[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Blame TT and KT
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/24/2005  6:23 PM
Tim Thomas is supposed to be getting his usual 14pts and 5 rebs ber game with a few threes and a nice in between game.

That is the difference in the Knicks being a slightly above .500 team and where they are now. He simply needs to score the way he is capable and contribute what he can from outside, on the boards and defense. Timmy has been terrible in all aspects fo the game.

As far as the Knicks go they always start games trying to find KT open for jumpers. They need a power fwd that will bang inside with Nazr cuz KT outside at 15-18 ft is throwing off the effectiveness of the guards.

The Knicks could fix this internally without going for Walker, etc...though I would be the first to say trade for them.

Sweets needs to start with Nazr then bring KT in to stretch the defense once it starts to key in around Sweets for a change of pace.

Tommy needs to be sent home like Penny. JYD and Ariza more than anything need minutes.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
NewYorkSoul
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #855
Canada
1/24/2005  6:40 PM
On paper, we looked like a very good team. Kurt has been regressing for a couple of years too. That and the fact that we are missing a shot blocker to control the lanes, and extremely poor perimeter D.

Kurt's lack of athleticism is definitely killing us, especially since he is playing major minutes. Kurt and Nazr are poor weak side defenders. I think Kurt has gotten used to playing with Camby and Ewing too much, as evidenced by his attempts to draw charges on EVERY opportunity available.

Kurt man, you can't draw charges on jump shots! At least get your hands up!

Oh yah, and Tim Thomas too
David f'n Lee for President!!
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
1/24/2005  7:13 PM
I woudn't blame Kurt; the way he plays is shooting jumpshots. Not everybody has low-post skills so it's not his fault imo. But I completely agree with you about TT; if he was playing like last year we would be running away with the Atlantic division looking forward to games like these against the Suns and other elite teams.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/24/2005  8:18 PM
Posted by matt:

I woudn't blame Kurt; the way he plays is shooting jumpshots. Not everybody has low-post skills so it's not his fault imo. But I completely agree with you about TT; if he was playing like last year we would be running away with the Atlantic division looking forward to games like these against the Suns and other elite teams.
No Kurt needs blame too!

He watches as defenders sky past him not offering a hand in the face a hand up...nothing. Do you know how many times he did it in the last game alone? Its ridiculous. We know he isn't athletic but unless someone is posting him up on defense and has there body pressed up on him, he is utterly and totally useless. He is a freakin big man, he is suposed ot be our last line of defense. He is a role player playing a the wrong role. He MUST be traded.

EnySpree

1/24/2005  8:20 PM
Posted by matt:

That's just it though....the Knicks need what KT doesn't do. KT would be good as someones sidekick. Like Shaq or Yao or Duncan....Isiah should look into that.

KT is a good player. He's intellegent but for him to be a starter and be the teams best anything is just like having one foot in the grave the other in Mariano Riveras pool(if you catch my drift).

I've been on the trade-i-tis bandwagon for years......this time around, realistically speaking, the Knicks might be better off if they bannish Timmy just like they did Penny, and stick Houston on the IL till next season.....

With this logic the Knicks really don't miss anything. The Knicks could start Sweets and Still have JYD and Baker backing him up....If the Knicks keep KT he could also serve as Sweets back-up as well as for Nazr.....They could go after Woods and go with him and Ariza at the 3 with JYD getting time there too.....Craw and Marbs get 40 minutes anyway and Brewer is a nice fill in along with Ariza and Woods.

On paper:
PF Sweets/KT/JYD/Baker
sf Ariza/Woods/JYD
c Nazr/KT/Baker
pg Marbs/Brewer/Craw
sg Craw/Ariza/Woods

Basically the Knicks minus TT, Houston, and Penny which is what is going on right now cuz these three have been hurt and have been terrible when they were healthy.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

1/24/2005  8:23 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by matt:

No Kurt needs blame too!

He watches as defenders sky past him not offering a hand in the face a hand up...nothing. Do you know how many times he did it in the last game alone? Its ridiculous. We know he isn't athletic but unless someone is posting him up on defense and has there body pressed up on him, he is utterly and totally useless. He is a freakin big man, he is suposed ot be our last line of defense. He is a role player playing a the wrong role. He MUST be traded.

I already said it in the last thing I posted but maybe KT can go and help Miami, the Spurs or Houston.....He's more suited for those teams....

If the Knicks can get a pick and a young guy in return,....it would be more than enough compensation.....Say KT for Brent Barry and a 1st rounder(probably a low one). The Spurs could need more help up front and they already have a shyte load of Ginobilli type guards on that team.

Just a thought.

[Edited by - enyspree on 01/24/2005 20:31:48]
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
1/24/2005  9:51 PM
I won't blame anyone but the organization for allowing Kurt to be a starter and TT to continue to remain a starter
The true Knickabocker..........
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
1/24/2005  9:56 PM
Everyone is right that KT isn't what the Knicks need, but thats only because hes that type of player. TT could be doing his part but for whatever reason he isn't
Blame TT and KT

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy