[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Herb Williams is "fill in the blank"
Author Thread
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
1/24/2005  4:15 PM
Herb Williams is a dedicated and loyal man who has finally gotten his big break at the brigt lights of Madison Square Garden but ultimately, a lame duck
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/24/2005  4:26 PM
So was Jeff Van Gundy... you never know
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
1/24/2005  4:34 PM
you know wha i'll have to agree with you on that. i was thinking that the Larry Browns' and the Phil jacksons' would come-a-charging for free money

but you just may be right
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/24/2005  4:48 PM
hey... I'm not endorsing Herb. Honestly my guess is his impact isnt much, but you never know. Maybe this guy is perfect and will get these guys playing bigtime team ball. Stranger things have happened. Considering it took Hubie Brown over a year and some other pretty coaches more time I'm not holding my breath. Time will tell... I will root like hell for Herb. He's a good guy and the black man to often gets the shaft.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/24/2005  4:50 PM
speaking of black man - that's three black head coaches in a row for the knicks. at least we know dolan doesn't belong to the "good old boys" club.

herb has said things neither lenny nor chaney ever did. that probably won't change the outcome of games but could change the way the team plays and the attitudes of the players.

my guess, unless marbury shows some respect to the coach and play defense from the get go - and like herb said, it's all effort, not talent, then nothing will change.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/24/2005  7:39 PM
the thing about Herb that might be encouraging is that as a player- he was never a star- he had to learn to do the little things to stay in the league...
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/24/2005  7:45 PM
ewing hand picked JVG when they had mutiney against Nelson. They did well with JVG and he proved himself.

But in a way he never was looked upon with respect. Not like the 4mil a year he got from the rockets, and now he got Ewing working for him.

JVG would have gotten fired if they did not make the finals. His 2 mil a year extension kicked in automatically. Dolan wanted a star.

JVG was a real man walking away from big money in that way!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/24/2005  8:46 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

speaking of black man - that's three black head coaches in a row for the knicks. at least we know dolan doesn't belong to the "good old boys" club.
I just thought about that last night. Only in New York. You gotta love this town.
herb has said things neither lenny nor chaney ever did. that probably won't change the outcome of games but could change the way the team plays and the attitudes of the players.
IF you change the way the team plays and the attitudes of the players, it will certainly change the outcome of gmes. Thats all that you could possibly ask for from a coach.
Herb Williams is "fill in the blank"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy