[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Think Dallas would do this Marb trade?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/24/2005  9:54 PM
Dallas is a contender and needs a point guard to put them over the top.

Think they would do a Marb for Josh Howard or Marquis Daniels and Devin Harris and Salary (stack or Alan Henderson) for an All-Star PG?

I think Isiah the basketball man would do this, but Dolan the $$$ man would not.

Here is a tid-bit on Dallas in Insider today:
Mavericks: Dallas is a point guard away from being in position to win an NBA title this year. I'll give Mavs fans a second to savor the irony.

Mark Cuban has to be kicking himself as he watches Nash put up MVP numbers in Phoenix. Put all the actuarial tables aside for a minute: There was something that Nash brought to the table that formulas don't take into account. Cuban blew it, and he knows it.

While Cuban spent most of the summer obsessing over the team's lack of a big man, teams like the Suns were fine-tuning a style of play (one employed less radically by Don Nelson over the years) that maximized Nash's ability and let the Suns take advantage of the growing weakness of the Western Conference's front lines.

Cuban spent nearly the same amount of money on Dampier that he refused to pay Nash. Dampier is just one year younger and has so far been a major disappointment for the Mavs, averaging 8.7 ppg and 7.4 rpg.

The silver lining is that the Mavs are winning despite Cuban's bumbling. Dirk Nowitzki is having a career year (and, in a bit of revisionist history, the Mavs are claiming that he's playing at this level because he no longer has Nash to lean on. … yeah, right). Reserve Jerry Stackhouse is a strong contender for the Sixth Man honor. Second-year forward Josh Howard has been great, and Terry, Nash's replacement, has been on a tear in January, averaging 16.6 ppg and 6.1 apg while shooting more than 60 percent from the field and the three-point line.

Despite Terry's recent production, the Mavs are still looking to upgrade the point guard position. The Mavs believe Terry is better as a sixth man, a Nick Van Exel-esque scorer. Rookie Devin Harris will be the eventual heir to the position, but he isn't ready yet. While Cuban claims he no longer has interest in Jason Kidd, that isn't entirely true, according to sources close to Kidd. Other point guards on the block that the Mavs might consider include Gary Payton and Andre Miller.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
1/24/2005  9:57 PM
I'm never going to be able to see Marbury getting traded unless Isiah and him get into a arguement. But it is an interesting trade
NYKfan1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #679
USA
1/24/2005  10:02 PM
i think dallas woud def do it, and it woud be worth the knicks time 2 like at this trade as well, itd be great 2 get josh howard on this team and harris coud be a nice player, but again i dont think isiah woud eva consider it.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/24/2005  10:13 PM
DAL has a better chance of trading for Jason Kidd than they do Stephon Marbury...

as long as Isiah is the Knicks GM, Stephon Marbury is going to be our PG...bank on that...Jamal Crawford would be traded before Stephon is imho.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/24/2005  11:09 PM
I like it. We would then have to get rid of KT asap. Package Jamal and KT to get Brand.

Marbury for Josh Howard/Harris/Stackhouse/Marquis Daniels

Jamal/KT/Brewer for Brand

THEN

Sweetney/Moochie for Kwame Brown

C-Nazr, Kwame
PF-Brand, JYD, TT
SF-Ariza, Howard
SG-Houston, Daniels, Stackhouse
PG-Harris
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/24/2005  11:12 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:

I like it. We would then have to get rid of KT asap. Package Jamal and KT to get Brand.

Marbury for Josh Howard/Harris/Stackhouse/Marquis Daniels

Jamal/KT/Brewer for Brand

THEN

Sweetney/Moochie for Kwame Brown

C-Nazr, Kwame
PF-Brand, JYD, TT
SF-Ariza, Howard
SG-Houston, Daniels, Stackhouse
PG-Harris

houston ahead of Daniels and stackhouse!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01/24/2005 23:13:31]
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/24/2005  11:16 PM
I dont't feel Marbury is THE problem for this team and I will defend him when I feel he is getting unessesary blame. But where can I sign up for that one.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
gunsnewing
USA
1/24/2005  11:23 PM
its definitely a good trade for us with Devin's potential and howard and daniels who proved last year that they could start and put up big numbers and Stackhouse who's unbelievable! you're right, where do i sign? still need a center though
newyorknewyork
1/24/2005  11:28 PM
I wouldn't even need Stack i would settle for Henderson easily.
gunsnewing
USA
1/24/2005  11:33 PM
it'll never happen though. can you imagine the papers and mike and the mad dog. they'll eat Isiah alive for giving up on the almighty Stephon
newyorknewyork
1/24/2005  11:42 PM
It wouldn't happen because it just wouldn't. But who cares about Mike and the Madd dogg. Daniels is cappable of putting up a 3triple double any night and can play 3positions. Howard is a notch below Marion. Harris might be the fastest PG in the NBA and can stroke it. Those three with Sweetney down low.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/24/2005  11:50 PM
I'm going to have to quote allanfan!
Posted by Allanfan20:

ISIAH IS NEVER EVER TRADING STEPHON MARBURY! WE MIGHT AS WELL NOT DISCUSS THIS!
gunsnewing
USA
1/25/2005  12:00 AM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

It wouldn't happen because it just wouldn't. But who cares about Mike and the Madd dogg. Daniels is cappable of putting up a 3triple double any night and can play 3positions. Howard is a notch below Marion. Harris might be the fastest PG in the NBA and can stroke it. Those three with Sweetney down low.

oh i agree, who cares about mike and dog..im just saying..isiah will be killed around the league and by the media. but if isiah really wanted to show us something he'd pull the trigger
ItaliaKnick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #716
1/25/2005  11:14 AM
This is actually a realistic trade for both teams...as a Knicks fan I'd jump all over this...three young players to mix with your other young guys.

Posted by martin:

Dallas is a contender and needs a point guard to put them over the top.

Think they would do a Marb for Josh Howard or Marquis Daniels and Devin Harris and Salary (stack or Alan Henderson) for an All-Star PG?

I think Isiah the basketball man would do this, but Dolan the $$$ man would not.

Here is a tid-bit on Dallas in Insider today:
Mavericks: Dallas is a point guard away from being in position to win an NBA title this year. I'll give Mavs fans a second to savor the irony.

Mark Cuban has to be kicking himself as he watches Nash put up MVP numbers in Phoenix. Put all the actuarial tables aside for a minute: There was something that Nash brought to the table that formulas don't take into account. Cuban blew it, and he knows it.

While Cuban spent most of the summer obsessing over the team's lack of a big man, teams like the Suns were fine-tuning a style of play (one employed less radically by Don Nelson over the years) that maximized Nash's ability and let the Suns take advantage of the growing weakness of the Western Conference's front lines.

Cuban spent nearly the same amount of money on Dampier that he refused to pay Nash. Dampier is just one year younger and has so far been a major disappointment for the Mavs, averaging 8.7 ppg and 7.4 rpg.

The silver lining is that the Mavs are winning despite Cuban's bumbling. Dirk Nowitzki is having a career year (and, in a bit of revisionist history, the Mavs are claiming that he's playing at this level because he no longer has Nash to lean on. … yeah, right). Reserve Jerry Stackhouse is a strong contender for the Sixth Man honor. Second-year forward Josh Howard has been great, and Terry, Nash's replacement, has been on a tear in January, averaging 16.6 ppg and 6.1 apg while shooting more than 60 percent from the field and the three-point line.

Despite Terry's recent production, the Mavs are still looking to upgrade the point guard position. The Mavs believe Terry is better as a sixth man, a Nick Van Exel-esque scorer. Rookie Devin Harris will be the eventual heir to the position, but he isn't ready yet. While Cuban claims he no longer has interest in Jason Kidd, that isn't entirely true, according to sources close to Kidd. Other point guards on the block that the Mavs might consider include Gary Payton and Andre Miller.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
1/25/2005  11:28 AM
The trade he proposed was Daniels OR Howard, meaning we would get 2 young players and salary...Personally, I would prefer Daniels, Howard and Henderson for Steph....move Craw to the point Daniels to the 2

Nazr
Sweets
Ariza/Howard
Daniels/Allan
Craw.Brewer
~You can't run from who you are.~
gunsnewing
USA
1/25/2005  11:34 AM
Posted by joec32033:

The trade he proposed was Daniels OR Howard, meaning we would get 2 young players and salary...Personally, I would prefer Daniels, Howard and Henderson for Steph....move Craw to the point Daniels to the 2

Nazr
Sweets
Ariza/Howard
Daniels/Allan
Craw.Brewer

Craw at PG! Ouchhhh! if marbury is being criticized about how he runs this team just imagine what we'll do to crawford! We'll need Devin Harris in return. I'll settle for Henderson over stackhouse but we must get Harris if we're giving them Steph
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/25/2005  11:39 AM
It must be nice to live in a fantasy world... Cmon guys, we all know full well this trade is NOT going to happen. Would be it be nice to get Daniels and Howard, of course it would but this trade is just not going to happen. Stephon is going to be a Knick till the day him and Isiah have a huge fight and right now thats not going to happen becuase the Knicks poor record is NOT Steph's fault. Geez, I would just like to some team give Steph a chance until they get the roster right.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
martin
USA
1/25/2005  12:09 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

It must be nice to live in a fantasy world... Cmon guys, we all know full well this trade is NOT going to happen. Would be it be nice to get Daniels and Howard, of course it would but this trade is just not going to happen. Stephon is going to be a Knick till the day him and Isiah have a huge fight and right now thats not going to happen becuase the Knicks poor record is NOT Steph's fault. Geez, I would just like to some team give Steph a chance until they get the roster right.

It's not a fantasy world. The trade actually benefits both sides. Will it happen? Not likely, but it can be talked about.

In my mind it comes to the NYK owner. Can he tolerate 1 to 2 to 3 years of a bad team to make it much better over a 10-year time period? If he was smart, he would.

Right now, both from a financial and player/talent standpoint, Marbury is almost too good. Too good in the sense that he puts butts in MSG regularly and good enough to keep this team at around .500%. Is that really healthy for the team? Not really. Is he good enough to win a championship? Debatable.

Now, trading Marbury for 2 younger backcourt guys who need about 2 years of playing time before they become absolutely solid, and in the mean time giving Ariza, Sweets the time to play, would be a good thing. You step back for 2 years and give your team a chance to get in the lottery for a big man, and add in the expiring contract, also give yourself more of a chance to add players. You get 5 years younger at the small positions.

Fantasy? Only in Dolan’s eyes.
martin
USA
1/25/2005  12:10 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by joec32033:

Nazr
Sweets
Ariza/Howard
Daniels/Allan
Craw.Brewer

Craw at PG! Ouchhhh! if marbury is being criticized about how he runs this team just imagine what we'll do to crawford! We'll need Devin Harris in return. I'll settle for Henderson over stackhouse but we must get Harris if we're giving them Steph

I had the same reaction. Craw is NOT a PG is any way, shape, or form. He is a very good passer for a SG, but nothing more. He has NO idea about how to run a team, and is more of a shoot-first PG ala Marbury.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/25/2005  1:10 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by joec32033:

Nazr
Sweets
Ariza/Howard
Daniels/Allan
Craw.Brewer

I had the same reaction. Craw is NOT a PG is any way, shape, or form. He is a very good passer for a SG, but nothing more. He has NO idea about how to run a team, and is more of a shoot-first PG ala Marbury.
Crawford has to show much, much better decision making as an SG before we even think about him playing PG
Think Dallas would do this Marb trade?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy