[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

76ers Trade
Author Thread
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
1/24/2005  1:31 PM
What is the possibility of Marbury and KT for Glenn Robinson, Kevin Ollie, Andre Iguodala and Samuel Dalembert?

It works under the cap. Would the 76ers or Knicks do it?
If not, offer an improved version of the trade.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/24/2005  1:43 PM
you have to get their #1 back also. I love Dalembert but not that much.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/24/2005  1:46 PM
Yikes. Too much panicking after a for-s**t 2 weeks. Dalembert is seiously overrated on this board. Iguodala looks good but so does Ariza. This is what Marbury should be turned into? plus wasting kT's trade value to get stuck with the Small Dog? It's been a horrible 2 weeks. Right before that we were 16-13. Marbury had just had one of his MVP-caliber runs. Yeah he's streakky and sulky but he's also a career 20 and 8 evey time he steps on the court. I've been paying attention lately to how often he takes off down the ocurt with the ball and there are absolutely no other Knicks with him. He's the sole cause of 1-10? Was he the sole cause of 16-13?
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/24/2005  1:48 PM
ISIAH IS NEVER EVER TRADING STEPHON MARBURY! WE MIGHT AS WELL NOT DISCUSS THIS!
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/24/2005  1:50 PM
And I'm not even saying that to be a jerk. But if you saw him on Mike'd Up last night, you'd hear for yourself how they are clearly making love to eachother at this point or something.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
CTKnicksfan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #572
Not sure if Phillly wants to re-create the olympic backcourt, but I would do it if the pick was included. I'd even take a lotto-protected pick or a 2006 #1 at this point. As far as getting young talent back for Marbury, doubful they could do much better than Dalembert and Iguodala. Not sure philly is going in that direction though.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
Posted by Marv:

Dalembert is seiously overrated on this board.
Exactly. And I dont understand why. I think we should only make a trade after we find out what Sweetney can turn into. Can we start this guy and give him 30 mpg and then see what we need? I am not sold on Sweetney yet. Also., Sam Dalembert is NOT that good.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
codeunknown
1/24/2005  2:03 PM
Posted by Marv:

Yikes. Too much panicking after a for-s**t 2 weeks. Dalembert is seiously overrated on this board. Iguodala looks good but so does Ariza. This is what Marbury should be turned into? plus wasting kT's trade value to get stuck with the Small Dog? It's been a horrible 2 weeks. Right before that we were 16-13. Marbury had just had one of his MVP-caliber runs. Yeah he's streakky and sulky but he's also a career 20 and 8 evey time he steps on the court. I've been paying attention lately to how often he takes off down the ocurt with the ball and there are absolutely no other Knicks with him. He's the sole cause of 1-10? Was he the sole cause of 16-13?

Relax Marv, no one said Marbury is the sole cause of anything whatsoever. The reason for the trade is getting Iguodala and Dalembert and saving many millions in Glenn Robinson's expiring contract. Salary saved and 2 good prospects obtained. I guess thats what they call rebuilding.

Fishmike, I agree. It was a conservative proposal. If they donate us a #1, I'll gladly take it.

Allanfan20, just because it probably won't happen doesn't mean its not worth discussing.

If we sign Q. Woods, Potential lineup:

Crawford/Norris/Penny
Iguodala/Woods/Houston
Ariza/Woods/Timmy/JYD
Sweetney/Baker
Dalembert/Nazr

Plus the #1 we get from getting in the lottery this season.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
1/24/2005  2:24 PM
Posted by Marv:

Holy cow...someone with a brain.

Dalembart is garbage.

For those that play fantasy sports, here is the Yahoo take:
Advice: W
ith Dalembert back in the lineup, Marc Jackson returned to a reserve role for the Sixers. For the season, Dalembert is averaging 5.3 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.5 blocked shots in 28 contests.

5.3 POINTS? 6.3 REBOUNDS? 1.5 BLOCKED SHOTS? Sounds more like motumbo then a superstar big.

I don't want to see dalembert's name mentioned ever again. HE SUCKS.

For comparison:
Nazr is averaging 12/9/1.2
Kurt Thomas is averaging: 11.7/9.6/1.0

Shut your mouth about Dalembert...he's Garbage.
all kool aid all the time.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/24/2005  2:34 PM
Dalambert's not garbage- he could turn into a decent Camby-type player with an impact on the game.

He might also never develop into that and be a tall, skinny dude that couldn't play pro ball.

I don't think any Knick is safe from being traded but I don't think any team out there that might want Marbury has the pieces we'd accept.

And- for Marbury to get traded, IT would have to see something he doesn't like- and besides inserting both feet into his mouth with the "I'm the best pg crap", I haven't seen anything that would get him banished.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/24/2005  5:02 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

ISIAH IS NEVER EVER TRADING STEPHON MARBURY! WE MIGHT AS WELL NOT DISCUSS THIS!
LOL! I couldn't have said it better myself
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/24/2005  7:48 PM
Igendola is Ariza.

Glenn robinson is dead conttract walking. WE call him Anfernee 'round here.

Sammy is becoming a god. The grass is always greener, younger and more athletic.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/24/2005  8:15 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Igendola is Ariza.

Glenn robinson is dead conttract walking. WE call him Anfernee 'round here.

Sammy is becoming a god. The grass is always greener, younger and more athletic.

i'll trade KT & a pick for some of that grass.

[Edited by - TMS on 01/24/2005 20:16:10]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
codeunknown
1/24/2005  8:38 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

Dalembart is garbage.

For those that play fantasy sports, here is the Yahoo take:
Advice: With Dalembert back in the lineup, Marc Jackson returned to a reserve role for the Sixers. For the season, Dalembert is averaging 5.3 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.5 blocked shots in 28 contests.

5.3 POINTS? 6.3 REBOUNDS? 1.5 BLOCKED SHOTS? Sounds more like motumbo then a superstar big.

I don't want to see dalembert's name mentioned ever again. HE SUCKS.

For comparison:
Nazr is averaging 12/9/1.2
Kurt Thomas is averaging: 11.7/9.6/1.0

Shut your mouth about Dalembert...he's Garbage.

All you had to do was say you didn't think he was that good. But, no, you had to run your mouth and go around telling other people to shut up. Now was that really necessary? Did your wife run away with the milk man? Did you get your ass fired by your boss? Do you have low self-esteem? I don't know what your problem is, and frankly I don't care. Next time you open your mouth, put a **** in it.
76ers Trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy