[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

start Sweetney, JYD and Ariza against Pho
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/24/2005  1:15 PM
send a message to the other guys. Also with Marion at 4 and Amare at 5 if NAzr and KT start we will be down 10 within the first 5 minutes.. mark my words.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/24/2005  1:32 PM
sure. i would go right to sweetney from the get go. see if amare or marion can deal with his body in the post. i almost guarantee that he will get double teamed right off the bat. he'll get DESTROYED on the other end, but we need to use what he can give us.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/24/2005  1:55 PM
We are going to get ran off the court. All we can hope for is Jamal Crawford to go crazy and has one of those games when he hits everything he throws up in order to not get blown out.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/24/2005  1:57 PM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

We are going to get ran off the court. All we can hope for is Jamal Crawford to go crazy and has one of those games when he hits everything he throws up in order to not get blown out.

my god, it hurts, but it's the truth.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
USA
1/24/2005  1:58 PM
he's due. The other thing is Marbury. People can pump up Nash all they want but he doesnt defend. The problem is their long athletic bigs get to hang around the rim because our guys arent a threat (oh but KT's mid range jumper is so great)
newyorknewyork
1/24/2005  2:06 PM
Thats one thing as well. Marbury has basically had his way with every PG offensivly this season. There is no shut down PG in the nba today. But after he gets by them most teams have 1-2 solid bigs with that ability to block his shot or alter his shot. Marbury doesn't have that so his D looks even worse than everyone else.

I know Marbury is going to try to outplay Nash and he will come focused like he did vs Francis in Orlando. But as much as he is going to try he isn't going to be able to pull out the win.
fishmike
USA
1/24/2005  2:10 PM
If I am Herb this is what I say.
"OK guys... you stink right now. You all have talent but you cant win. So there are going to be some changes and some new rules.

Jamal: your the PG. Your #1 job is to create shots for other guys. Get into the paint and find teammates. Oh, and if you miss 2 3's in a row you cant shoot another one all night.

Marbury: Your 2 guard right now. Come off high screens and picks and attack the basket. I dont care if you pass. Attack the basket, attack the basket and attack the basket. If you take 25 shots 15 of them better come from the paint.

JYD/Sweetney/KT round out the starting line up.

TT: 1 reb every 4 minutes

Failure to comply means you sit a game.

Thanks... love Herb"
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
1/24/2005  2:15 PM

Head Coach Herb Williams
On Michael Sweetney: He’s the one guy on the team that draws fouls. He can get the ball deep and he can score inside. We just need him to be a little bit more forceful and not pass it out so easily. He has to go ahead, step through, and try to score.

If sweets does this, Amare will be in foul trouble.
all kool aid all the time.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/24/2005  2:26 PM
Posted by fishmike:

If I am Herb this is what I say.
"OK guys... you stink right now. You all have talent but you cant win. So there are going to be some changes and some new rules.

Jamal: your the PG. Your #1 job is to create shots for other guys. Get into the paint and find teammates. Oh, and if you miss 2 3's in a row you cant shoot another one all night.

Marbury: Your 2 guard right now. Come off high screens and picks and attack the basket. I dont care if you pass. Attack the basket, attack the basket and attack the basket. If you take 25 shots 15 of them better come from the paint.

JYD/Sweetney/KT round out the starting line up.

TT: 1 reb every 4 minutes

Failure to comply means you sit a game.

Thanks... love Herb"

i'm down with that.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/24/2005  2:39 PM
I'd have all subs in to start the game- all of them need a wake up call.

Start Baker, Sweets, JYD, Ariza and Brewer

But- you're right about Nazr and KT being too slow to keep up with Phoenix.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
1/24/2005  2:48 PM
I like the part about TT. He should be given a set numbers to have per game. If after each game his stats doesn't look like this below, penelize him one game:

16 points out of 12 shots per game
6 rbs
2 apg
2 blks

If he choses to waist them shooting 3s, it is his business.
The true Knickabocker..........
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
1/24/2005  3:46 PM
i get ur point about sweetney destroying marion in the post, but I can't imagine sweets trying to guard marion
also, anyone think they can just have amare shut sweets down while marion uses his athleticism to make sure kt doesn't hit jumpers?
http://allknicks.com
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
1/24/2005  5:09 PM
I agree with Fish. I think putting Ariza in the starting lineup was a great move for the long-term interests of the club and I'm really hoping they'll do the same with Sweetney
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/24/2005  6:09 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

sure. i would go right to sweetney from the get go. see if amare or marion can deal with his body in the post. i almost guarantee that he will get double teamed right off the bat. he'll get DESTROYED on the other end, but we need to use what he can give us.

That's what the need. they need to establish someone in the post first.....it seems like they just try to establish KT's jumper.....well at least under Lenny's watch.

If Sweeney would start games then we could see whether if it's even worth tradign half the team to get a power fwd......Sweetney needs to be handed the reigns already.....he seems comfortable and more vocal out there.

One thing about Sweetney is he is a good passer.
Against the Bucks he got the ball at the foul line droveto the right and gave KT a nice over the head pass for a put in.

After losing 6 straight....something has to change......let it be internal first.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/24/2005  6:13 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

Head Coach Herb Williams
On Michael Sweetney: He’s the one guy on the team that draws fouls. He can get the ball deep and he can score inside. We just need him to be a little bit more forceful and not pass it out so easily. He has to go ahead, step through, and try to score.

If sweets does this, Amare will be in foul trouble.

And that's exactly how you establish an inside presence. Force a double team because you don'y want to foul. Make them Switch Amare on anoter player and then the Knicks will have a bonified advantage cuz after Amare there is no one strong enough to deal with Sweets inside.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
1/24/2005  7:24 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I agree with Fish. I think putting Ariza in the starting lineup was a great move for the long-term interests of the club and I'm really hoping they'll do the same with Sweetney

I just hope other teams aren't really playing attention to who is starting for us so they don't want to sign him. Or, Isiah could just extend him right now and end any of that
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
1/24/2005  10:15 PM
For now, I will take this one move, but Sweetney is the one that needs to be starting....I understand the matchup issues, but our main problems are at the frontcourt...
The true Knickabocker..........
newyorknewyork
1/24/2005  11:27 PM
If we are to establish Sweets in the post and he starts to draw double-triple teams like he did vs Miluakee when they tried to stop the entry pass we need guys to be able to hit the 3 consistantly. Crawford & TT missing there open 3s have been killing us.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/24/2005  11:31 PM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

If we are to establish Sweets in the post and he starts to draw double-triple teams like he did vs Miluakee when they tried to stop the entry pass we need guys to be able to hit the 3 consistantly. Crawford & TT missing there open 3s have been killing us.

good point
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
1/24/2005  11:46 PM
Posted by matt:
Posted by Bonn1997:

I just hope other teams aren't really playing attention to who is starting for us so they don't want to sign him. Or, Isiah could just extend him right now and end any of that
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can extend a player that you don't have the Bird rights of for only like a 10% annual raise. That would amount to pocket change compared to what Ariza would get. At a bare minimum, he would get an LLE contract, which is about quadruple the amount his contract could be extended by right now
start Sweetney, JYD and Ariza against Pho

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy