Interesting Players
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/25/2005  7:06 AM
Paul Pierce (Celtics), expires in 2008
The Celts have some young guys and if they miss the playoffs again maybe they don´t want to built around Pierce anymore. LaFrentz is another cap killer for them. It´s a longshot since Ainge and Isiah aren´t best friends.

Marcus Camby (Nuggets), expires in 2010
Camby has some injuries this year and maybe the Nuggets, looking for the lottery again, are looking to loose his contract. KMart is another big contract who hasn´t really worked out for them so far.

Rasheed Wallace (Pistons), expires in 2009
Led the Pistons to the ring last season but if Larry Brown leaves in the summer Sheed might not be right in MoTown anymore. The old UNC connection breaks up and Detroit hasn´t been very happy with Sheed this season.

Elton Brand (Clippers), expires in 2009
One of the few Clippers who has a big contract. If the Clippers again fail this season and aren´t making the playoffs Sterling might say good bye. We all know he is a cheap GM and he has Wilcox for the PF position. One of those two will definitely be dealt. Same goes for Corey Maggette but he is likely to stay.

Ron Artest (Pacers), expires in 2009
Doesn´t have a really big contract but we all know about the brawl. He is likely to leave Indiana and if there aren´t mayn offers out there the Knicks definitely have a chacne at landing the NY native, who played for Isiah when Thomas was the Pacers head coach.

Lamar Odom (Lakers), expires in 2009
The Lakers are rumored to make a push for Yao Ming in 2006 so they would need a lot of cap space. Odom has a big contract and maybe the Lakers have to choose between these two players. Odom´s situation also depends on the Lakers´ success.

Mike Miller (Grizzlies), expires in 2010
Long contract and he´s just one of many players in Memphis. Stromile Swift is a free agent in the summer and he will be pursued by some teams. If Memphis isn´t willing to pay Stro they might look at dumping Miller, too.

Wally Szczerbiak (Timberwolves), expires in 2009
Only a bench player in the moment. Has a long contract and Minny might look to surround KG with different talent. He´s also a NY native and Isiah already had interest in him.

Shareef Abdur Rahim (Blazers), free agent
Portland is looking at clearing cap space so maybe they just let him run out. But they also have bad contracts they would love to move, especially Ruben Patterson. They may shop a package of Ruben+SAR or even part with Zach Randoplh who has some problems with the people in Portland.

Samuel Dalembert (Sixers), free agent
Starts to play well in the moment but has trouble with the coach. Sixers look to dump Aaron McKie´s contract and maybe they package him with SamD to clear some cap space.

Ray Allen (Sonics), free agent
He´s looking for an extension but Seattle isn´t sure. He was rumored to be interested in Cleveland but if he leaves Seattle others teams also have a chance.

Michael Redd (Bucks), free agent
Will look for big bucks via free agency. Milwaukee isn´t sure about resigning. The Cavs have interest since Redd is a Ohio native.

Chris Webber (Kings), expires in 2007
Great player but also pretty old. I´m not even sure if the Kings want to part with him but his name was mentioned pretty often on this board but I don´t think he would fit New York´s plan for the future.

Those are players who I think could help New York in some way. I´m not sure if I forgot some players but it will definitely be an intersting summer for the Knicks.

Saw this on realgm thought it was interesting. I really have to go to sleep at ome point.

I like these players in this order.
Brand
Dalembert
Artest
Odom
Wally
SAR
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/25/2005  9:21 AM
amazing, camby not working out for them, what a surprse!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/25/2005  10:04 AM
Marcus Camby (Nuggets), expires in 2010
Camby has some injuries this year and maybe the Nuggets, looking for the lottery again, are looking to loose his contract. KMart is another big contract who hasn´t really worked out for them so far.

Jamal, KT, Nazr & Knicks' unrestricted pick for Camby & KMart

C - Camby / Baker
PF - KMart / Sweetney
SF - Ariza / JYD / TT
SG - Houston / Penny
PG - Marbury / Brewer / Moochie

that would be a fun team to watch...definitely not a title contender, but at least building up w/athleticism & speed...obviously you'll need to find a SG.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/25/2005  10:21 AM
I can see Odom and Pierce in New York if not Brand

then again i can see see Shareef and webber too
gunsnewing
USA
1/25/2005  10:26 AM
I'd like to have a frontline of Camby/dalembert/Kwame at Center and Brand at PF with Sweetney being the first bigman off the bench
SKY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #687
USA
1/25/2005  10:42 AM
i don't like the thought of k-mart in a knick uniform...
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/25/2005  10:47 AM
We are not getting Elton Brand, no way no how. There is not one valid reason for the Clippers to trade Brand. He has represented stability for the franchise, in fact they were a winning team before the lost both PGs. On top of that,they dont have one bad contract to pair with. If anyone is basing reasoning that BRAND himself has the bad contract--you are wrong and the Clippers owner is no idiot.

Trading for Marbury gave the Suns the flexibility and draft picks they wanted. Not one team wanted Crawford for his price and then we had to take JYD to get it done.

the Clippers do not have that. If you ar saying Chris Wilcox will fill the void? nope and everyone knows it.

Do we have chances at Webber--yes we do, BUt it will take Sweetney Ariza probably 2 number 1s to get him at 34 next year. Is it a smart business move--only a schmuck would do it. or the knicks:>)
other guys on the list
we are not getting pierce
camby-LOL
Artest-no way, unless we got a top 3 pick and took a sht contract maybe

this ending contract stuff hasnt worked, we need to pair contracts and add, utiliyze and exceute picks. No more Bob mcadoos please, ive seen it before.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/25/2005  10:56 AM
no way it takes that much to Webber.

I do think you could get Wilcox for our pick and an expiring deal and possible cash.

Dalembert is quickly going be N/A. While people around here couldnt depart w/ Nazr all of the sudden we see again that Nazr cant score and doesnt impact the game and Dalembert is a machine waiting to erupt.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
USA
1/25/2005  11:39 AM
Posted by fishmike:

no way it takes that much to Webber.

I do think you could get Wilcox for our pick and an expiring deal and possible cash.

Dalembert is quickly going be N/A. While people around here couldnt depart w/ Nazr all of the sudden we see again that Nazr cant score and doesnt impact the game and Dalembert is a machine waiting to erupt.

yeah but Nazr would've never got Sam. Why would they have done that when they already have an undersized center in Marc Jackson. Sam and Mazr are a great compliment. one is an athletic defender and the other is a good low post scorer. Nazr and Marc isnt much of a compliment
Interesting Players

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy