idea as to what to do.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/25/2005  10:59 AM
we should trade Marbury for Lucious Harris- look at what he has done for Cleveland and clearly the nets poor record reflects the fact that he left and brought his winning ways to Cleveland...
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/25/2005  11:00 AM
great posts Fish and Vmart! the knicks really do need a frontline guy who can get them at least 15pts not the 11/12 Kurt & Nazr get them!! both of those guys are bench players on a good team. I guarantee you that if you improve this frontline it's going to make Marbury look very good all of a sudden.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/25/2005  11:08 AM
Marbs really should not have proclaimed he is the best. Of course he should think it, but not declare it.

The teams he left made good moves to better fit the team with assets they recieved from the trade. In PHX, Steph and Penny for Nash and Q would be a great trade for them. KIdd was a better fit, and he had healthy players with him.

Its circumstantial at best, but that does not add to the story in the media.

If PHil comes in and wants him gone, then I say buh-bye, but otherwise Steph is doing what we want from him, and hopefully growing up.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/25/2005  11:12 AM
I agree with Fish and VMart. I have long been a big supporter of Kurt Thomas and I still think he's a very solid player but he just doesn't fit in with what this time is trying to become. I think Kurt Thomas is a much better player then Stromile Swift is but if Swift we're on this team starting in Kurt's place, he'd be be putting up much bigger scoring numbers. What Isiah is trying to build this team as we all know is a running up and down team and Kurts 18foot jumper just does not fit in with that. I'd like to see Sweetney start for the rest of the year just to see what he's going to be in the NBA, he's shown us some signs that he could be a very solid player in this league but Isiah has to start figuring out what he's going to get from Sweets cuase if it's not what he wants he needs to get out there and find us another future 4 for this team.

Apparently I've gone a bit off topic but when it all comes down to it, there are reasons why the Knicks are losing and its not becuase of Marburys 20ppg, 8.5apg, with good shooting percentage, every player needs players around him that suit their game, unless your Michael Jordan, even Shaq needed Kobe and vice versa.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
fishmike
USA
1/25/2005  11:25 AM
Look... Islesfan is just looking to trash anything that has Isiah's fingerprints on it. HOWEVER (god help me) he's got one fair point and one worth discussing. Did the Knicks give up so much that they will never be able to put enough talent around him, making it a bad trade in the first place?

Its hard to say to be totally honest. One one side I see insane trades every year when guys like Rahim, Sheed, Jamison and others go for not very much and it looks like next year we would certainly have the assets to be a part of those kinds of trades. 20/8 players dont grow on trees, and we need a 20/8 frontcourt guy to go with our 20/8 backcourt guys. You have that its a lot easier to fill in the rest.

Is that enough? I dont know. I'm not even the biggest Rahim fan but he certainly changes who our team would be constructed.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/25/2005  11:26 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Is it all Marbury's fault? Lets find the guy that consistantly produces the most every night and blame him.

Do you really care? Whats Denver's record since KMart got there? I bet Marbury's is about the same winning % and Stephon doesnt have Camby, Nene, or Carmello.

How about we see if we can improve this front court. If we arent able to in the next 2 years then beef about Marbury all you want, because he obviously isnt enough. Until then you can keep posting this stuff and most people will keep saying "whats your point?"

Who said anything about it being Marbury's fault? I was just asking what the record was since it was posted several times when the Knicks were a few games over .500 with Isiah and Marbury. Maybe it's just informative and pertinent when it can be shown in a postive light but completely meaningless when it can't.

Did you have such a problem with people posting the Knicks record when it was slightly above .500 and claiming that it meant something? So why are you jumping down my throat now when all I did was ask what the record was and nothing else.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
fishmike
USA
1/25/2005  11:54 AM
because I have never seen you post something regarding an Isiah move or Isiah player that wasnt to show that move or player in a negative light.

So when you ask about Marbury can you blame people for expecting more of the same?

Geeze, I hope I didnt hurt your feelings
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/25/2005  1:07 PM
If you wanna know the records, they went 77-115 in the previous 2 1/2 years under Layden. In one year, Isiah improved that club basically to a .500 level, which is all I could have asked for (46-48). The team is struggling now, but as Fish has pointed out the real test for Isiah will be the next two years when the team has much better trade assets. For the time being his grade is simply "incomplete but heading in the right direction" (i.e., getting younger, more talented, and building up trade assets)

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 01/25/2005 13:08:07]
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/25/2005  4:18 PM
Isiah is in a very interesting position right now. Within' the next year, he is going to have draft picks and trade assets to work with. If he does everything wisely and doesn't make any panic moves (Trading for Jalen Rose or Webber) and does everything carefully with a lot of thought, he finally has this franchise going in the right direction. But as much as he can do that, he can also screw things up real bad, by trading for an over the hill star, and he has proven that he wants one, like Rose, Walker, Carter, ect...

I still can't judge Isiah. I don't like him or dislike him or the job he has done yet.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Knicks record with Marbury

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy